31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    pretty cool promo art too.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Calling him a "superhero" is specious at best. Sounds like they might be skewing him toward good much more than the character is typically portrayed. Too early to really say that I guess. We'll see.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Worlds of DC Thread

I’m hoping he does the anti hero stuff for his solo movie that leads him to be a villain for Shazam.

And I also hope he takes this role serious and not “Rock” it in.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just finished watching Shazam.

It reminded me of the 1960s Disney live action movies...

Did I laugh and chuckle while watching? Sure. Was it good... uhm... so... a Black Adam movie, huh... I'll watch that as a 99˘ rental as well.

And good for DC making a Disney movie. :P
    Last edited by MrLobster; 11-16-2019 at 10:56 PM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    So voices for the Synder cut of Justice League have become louder and louder with Ben Affleck and Gal Gadot chiming in these days. Honstely, does anyone truly believe that this cut will give us a totally different movie?

The script is there and it's bad. Color-grading, re-shoots, CGI trickery and what not happened, but no fan-edit has ever elevated a bad movie to be a great one. Has that actually ever happened? You can trim some fat, you can add more flesh, but I have no idea what people believe to be still in some vault... the demand is there and I'm quite sure that if the executives saw any kind of money-pressing director's cut lying somewhere, they would have released it in some form.

Color me pessimistic, but I cannot believe that there is much to be seen that we haven't already.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I dunno. Look at the mess that was theatrical BvS vs. the mind- and butt-numbing home release. At least the home version made a little more sense even if it was terribly long.

I'm not advocating for it, but the descriptions I've heard of it from various places who would know these things make me think it's maybe better. And just like BvS it's not a lot better, just better than what we got.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    So voices for the Synder cut of Justice League have become louder and louder with Ben Affleck and Gal Gadot chiming in these days. Honstely, does anyone truly believe that this cut will give us a totally different movie?

The script is there and it's bad. Color-grading, re-shoots, CGI trickery and what not happened, but no fan-edit has ever elevated a bad movie to be a great one. Has that actually ever happened? You can trim some fat, you can add more flesh, but I have no idea what people believe to be still in some vault... the demand is there and I'm quite sure that if the executives saw any kind of money-pressing director's cut lying somewhere, they would have released it in some form.

Color me pessimistic, but I cannot believe that there is much to be seen that we haven't already.
    It exists. Jason Mamoa saw it.

Snyder has been releasing stills, Darkseid and Desaad were in it ( the dialoge with Steppenwolf talking about no protectors here and what not is apparently him reporting to desaad) . Martian Manhunter was supposed to be a revelation. The script was vastly different. The movie was to be more about Cyborg than anything.
    You also have all the leaked FX scenes.

Just go to the DC Cinematic subreddit and just look at all the has been revealed. Totally different movie exists.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Really? So far I've only seen unfinished FX scenes that don't necessarily add much like the rescue of Iris West and a couple of really short clips that didn't make the cut. And of course I've seen the storyboard stuff Zack Snyder keeps sharing, but please, feel free to point me in the right direction. I still don't believe there is a whole finished and vastly different movie lying around. Different script, some stoyboards with Darkseid, a few new scenes? Yes, I've seen that, yet I highly doubt that there is something truly amazing lying in some vault as much as I would like to believe it.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Really? So far I've only seen unfinished FX scenes that don't necessarily add much like the rescue of Iris West and a couple of really short clips that didn't make the cut. And of course I've seen the storyboard stuff Zack Snyder keeps sharing, but please, feel free to point me in the right direction. I still don't believe there is a whole finished and vastly different movie lying around. Different script, some stoyboards with Darkseid, a few new scenes? Yes, I've seen that, yet I highly doubt that there is something truly amazing lying in some vault as much as I would like to believe it.
    https://imgur.com/a/VanyaM7

here are photos that are shared by Zack from his Vero account. Yes, there are some pre viz but there are also alot of finsihed stuff in here. Like Diana going to the tomb and seeing the story of Darkseid in the tomb, steppenwolf coming for the motherbox that Silas Stone is protecting, which is believe to mean that steppenwolf kills Stone.

The whole star labs scenario is completely different than what was show in theaters. The actor who plays the old school Jimmy Olson has come out and said that he was part of that whole Heroes park fight where superman was resurrected, also different shots from that are also in the trailers.

Now here is some funny stuff, alot of the behind the scenes footage that came with the home release, shows scenes being filmed, not in the cut. Like them looking up at something. Well, Mamoa has put out a photo of him stabbing steppenwolf from behind. Jay Olivia, who has worked on the film, said it was a 1,2,3 punch from aquaman, superman, and wonder woman finishing him off by decapitating him. Steppenwolf's head rolls into the boom tube and to the feet of darkseid. When you look at the picture that mamoa released, you see a boom tube in the background so that confirms what has been leaked/shown.

IF Blade Runner can have 5 cuts, and Superman 2 has a different cut, im pretty sure this movie has its original cut in Snyders hands. Its just up to WB to release it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    John Turturro is Carmine Falcone in The Batman.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Great casting.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Unsurprisingly, Snyder confirmed the existence of the 'Snyder Cut', clocking in at an insane THREE HOURS AND THIRTY FOUR MINUTES. I am still 100% baffled as to why anyone on the planet would want a longer version of a garbage movie. Haven't we been through enough?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Unsurprisingly, Snyder confirmed the existence of the 'Snyder Cut', clocking in at an insane THREE HOURS AND THIRTY FOUR MINUTES. I am still 100% baffled as to why anyone on the planet would want a longer version of a garbage movie. Haven't we been through enough?
    Its a different movie. What we got in the theaters was 90% rewrites and reshoots.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'd give the Snider Cut a chance and at least watch it once if it ever sees the light of day. If it does eventually see a release in some form, I sure hope they put more work into making Henry Cavil's upper lip/mouth area look better and more realistic. There are some things it won't be able to improve on, though (e.g. the weird take on Lex Luthor and the generic and uninspired Cyborg).
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 12-06-2019 at 05:54 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Well, the OG cut wouldn't have the problem with the mustache since that was all filmed prior to him leaving for MI.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Well, the OG cut wouldn't have the problem with the mustache since that was all filmed prior to him leaving for MI.
    True, BUT I assume that (much like the Richard Donner version of Superman II) he'll be forced to use at least SOME of the footage shot by Joss Whedon after his departure.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    True, BUT I assume that (much like the Richard Donner version of Superman II) he'll be forced to use at least SOME of the footage shot by Joss Whedon after his departure.
    Not necessarily, we still don’t know how the original events of Luthor and Deathstroke go in the snyder cut. But the legion of doom stuff he talks about are Whedon reshoots I believe.

You can tell Whats reshoot footage and what’s snyder footage in the movie.

Obvious is Cavill’s upper lip

Ben’s face gets bloated and then back to normal

Ezra millers haircut

Ratio differences

Hangar conversation scene( Gal Gadot I believe gave birth to her child it was ready to pop when they filmed that. If you look closely, they aren’t even in the same room)

Couple of mamoa shots you can tell a difference.

The whole third act

I fell out of love with the movie as the honeymoon phase wore off( same happened to me with endgame) but there are still some parts I dig. Very few though

I’m not going to say off the bat that the original film for justice league is better since I haven’t seen it and claiming such is nonsense, but it can’t be worse than the poorly put together Frankenstein we got in theaters.

I’m all for the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut, but I try not to interact with them since a lot of them are creepy and down right act like bullies. Especially towards actors that don’t follow their agenda.

I think this cut is finished. Zack Snyder himself has said multiple times it’s finished, people still refuse to believe him. I think it’s coming, an untitled dc film is slated to release May 2020, and since that makes it Easter, it goes with the whole Christ influence snyder has given Superman in his films (also posting a pic of a unfinished shot of Superman being held by doomsday, not from BvS, with the tag line, “ He has yet to rise.”

Its all really interesting and hoping for the best.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I don't know guys. I'm so madly in love with Gal Gadot that I can't seem to be able to form an unbiased opinion.

And I got serious flashbacks from Thor Ragnarok and it left me a bit uneasy.

That Cheetah, though.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    I don't know guys. I'm so madly in love with Gal Gadot that I can't seem to be able to form an unbiased opinion.

And I got serious flashbacks from Thor Ragnarok and it left me a bit uneasy.

That Cheetah, though.
    Hopefully it doesn’t turn Diana into an idiot like they did to thor.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    This reeks of cheese. The only redeeming quality I got out of this was her riding the lightning. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the 80's and the vibe, but it has literally been done to death. Does this take place in the comics in this era as well? I'm not completely familiar with WW from the comic days

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I will watch it but it kinda seemed that the trailer was too long, giving away the highlights... but I guess the question is whether or not it'll just be another DC movie, or will it stand out a bit like the WW movie or Shazam?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I quite like the WW84 trailer, the CG actually looks good in this one (that was my only real issue with WW, the CG heavy ending was just...not good) But is it just me or is every film with an 80's setting using Blue Monday in it's trailer? It's a great song, but there are so many other iconic songs from the 80's, mix it up!

As for Black Adam i'm optimistic. Johnson has loads of charm and charisma that help make his otherwise dull films watchable, so if they can catch the magic of Shazam, personally my fav DC film for the last few years, it could be another winner!

And the Snyder Cut of JL...i'll pass. BvS was a slog for me and i just have no motivation to re-watch a different cut of a film i really did not enjoy.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I really love the first Wonder Woman, but by the final battle it got a little iffy. I hope this one doesn't suffer the same thing.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)