Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Worlds of DC Thread

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    As much as I think these DC movies are crap, I just find this article in regards to Ben Affleck going into rehab inflating DC's movie insurance budget a bit fucking low and disgusting. Leave the fucking guy alone. It's like they want to see Ben Affleck crash and burn so these sickos can write about it in their shitty high school gossip rags.

https://www.nme.com/news/ben-affleck...-rehab-2372181

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Watching the DC Universe livestream...first big news is the Titans series will debut Fri Oct 12, with a new episode every Friday (12 episodes total in season one).

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Alec Baldwin quit within a day, this Joker shit is gonna be great (by which I mean an incomprehensible mess)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I'm not linking to any sites regarding this - there is a lot of speculation that WB may try to release Affleck from his contract (he supposedly has one film left) and re-cast Batman due to his current stint in rehab. Speculation for this is based on how insurance and bond contracts work for actors regarding completing an entire film and is similar to what RDJ went through when he was cast in the first Iron Man movie (being paid peanuts because his insurance was through the roof).

No good guys or bad guys in this one. I hope Affleck is getting the help he needs and if removing him as Batman is the best way to achieve that, then so be it.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Wouldn't surprise me if he started drinking because of the shit he takes in the press.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    You could see it when he was promoting live by night when all he was asked was Batman.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Here's a better comparison. Why they decided to change the building from being in silhouette at 46 secs makes me scratch my head.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Earlier this year, WB sent out a request to see digital mock-ups of Kit Harrington (Game of Thrones' "Jon Snow") wearing....the batsuit.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Well...i wasn't expecting that!

Looks like the soft re-boot is incoming!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Huh. I don’t think Cavill was ever the problem and he showed real signs of being able to embody the role well but with a studio seemingly incapable of doing Superman any justice and after years of working with a director who clearly doesn’t understand and doesn’t like the character, along with now landing roles like The Witcher, I can’t blame him for wanting to quit. I never bothered watching Justice League since I’m tired of these movies but it’s a shame we’ll never see him get to do a proper Superman story. I won’t be surprised at all if Affleck is gone too and it hasn’t been finalized/announced yet considering he’s the one everyone figured was going to quit (and he’s another case where I don’t think he was the problem as much as it was the writing/directing).

It’s a shame they had to fuck all this up by letting a pseudointellectual fascism-fetishising guy with a spotty track record at best decide where these movies would go while obviously disliking and misunderstanding the characters he was playing with while desperate to imitate the MCU. And I don’t buy the “they needed solo movies” argument because X-Men was ensemble from the get-go and was popular and well-done for its time.

But hey, maybe we’ll finally get that Tim Burton/Nic Cage Superman!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Is there an old-man-Supes story? Oh yeah, Kingdom Come.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'll be the first to say Superman is my least liked comic hero, but there are some decent Superman stories that could be done...they just need a studio that understands they need to plan ahead with the right directors and script writers, and other then Wonder Women WB just have shown little signs of doing that.

Justice League wasn't the worst film ever made, but it certainly wasn't good (had the air of a fan film to me with some really awful CGI) and wasn't the send off Cavill and Affleck deserved! I personally would have loved to have seen Flashpoint movie made and soft-rebooted from there, allowing the old actors who were going to bow out and let the new cast take the rains without having to re-do their origin stories...but it doesn't look like that's happening!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Hmmmmmm.... Cavill's manager:

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    DC universe is now online folks!!!!!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Hmmmmmm.... Cavill's manager:

Yeah I was about to post that too.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    At least WB's response isn't vague as fuck...

"While no decisions have been made regarding any upcoming Superman films, we’ve always had great respect for and a great relationship with Henry Cavill, and that remains unchanged"

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Friday The 13th star Derek Mears cast as Swamp Thing.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Justice League Dark? *crosses fingers*

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    DC universe is now online folks!!!!!
    What do you think?

My brother and I are thinking of splitting a subscription, and I'm tempted. The upcoming originals (especially YOUNG JUSTICE) are cool, but the instant access to Batman TAS, Superman TAS (very underrated imo), JL / JLU, and Batman Beyond (an all-time favorite) is enough to potentially hook me.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    What do you think?

My brother and I are thinking of splitting a subscription, and I'm tempted. The upcoming originals (especially YOUNG JUSTICE) are cool, but the instant access to Batman TAS, Superman TAS (very underrated imo), JL / JLU, and Batman Beyond (an all-time favorite) is enough to potentially hook me.
    Since I’m a dc nerd I got it because of the content. I think this is a soft launch since some of the stuff they said will be st launch isn’t there ( Batman movies).

Also, slot of the animated movies, old comics, and I finally can binge watch Lois and Clark seems like a win to me. I cant judge on the new shows as none of us has seen it.

The new shows will be weekly and not posted all at once.

I say wait till the 15th when it fully launches, get a free trial and try it out.

Also, the Batman animated series is in he and three seasons instead of the reporter two.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    My interpretation...

He'll now be mo-capping Krypto.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I like the guy playing Robin so it sucks that he's in this as Robin.

Also why is it that he's the only one in "costume"? Everyone else just looks like they stopped by for drinks or a night out.
    Last edited by allegate; 09-14-2018 at 10:26 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I love the current trend of studios releasing "first look" pictures and it's the actors in normal clothes doing absolutely nothing