Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Fantastic Beasts... ( Harry Potter prequels)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Fantastic Beasts... ( Harry Potter prequels)

FANTASTIC BEASTS...

THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD
    (COMIC CON TRAILER)

Last edited by neorev; 07-21-2018 at 03:17 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Not that the last one was bad, I enjoyed it, but I'm more intrigued by this upcoming one, I think. The tone looks a bit darker and the set pieces seem really interesting.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I for one am still angry that Depp is in this movie. I'll probably end up watching, but it's definitely going to be a library borrow for me. Asshole isn't getting one cent from me.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    If you ignored every movie that had someone involved who was an asshole in some form, you wouldn't be watching anything anytime soon. Everything you do supports an asshole somewhere in the world.

P.S. Hope you ain't a Rick & Morty fan. We have another far right career assassination target from Trump supporters.
    Last edited by neorev; 07-24-2018 at 03:03 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I for one am still angry that Depp is in this movie. I'll probably end up watching, but it's definitely going to be a library borrow for me. Asshole isn't getting one cent from me.
    I'm just sick of him period. He's like Tom Cruise. 2 aging dinosaurs who no longer care in doing anything new but rather do the same shit over and over and over again. Fuck them both.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I'm just sick of him period. He's like Tom Cruise. 2 aging dinosaurs who no longer care in doing anything new but rather do the same shit over and over and over again. Fuck them both.
    Man, you must hate Morgan Freeman, Keanu Reeves, Anthony Hopkins, Bruce Willis, Samuel L. Jackson (and too many more to list) then. Not really a Tom Cruise fan, but I quite liked him in American Made.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Man, you must hate Morgan Freeman, Keanu Reeves, Anthony Hopkins, Bruce Willis, Samuel L. Jackson (and too many more to list) then. Not really a Tom Cruise fan, but I quite liked him in American Made.
    No, just those 2 right now. Everyone else I'm cool with. Besides, why do I want to see some asshole who is part of a cult jump off planes and buildings just to prove that he's fearless? The last thing I enjoyed Cruise in was Edge of Tomorrow only because he dies a bunch of times in that film.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    No, just those 2 right now. Everyone else I'm cool with. Besides, why do I want to see some asshole who is part of a cult jump off planes and buildings just to prove that he's fearless? The last thing I enjoyed Cruise in was Edge of Tomorrow only because he dies a bunch of times in that film.
    But you listen to Beck?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    But you listen to Beck?
    So? I never saw nor heard Beck say anything about Scientology. Plus, I never saw him jump off a couch like an asshole.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So? I never saw nor heard Beck say anything about Scientology. Plus, I never saw him jump off a couch like an asshole.
    But Beck has spoken publicly on Scientology. Just interested in where you draw the line when someone is part of a whacky religion. Beck = cool, Tom Cruise = asshole, gotcha.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    But Beck has spoken publicly on Scientology. Just interested in where you draw the line when someone is part of a whacky religion. Beck = cool, Tom Cruise = asshole, gotcha.
    That's no problem. Plus, I'm still upset that Cruise came to the premiere of Batman Begins and basically stole Christian Bale's moment to be revered.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Celebrities can be in whatever cult or organized religion they want; I don't care. However, I too despise Tom Cruise as a person and it's because of the comments he has made in the past about mental illness and post partum syndrome. He can believe they are not real all he wants but he has no right to place judgment on those who do. It's not the fact that he is a follower of Scientology; it's the fact that he tried to impose his beliefs on others. That will never sit well with me, no matter where those beliefs come from.

Back on track: despite the fact that Depp is getting on my nerves, I'm looking forward to his. I really enjoy Newt and his merry band in the first movie and Ezra Miller is back and I will watch everything he is in.

I don't feel Law as Dumbledore, though.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    This looks awesome!

Final trailer