Thread: Worlds of DC Thread

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    leggo my leto!

sorrynotsorrybutkindaam

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    "video game level good" sounds worrisome. But then I checked out at the PS3 generation and have only mildly kept up since. maybe it's gotten better and I'm just chicken little.
    I second the Arkham games. Arkham Knight, especially gets super detailed with costumes. The new Spider-Man games are a good example, too, which seem to take inspiration from the Arkham games in terms of gameplay.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    And why can't Leto let go of this role?
    Money. And what he believes to be a shot at redemption after his take on the Joker was almost universally panned by critics and audiences alike. I have pretty much zero hope that it'll be any better than it was in Suicide Squad.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I get the graphics side of the argument but that only goes so far when you recall that Jared Leto is a real person and this is (ostensibly) live-action so the only thing left is the writing. Last I checked this isn't an Amy Henning joint but instead *checks notes* Zack Snyder and Chris Terrio. Which, sure, he had a hand in Argo but then went on to BvS and Rise of Skywalker.

like, that's all well and good but the replies...lol
    Last edited by allegate; 11-17-2020 at 01:21 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Worlds of DC Thread

I personally enjoyed BvS (although, I maintain that the Ultimate Cut is the definitive version as it ties together a lot of the loose ends that Warner Brothers decided to cut from the theatrical version). I've read that there is only five minutes worth of additional footage for Justice League, so who knows... maybe this won't make a difference. I'm still interested in giving it a shot, though, because I wasn't fond of how the movie turned out.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wight rabbit View Post
    I've read that there is only five minutes worth of additional footage for Justice League, so who knows... maybe this won't make a difference. I'm still interested in giving it a shot, though, because I wasn't fond of how the movie turned out.
    Regarding the "maybe 4/5 minutes of additional footage," he was referring to brand new footage that was shot this year after they announced the Snyder Cut would be released on HBO. There's still likely a lot of footage that he had originally shot that wound up on the cutting room floor when Joss Whedon took over directing duties in the wake of Zack's family tragedy.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    That's a good point!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    He claims to be using 0% of the Joss Whedon re-shoot footage, which fortunately means no more CGI'd Henry Cavill upper lip. For the record, I didn't hate BvS either, but I also didn't love it; it was mostly just okay. Justice League was a little better, but still kind of a CGI mess and Steppenwolf sucked as a villain. I'll check the Snyder Cut out when it's released, but I can't imagine it'll make a world of difference. We shall see...
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 11-17-2020 at 04:29 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    lol, whoops!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I get the graphics side of the argument but that only goes so far when you recall that Jared Leto is a real person and this is (ostensibly) live-action so the only thing left is the writing. Last I checked this isn't an Amy Henning joint but instead *checks notes* Zack Snyder and Chris Terrio. Which, sure, he had a hand in Argo but then went on to BvS and Rise of Skywalker.

like, that's all well and good but the replies...lol
    favorite thing I saw was a pic of Sonic getting dinged and bouncing off Steppenwolf's sharp pointiness, and with Sonic rings falling everywhere as a result.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    In this IGN article, Zack Snyder says that the Snyder Cut of Justice League "it is probably a solid two-and-a-half hours of unseen footage in this movie, I would imagine."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm excited that Wonder Woman 1984 is going to be on HBO Max on Christmas Day. But how in the fuck has HBO Max been out for six months and doesn't have 4K HDR yet? It would definitely make the viewing experience much more enjoyable.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I'm excited too bc that movie looks like it has a very high chance of being utter shit so I'm glad I don't have to spend anything extra to judge for myself. And for the record I liked the first one (except for that final fight scene....ooooofah) and would love to be wrong about 1984.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    GREAT episode. The chase scenes & the dogfights (so much nostalgia rushes in for me just hearing certain Star Wars sounds...its so fun), the comedy, and the two major bits of info dropped that tie into MUCH bigger things. This show man...
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I'm excited too bc that movie looks like it has a very high chance of being utter shit so I'm glad I don't have to spend anything extra to judge for myself. And for the record I liked the first one (except for that final fight scene....ooooofah) and would love to be wrong about 1984.
    My thoughts exactly on both counts. Theyre absolutely NAILING the sound design on Mandalorian. That chase scene with the TIE fighters was perfection. Made me wish they'd make a Mandalorian movie with a bigger story and larger scope (but not insanely big like TROS).

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ldeaf2 View Post
    I'm excited that Wonder Woman 1984 is going to be on HBO Max on Christmas Day. But how in the fuck has HBO Max been out for six months and doesn't have 4K HDR yet? It would definitely make the viewing experience much more enjoyable.
    HBO really has half assed the launch of HBO Max. It literally only just arrived on Amazon Fire devices. Since I already pay $15 per month for HBO as a Prime channel, Max is included. The HBO app updated to the Max app. Also the Max original lineup is a tad lacking at the moment. And the no 4K thing is just stupid. It would even be nice to just see some of the older HBO series in 4K. I would love to watch Carnivále in 4K.
    Last edited by neorev; 11-22-2020 at 03:19 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    HBO really has half assed the launch of HBO Max. It literally only just arrived on Amazon Fire devices. Since I already pay $15 per month for HBO as a Prime channel, Max is included. The HBO app updated to the Max app. Also the Max original lineup is a tad lacking at the moment. And the no 4K thing is just stupid. It would even be nice to just see some of the older HBO series in 4K. I would love to watch Carnivále in 4K.
    was carnivale filmed (and its vfx rendered) in such a way that it could even be presented in 4K? if so, that'd be AMAZING. but given that they didn't even want to cough up the money for a third season, i doubt they'd be willing to invest in what it would take to prepare it as such.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    was carnivale filmed (and its vfx rendered) in such a way that it could even be presented in 4K? if so, that'd be AMAZING. but given that they didn't even want to cough up the money for a third season, i doubt they'd be willing to invest in what it would take to prepare it as such.
    I'm not sure. It looks great in 1080p. It only got a DVD release, so streaming is the only way to watch it in 1080p.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    WW84 was a steaming pile of garbage

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I liked the first 1/3 of the film and that was it. Hated the Max Lord bit, and I don't care for Kristen Wig to begin with.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I wasn't thrilled. WW84 was a very disappointing and dull movie, overstayed it's welcome and lacked any interesting villains. Boring premise.

Certainly not wasting my time watching that again.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    The wishing rock looks like a rabbit vibrator.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    The wishing rock looks like a rabbit vibrator.
    Oh thank God I'm not the only one who thought that watching the movie. For real. I was sitting there like, "Ummm, errrr, ehhh, guys, that looks like a vibrator." I mean, it literally looks like a vibrator for working the inside and the Little C.

The worst part is, when you're like, "Hey, that's a vibrator," go back and watch how Max Lord reveals he has the dreamstone in his office. Looks like he pulls it out from beh... well, just watch it.

The dreamstone, if you make a wish, get ready to fuck yourself.
    Last edited by neorev; 12-26-2020 at 12:09 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Ugh... I want this time back. The first hour had be going a little bit, but then it falls off a cliff and becomes a complete mess. Unintentionally funny, THOSE ROCKS, Wiig is completely out of place, wayy too long, and Pedro Pascal is wasted here.

Can't say I was expecting all that much since I found the first movie to be just... Ok and severely overrated. What a mess. Plus, there seems to already be a coalition defending this heap.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 12-26-2020 at 12:55 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    This movie is proof that comic book fans will literally eat up any garbage regurgitated at them. I've done nothing but watch movies and TV during this pandemic and can easily say this was one of the worst movie I've watched this year.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    For a movie that was originally supposed to be released a year ago (December 13, 2019), the effects sure look like they didn't get any extra work done in the intervening year. Wow. The bosses in WB/AT&T/DC saw a cut of this film and said "yup, that's a wrap!" instead of using that extra time effectively? wow.

The Lynda Carter scene was very nice and I'm glad it was there.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    For a movie that was originally supposed to be released a year ago (December 13, 2019), the effects sure look like they didn't get any extra work done in the intervening year. Wow. The bosses in WB/AT&T/DC saw a cut of this film and said "yup, that's a wrap!" instead of using that extra time effectively? wow.

The Lynda Carter scene was very nice and I'm glad it was there.
    There's a whole scene towards the beginning of it where they just didn't bother to CGI the green screen reflection off of Kristen Wiig's glasses. For like three whole minutes.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    "...this weird gemstone dildo thing..."
    Last edited by neorev; 12-29-2020 at 08:50 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I thought Man of Steel was just ok, although mildly boring, Batman v Superman was bad, Suicide Squad was terible, and I liked Wonder Woman quite a bit (didn't even bother with Justice League, Aquaman, Shazam! and Birds of Prey after the bad experiences with BvS and Suicide Squad), so I went to see WW84 based on my feelings towards WW (the only DC Universe film I enjoyed) and I left disappointed. Just echoing what everyone else has said here. That opening sequence of that weird obstacle race was BAD.