Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Worlds of DC Thread

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    RedLetterMedia guys loved it...

Last edited by neorev; 08-11-2021 at 04:16 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Also heavily dislike birds of prey and suicide squad albeit for entirely different reasons. Though I found suicide squad a bit more watchable at least for being so disastrous.

I loved this new movie though, what a difference a director makes. And we are left with a fascinating study comparing this with it's predecessor and with Guardians of the Galaxy to which I thought this truly measured up. Also much like doom patrol as well. Maybe dc is finding a groove, snydercwrse fans be damned. But hey the Snyder's produced this! So they can do good I suppose. Such a delightful movie with great characters, cool powers and amazing creatures.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Yup each to their own, but I despised Birds of Prey... it took the HQ character and did stupid things with the concept imo.

this got it all right and ticked all the boxes for me. But if I’m honest these movies generally aren’t my thing. I had the lowest expectations. Instead, as far as I’m concerned this is the most entertaining fun/action movie I’ve seen in a long time

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Started Doom Patrol on Prime recently. Most enjoyable DC content in recent memory.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The Suicide Squad was pretty good. Definitely an improvement over the first. I cared about a few characters for sure, the movie is messy, the pacing was very off to me, but overall I had a good time.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    God help me, I went back and watched SS and BOP. I think my takeaway is that TSS is better, it's just not really as good as it could be. The whole James Gunn soundtrack thing has always annoyed me, like he was trying to do what Tarantino does but with less imagination, but I have to admit the music in TSS is a huge reason why it's a better movie. The other movies aren't good but there's some good scenes and ideas in there. But with both of them I couldn't help but notice a lot of scenes are scored with this generic sounding modern r&b type stuff that is just dogshit to my ears. At least Gunn was playing Pixies tracks.

Also BOP had terrible casting for the other "birds" imo. Ultimately all three movies take Harley Quinn and make her into a cute zaney character when they should go a bit deeper and actually explore her insanity a bit instead of keeping it a surface level joke. TSS just so happens to have decent supporting/lead characters so it holds up much better. Maybe I'm just not a big fan of the whole suicide squad team up concept though. I think I'd rather see more individual solo type movies from DC that explored characters a bit more.

Edit:
    Oh yeah, those mentioning Doom Patrol vibes with this film, I agree. That show isn't perfect but it's WTF level is off the charts and at least it takes time to go in depth with it's characters' mentality.
    Last edited by burnmotherfucker!; 08-10-2021 at 08:54 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I laughed far more at the "soft remakeboot" than the original. The smartwatch exchange alone.

I've been zooming (no pun intended) through Flash and Legends. Flash is pretty rough, it might be time to 86 it. Legends is so out there again, it's awesome... and so fucked up. Sometimes you need that shut your brain off show.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post

I've been zooming (no pun intended) through Flash and Legends. Flash is pretty rough, it might be time to 86 it.
    Flash must be nearing it's end, it's now reached the same number of seasons as Arrow (albeit their season 8 was truncated compared to the usual 20+ episode seasons)

So unless everyone involved is just generally having a good time making the show and/or the network keeps renewing it, I'm not sure how much further it can......run.

Although I guess I have to keep in mind that this is the network which kept that shitty Supernatural show going for what? 15 seasons? Christ!

Supergirl is ending with it's 6th season.

Black Lightning is done after 4 seasons.

Batwoman is ending after season 3 i think?

Legends of Tomorrow, that's bound to be concluding soon?

That leaves Stargirl and Superman and Lois as the freshman CW shows. I'm not sure if there's anything else on the way?

Gotta say it was still pretty bananas to see that SIX SHOW crossover with Crisis on Infinite Earths.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 08-17-2021 at 02:57 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Flash needs to end. It's just awful now. Everything between Barry & Iris has been painful to watch since S1, but now I just want them both to die in a fire. BRUTAL dialogue, and just nothing about them as a couple that makes you root for them.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I have four episodes of Flash left, and I feel like there's no rush to finish it.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    There are slight teasers for Aquaman and Shazam 2 as well. DC is doing some great stuff right now.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just finished up watching The Suicide Squad... I liked the look of the effects, which is a change from a lot of other DC outings. Story seemed a bit hodgepodge but the acting was fine (and appropriately campy at points...). Don't see why Peacemaker needs a series though.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    If Gunn is to be believed: he doesn't. Gunn just had such a good time with the character that he pitched the idea, hence why he lives even after all that.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I hope this is good.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

I hope this is good.
    It is good. Anyone else? Thoughts?

Cena kills it here, and I love how they play the zany stuff straight faced. Really enjoyable.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    There are a lot of good bits to the show but there are a couple that keep it from being great. Interested in where they show goes now, especially after my son did his "I called it!" at the end and my wife and I were both "called what?"

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Reports flying around that the script to the Joker sequel is done and WB wants filming to start next year.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Reports flying around that the script to the Joker sequel is done and WB wants filming to start next year.
    Jesus, I really hope this is something special, cause that first one was great. Unless a ton of money is involved, I didnt think Jaquin would have agreed to do another.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Remember a time where you were fucking excited when a solo movie about your favorite character was announced? Oh well... Venom, Solo, Boba Fett and certain Marvel movies etc. definitely left a mark on me. Amazing visuals, shitty execution... I really can't see Joaquin returning. I'm almost sure he will bail out and part two revolves around a "new" Joker in the same universe.

Watched the first two espisodes of Peacemaker yesterday and quite enjoyed the campy humor. It's a fine little show, but nothing I would want to engage with in a second season so far. But it works surprisingly well.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

cool. it's been a wild ride - mostly good - so this is good news. John Cena is pretty good in this.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Nice little cameo appearance there at the end of Peacemaker.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I did not know that Ezra Miller was that tall, he always seems so short when he's on-screen.

Also was that Spoiler: Superman or no?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Just watched David Ayers Suicide Squad again. I haven't watched since it came out in theaters, but I actually enjoyed it more than I did the first time. It is still pretty bad, but there are some really good moments in it.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

"Salad toss, bro"

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

"That better be a licensed toy or I will freak out" got an actual laugh out of me at the theater.