Thread: With Teeth Camera

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

With Teeth Camera

I figure someone here might get a kick out of this. I was working at a camera store for a few years and whenever anyone had a broken camera it usually ended up in my hands. I had a tendency to put more effort into fixing cameras than my counterparts at the time. Anyways, someone came in with a camera which was absolutely destroyed for their purposes, but I have gotten a ridiculous amount of joy out of. The sensor on the camera must be damaged in such a way that the resulting pictures look like something from the With Teeth Era on acid. It's a gigantic pain in the ass to get to work sometimes, usually requiring restarting, putting pressure in just the right spots, and removing the battery before it breaks even more, but I think it's worth it. After shooting these photos they usually look mostly purple with a few lines of color randomly appearing, later I edit them to change the color, possibly crop them a bit. No other editing is done besides that. Created a section on my website dedicated to it.
    Last edited by ThinkIcouldburn; 01-04-2022 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Fixed link

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkIcouldburn View Post
    I figure someone here might get a kick out of this. I was working at a camera store for a few years and whenever anyone had a broken camera it usually ended up in my hands. I had a tendency to put more effort into fixing cameras than my counterparts at the time. Anyways, someone came in with a camera which was absolutely destroyed for their purposes, but I have gotten a ridiculous amount of joy out of. The sensor on the camera must be damaged in such a way that the resulting pictures look like something from the With Teeth Era on acid. It's a gigantic pain in the ass to get to work sometimes, usually requiring restarting, putting pressure in just the right spots, and removing the battery before it breaks even more, but I think it's worth it. After shooting these photos they usually look mostly purple with a few lines of color randomly appearing, later I edit them to change the color, possibly crop them a bit. No other editing is done besides that. Created a section on my website dedicated to it.
    holy shit, these are fantastic.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    holy shit, these are fantastic.
    This.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thank you both!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    That's absolutely beautiful. I'd love to wear some of these printed on t-shirts.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I love these, great work.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    WOW
    Absolutely love these!
    Amazing work!
    I actually produce music under a couple of different names and would love to work with you one day.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    would love to work with you one day.
    Just let me know!

Thanks everyone for checking them out.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Yeah. Confirmed, dope af.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Damn this is good

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ah the inherent beauty in decay, brilliant stuff! I love it, completely changes the sense of perspective and scale.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I always feel really shitty doing this, but I'm taking part in two shows coming up over the next few weeks and am trying to raise some funds, so I'm doing a print sale if anyone might be interested. These were taken with that camera and should look super awesome on printed on metallic paper. Purchase or just let me know what you think. Thank you either way for both your support and feedback. Any reaction at all means more than you know to me.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Don't ever feel shitty about declaring that your work has value.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just wanted to extend an invitation, I'll be showing a bunch of stuff this Sunday at Art in the Park in Piermont, NY. Should anyone be in the area, come say hi! I'll be showing a bunch of random stuff, including these for the first time.
    Last edited by ThinkIcouldburn; 09-12-2018 at 03:59 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Created a new process utilizing this camera. Loving the results. Feel free to check out the website for more.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    photos are down?

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    photos are down?
    https://alfred-hess.com/brokencamera

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks, I renamed the page without thinking. Also thanks for looking! Here's my latest that I'm currently feeling proud of....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just adding some photo related stuff that I think people in here might enjoy. I was given Covid for Christmas and spent a bit of my time shooting photos on ink in water and of course putting some of my own spin on it by inverting and playing with the colors until I like them.