Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Worlds of DC Thread

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    So, having slept over this for a few days I have to say that I really would like to see it again. Has to be a cheaper screening though but I think I'll do it later this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post
    Did you see this, or are you just making assumptions?

I buy Rosie far more than Sofia in that role. Sofia hasn't proven to me that she can portray a character like Renee.
    You are actually right. Just looked the character up and she's indeed not too far away from the comics. I was only thinking about the BTAS portrayal of Montoya and always have Sofia in mind. But she's a terrible actress, I know...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I really don't understand the whole BOP being a 'woke' 'feminist' movie...it really isn't! It's just (largely) about a female anti-hero character...the most popular and well received character from the film EVERYONE seemed to hate, but given her a movie with the Birds of Prey isn't what people want? The fuck DO they want then, a captain boomerang movie?! Slipknot's origin movie?! Another Jared Joker movie?! It's a fun action comic-book movie, the only politics are that they are women.
    The fact almost all of us on here were ready to hate this after the trailers but we almost universally enjoyed it speaks volumes, it's a fun time.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Word circulating online that the sequel Wonder Woman 84 is going to be sent straight to digital. Different times...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Word circulating online that the sequel Wonder Woman 84 is going to be sent straight to digital. Different times...
    Update: WB says it's not happening. Will still have theatrical release.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Update: WB says it's not happening. Will still have theatrical release.
    Now bumped to August 14.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Finally watched "Birds of Prey"... it's okay. The acting was fine and I liked how Robbie and McGregor were going grandiose for it... Tonally, ehhh, that's where I have some issues with it. I'm good with about 4/5's of the story and the way it unfolds but sometimes it just seemed like "hey! this will look great!" regardless of tone of the rest of it. The CGI backgrounds were also a bit too noticeable (some looked cool I admit but with the way the actors were interacting within them took away some of the magic). The fight scenes were mostly good as well... but some of the actions were a bit too co-operative, if you know what I mean. Maybe if they had used the Batman TV "ka-pow!" and "pop!" over the "finishing" of some of them (which would have fit thematically within the movie, I think) then it might not bug me so much. It would have been nice to have Black Canary to hesitate on using her voice prior to it's big usage, that would have been more effective as a "holy shit!" moment...

The anti-women motif in the villainy was alright and something you don't usually don't see outside of horror movies...

I liked it a little less than "Shazam!" and again, I don't need to add it my physical media collection.
    Last edited by MrLobster; 04-07-2020 at 08:54 PM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Finally watched "Birds of Prey"... it's okay.

I don't need to add it my physical media collection.
    Yeah, I'll probably end up canceling my preorder since the listings were changed and there's no exclusive 4K editions. The wife and I watched the digital version last night, and we didn't see any reason why we needed to own a physical copy.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    JJ Abrams officially heading a Justice League Dark series for HBO Max.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    If they don't cast as Matt Ryan as Constantine then it's officially a failed project right off the bat.

I was actually starting to come around on the idea because normal people were talking about it but looks like it'll never happen. Though I do wonder at the actors who were posting the hashtags and their involvement in the series moving forward.

EXCLUSIVE: Snyder Cut Is NOT Coming & Warner Bros Will Never Work with Zack Snyder Again

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    But... MoS and BvS were hated on so much it hurt. Weren't they?

Then why do people want to see Snyder's cut so much? They loathed JL hard enough that now Snyder is a misunderstood genius?

I like the movies, I just don't get what's going on. Maybe social distancing is making me dumber?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    But... MoS and BvS were hated on so much it hurt. Weren't they?

Then why do people want to see Snyder's cut so much? They loathed JL hard enough that now Snyder is a misunderstood genius?

I like the movies, I just don't get what's going on. Maybe social distancing is making me dumber?
    Nah, they’re awful movies lol. You’re good.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I maintain that the Ultimate Edition of BvS is the definitive version. I believe Warner Brothers is to blame for the theatrical version doing so poorly. They complained, if I recall correctly, that the film was too long and a lot of things got cut, namely scenes that answered a lot of questions critics had. Seriously, if you haven't seen that version, give it a chance. It ties a lot of things together.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    That's right for BvS! The ultimate cut makes it enjoyable despite it's obvious flaws. But Justice League is a mess beyond measure and I don't see how this movie could be saved instead of a different script and shot very diffently. It might be true that Zack's original vision might have been superior (planned as a two-piece, more build-up, Darkseid etc.) but I don't believe a different cut of what has been shot can compensate for the damage done. It's a shame since I think that Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman, and physically at lest Aquaman, are cast perfectly! I would have LOVED to see a proper Affleck handled Batman flick as a one-shot.

It'd be interesting to see said workprint though, but in the end... this movie was is just a mess apart from one or two decent scenes.

Our buddy Conan here made some good points back when I voiced concerns, yet I still don't think that there is something truly neat hidden in somebody's vault. I would love for Zack way more to finally lay this to rest and get going on some new project as I still like his style and I'd be eager to see a small not so overblown 90 minute actionfantasy piece from him.
    Last edited by dlb; 04-18-2020 at 01:45 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Is this source reputable? That article is sensationalist clickbaity propaganda.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Justice League is on. Why am I watching it, WHY?

*little voice in my head: Gal Gadot, Ezra Miller, Jeremy Irons, Jason Momoa*

Shut up, voice; I am NOT watching it. Oh wait, it's the part where Bruce go get Arthur. I love this part!

DAMN IT.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Really enjoying that animated Harley Quinn series...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Really enjoying that animated Harley Quinn series...
    I'm loving the second season so much better too. I was surprised they were releasing it so quickly after the first season, but at least to me it's a huge step up (and I really enjoyed the first season.)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Huh? She was great in the series. I thought the beginning of the season was very meh but I stuck with it and the series kept getting better and better. And the season finale was fantastic!

I'm vexed, people.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Zack Snyder's Justice League.

HBO Max.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I could absolutely not fucking care any less. Give Henry Cavill his goddamn solo Superman movie already that has hope and butterflies in it. And red underwear.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I'm really excited for that cut to also be indefensible and boring

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I want my The Flash movie!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    The only way I will watch this is when they give me more Batfleck and less schmalz!

Still curious where the new Wonder Woman movie is going once it's released...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Word on the ol’ interwebs is that Henry Cavill is in talks to portray Superman again.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Word on the ol’ interwebs is that Henry Cavill is in talks to portray Superman again.
    Fantastic. Because he was not the problem, Snyder was.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I love that this has basically created a large number of new fan campaigns to re-edit horrible movies or to make sequels to horrible movies. Hilariously, a lot of them are DC movies.

Slightly more seriously, I think it's pretty hostile for the industry to turn on editors in this way, especially editors for these movies who are working with more constraints than usual. Editing did not fuck these movies up

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    handing the final edit of Suicide Squad to a company that is known for editing trailers kind of goes against that argument.

and I hate you for getting me to defend one of these things. ugh. you're right of course that this is setting a bad precedent for fan campaigns.