Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Worlds of DC Thread

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    but seriously the title on the script is giving me déjà vu but I can't figure out what from.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I mean, at this point it's pretty much sealed that they're gonna be shitcanned at some point, no?

I came across this a few days ago. Short version: WB will not Kevin Spacey'd Miller because the movie is done and they are the main character. The Flash will be released as is... or not at all. Miller can (and probably will) get the boot from any future project, though.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/e...Igv8tftxQfS59w

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Gotta keep the faith, just gotta keep the faith...

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Pain.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Yeah I saw that a couple hours ago. Lady Gaga is a talented singer and I thought her acting was pretty good in A Star is Born, but if this is true, the decision to make the sequel a musical is beyond perplexing. Hopefully it was just someone's offhanded comment being blown out of proportion, which happens often.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Gotta give them credit, because I didn't think there was any way to make this character or that movie any more exhausting but they sure as fuck found one

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    My initial thought to the headline was "oh right of course they're doing Harley" but then comments on reddit made me re-read the headline. How I missed "musical" the first couple of times I read it I'll never know but...yeah.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Big oof.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    lol what a piece of shit.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Deadline reporting that Warner Bros / DC has finally pulled the plug. After the upcoming Flash movie, they’re officially done with Ezra Miller. Now just hoping shit doesn’t escalate further before the movie comes out.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 06-18-2022 at 12:40 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    We all know where this is headed...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    We all know where this is headed...

Jesus...if WB doesn't completely scrap this movie, or reshoot the scenes with him in it, there's seriously something wrong with them. I know they have a lot of money invested in it, but it's time to cut their losses. This farm is in Vermont too. All the way at the southern end of the state, but still, it's a pretty small state.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

all day every day.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    At this point, forget the movie. There is obviously something very, very wrong with Ezra Miller; I'm thinking some kind of mental health crisis. Are they bipolar and in the midst of a manic episode? I don't know but it is clear that something is not right.

The real question is: what is being done about it? Is there someone in their family, friends, entourage, work place who's trying to help? Here is a human being who is becoming increasingly irrational and a very potential danger to themselves and those close to them. What is being done to help them?

Or are people watching the trainwreck happening while eating popcorn; because it for sure makes some juicy headlines! I would add especially since the person involved identify as non binary. So much fuel for the "all those trans are crazy and dangerous" crowd out there.

But hey, carry on...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    You guys are honestly such pussies. Who hasn't put a bullet in a baby's mouth? Sometimes things can get boring at a party and you just have to improvise. Lighten up.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Word circulating online now that the second Joker movie will not in fact be a musical (sorta figured) and that Lady Gaga will also not be playing Harley. Also rumors that the script is quite violent, including possible torture scenes...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Warner says bots helped make the 'Snyder Cut' happen

Per two documents reviewed by Rolling Stone, the number of fake accounts that took part in conversations around the Snyder Cut — including the famous #ReleaseTheSnyderCut hashtag — made up a total of 13 percent. Twitter estimates that around 5 percent of its users are bots, which would mean the Snyder Cut movement was made up of around two to three times more fake accounts than typically expected (a heavy caveat: people have also called Twitter's numbers into question, with some researchers estimating bots make up between nine and 15 percent of the platform's users).
    I guess it shouldn't be a surprise at the number of bots on the site anymore.
    Snyder's cut was eventually released last year, and received a much more positive response. But for Warner Media, it seems like the film's legacy is more complex than a simple fan-driven success story.
    that's not how you end an article, that's how you expand on your thesis statement and maybe have at least two more paragraphs, but I guess that's what passes for journalism now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So, apparently Batman will have a feature in the Aquaman sequel, because if there's anything WB needs to keep its franchise from falling apart, it's more Batman.
    https://comicbook.com/movies/news/be...st-kingdom-dc/

PS: Can we please stop talking about Ezra in this thread until there's official confirmation on how the growing pile of scandals will impact the Flash movie's release?
    Last edited by Patrick_Nicholas; 07-29-2022 at 05:31 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Someone took the storyboards for the JL sequel and animated them for this.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Woooof

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It only took a few days for my last post here to bite me in the ass:

Supposedly the new WB execs don't want low-stakes superhero movies because they (usually) don't make as much money as high-stakes "crisis" movies with special effects galore. Apparently not even Michael Keaton's Batman was enough for WB to justify releasing a movie that was pretty much already completed.

That's pretty much it for my hope for the future of the DCEU after the 2023 movies. I have come to believe that not even Batman: The Animated Series could be made today for not being all high-stakes all the time. Even an unconventional movie like Joker (rated R, no less) would probably be a stretch despite that movie making over a billion. It's a miracle the DCEU has even managed to survive for this long, given that it's been plagued by greedy cowards who throw out more movies than they release when certain movies don't turn out to be as profitable as expected.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    What in the what?

"Batgirl" also starred J.K. Simmons, Brendan Fraser... and Michael Keaton as Batman.

WHAT.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I'm not going to pretend to have followed this very closely but when I was reading the replies to the reports I was struck by the veiled yet obvious racism and misogyny of many mouthbreathers cheering this decision.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I didn't even know there was a Blue Beetle movie coming, so it's probably dead as well.

also, apparently someone is about to get some money.

https://twitter.com/dc

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The second 'Joker' movie releases (for now) Oct 4, 2024.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

The news that they are removing movies - not shows, movies - from their streaming service is not good news.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Last edited by allegate; 08-04-2022 at 03:17 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    DC is a friggin' mess, man.

If Joker is indeed a full on musical, it will be completely unwatchable for me personally; Cannot stand musicals for more than ten minutes. It will apparently take place mostly in Arkham Asylum.

My lord... I mean, he did go on Instagram and pretty much threaten their lives, but this story just get more and more bonkers as time goes by. The fact that the movie is still greenlit to release, regardless of its 200m budget is insane to me at this point.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 08-05-2022 at 02:52 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)