Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1483

Thread: Gary Numan

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Gary's new Patreon service for the "Ghost Nation" fan subscription is now live.
    Dang, the first tier is already at its limit. Managed to get Shadow membership.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Wow, he did “Stories” (first time since 1980) and “Voix” (first time since 2004) last night!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Gary just put up the first video for Patreon people, featuring soundcheck footage of Me! I Disconnect From You (partial), a bit of M.E., The Promise (full) and Jo The Waiter with Gary on acoustic guitar.

Also behind the scenes clips of home life and random other stuff with Raven. Really funny, some of it!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Gary just put up the first video for Patreon people, featuring soundcheck footage of Me! I Disconnect From You (partial), a bit of M.E., The Promise (full) and Jo The Waiter with Gary on acoustic guitar.

Also behind the scenes clips of home life and random other stuff with Raven. Really funny, some of it!
    Dang... Once I get a nice job, I'll need to get in on that $50 tier (as long as there are some spots open.)

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by REPLICA View Post
    Dang... Once I get a nice job, I'll need to get in on that $50 tier (as long as there are some spots open.)
    This video was made available to all tiers. Which was super nice since I could only do Pure myself. :-)

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Gary is getting slaughtered on fb for his patreon project..It got to the point he had to put out a post addressing it.....It obviously is a total cash grab but if he can find suckers willing to drop 50 bucks a month to watch 10 minute videos of him jerking off in the studio, or to get an email from him which will most likely be sent by his assistant, then whatever. Judging by his pics he posts of his home and vehicles and his constant travels to exotic locales all over the world, Gary has a very lavish lifestyle to support...But this is totally blowing up in his face because a lot of his fans seem to be turning on him and it makes him look like he is just greedy and sucking off money from fans (the gullible ones)...According to the patreon website, he has 245 "patrons"...So thats 245 people out of hundreds of thousands of fans who bought into this....When all is said and done, this might go down with the Corey Feldman go fund me scam from last year as one of the more colossal online "give me money" failures...
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell); 10-19-2019 at 04:40 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Urgh. I just took a peek. Neither side come out looking good. FB really is a cess pit

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Gary is getting slaughtered on fb for his patreon project..It got to the point he had to put out a post addressing it.....It obviously is a total cash grab but if he can find suckers willing to drop 50 bucks a month to watch 10 minute videos of him jerking off in the studio, or to get an email from him which will most likely be sent by his assistant, and the fact there are people who are stupid enough that they are willing to pay money and pre order an album that he hasn't even started writing, then whatever. If you have suckers, take advantage of them. Judging by his pics he posts of his home and vehicles and his constant travels to exotic locales all over the world, Gary has a very lavish lifestyle to support...But this is totally blowing up in his face because a lot of his fans seem to be turning on him and it makes him look like he is just greedy and sucking off money from fans (the gullible ones)...According to the patreon website, he has 245 "patrons"...So thats 245 people out of hundreds of thousands of fans who bought into this....When all is said and done, this might go down with the Corey Feldman go fund me scam from last year as one of the more colossal online "give me money" failures...
    I think you and many others have missed the point of Patreon. It's not a traditional transaction of paying a company money and getting a tangible object, it's a willingness to support an artist and maybe get some cool behind-the-scenes bonuses along the way. Many artists offer absolutely nothing through the service aside from more free content on Youtube, Twitch, or elsewhere.

I supported his new album (not his Patreon, though) because watching a pioneer of electronic music go through the process of building songs sounded pretty fucking cool. The fact that I get a physical album at the end is icing on the cake.

From his videos and the documentary a few years back, Gary seems like a genuine human being. Modest, down-to-earth, and quite uncertain about many things. He had doubts about Patreon, labelling it as an "experiment". If there's an uproar, he will most likely take it down.

It's so fatiguing to live in this incendiary time, where everything has to be hated, everything has to be some outlet for outrage. Somewhere, someone is angry about something. It's boring. Can we, as a race, just stop?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    I think you and many others have missed the point of Patreon. It's not a traditional transaction of paying a company money and getting a tangible object, it's a willingness to support an artist and maybe get some cool behind-the-scenes bonuses along the way. Many artists offer absolutely nothing through the service aside from more free content on Youtube, Twitch, or elsewhere.

I supported his new album (not his Patreon, though) because watching a pioneer of electronic music go through the process of building songs sounded pretty fucking cool. The fact that I get a physical album at the end is icing on the cake.

From his videos and the documentary a few years back, Gary seems like a genuine human being. Modest, down-to-earth, and quite uncertain about many things. He had doubts about Patreon, labelling it as an "experiment". If there's an uproar, he will most likely take it down.

It's so fatiguing to live in this incendiary time, where everything has to be hated, everything has to be some outlet for outrage. Somewhere, someone is angry about something. It's boring. Can we, as a race, just stop?
    I totally agree with you, I supported the last album and this one and thought it was a really cool thing, I have a lot of catching up to do though. I’ve not supported the Patreon though as it’s too expensive, I like too many artists to support them all via monthly sums! But I found even reading the comments on the last albums support thing was too toxic, Facebook would be even worse

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I think he pissed people off when he put up a post basically saying only true fans would support patreon and that everyone else who didn't buy it was just a "casual" fan. Then he follows that up by saying "fuck you" to anyone who has an issue with it lol. I think Gary might wanna have his publicist handle his social media posts from now on....
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell); 10-20-2019 at 12:26 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    How on earth does this guy sound so much like GN?!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    How on earth does this guy sound so much like GN?!
    By having no ideas of his own?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Whatever a "true fan" is, it isn't just those who can splash cash. Either on a patreon or on old sealed records or CDs.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Hey remember that thing someone posted on Facebook two months ago? Yeah, neither do I.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    https://garynuman.tmstor.es/cart/product.php?id=56960

When The Sky Came Down

Deluxe edition casebound 2CD/DVD featuring alternative artwork.

A 3 disc album consisting of 2 audio CDs and concert DVD of Gary’s sold out show with The Skaparis Orchestra at The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester. The setlist includes songs drawn from his highly successful ‘Savage’ album and classic tracks including the No.1 single ‘Are ‘Friends’ Electric?’, with the DVD capturing the full breathtaking concert for fans to relive again. Gary Numan’s music has always had a filmic quality but with The Skaparis Orchestra joining his regular band, that mix of hard electronic and soaring cinematic atmosphere has been truly realised in this spectacular live recording.

DVD Format / Region: DVD9 NTSC Region 0

Screen Format: 16:9

Sound Formats: Dolby Digital Stereo, Dolby Digital 5.1 & DTS 5.1

Running Time: 2 hours approx

Certificate: E

Subtitles: None

Tracklist:

CD1

1 Replicas (Live at The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester)
    2 Ghost Nation (Live at The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester)
    3 Metal (Live at The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester)
    4 Bed of Thorns (Live at The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester)
    5 Films (Live at The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester)
    6 Everything Comes Down to This (Live at The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester)
    7 Pray for the Pain You Serve (Live at The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester)
    8 Down in the Park (Live at The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester)
    9 Broken (Live at The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester)
    10 Splinter (Live at The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester)
    11 Here in the Black (Live at The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester)

CD2

1 My Name Is Ruin (Live at The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester)
    2 Jagged (Live at The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester)
    3 Mercy (Live at The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester)
    4 My Breathing (Live at The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester)
    5 Are 'Friends' Electric? (Live at The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester)
    6 This Wreckage (Live at The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester)
    7 The End of Things (Live at The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester)
    8 A Prayer for the Unborn (Live at The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester)
    9 It Will End Here (Live at The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester)

DVD

Contains the full set performance

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Fuck yeah! Pre-ordered.

PS: Loving the newly-unearthed demos on The Pleasure Principle: First Recordings CDs. Great stuff, and the liner notes offer good insights into what those sessions must have been like.
    Last edited by botley; 12-28-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    This is the background image for the pre-show. Frankly, while I defended him before, I agree it's a bit much. Great show, though.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Some very interesting things mentioned in the latest Patreon update that I’ll bold below:

Hello Everyone,
    Since the last email update we played the last few shows of the UK section of the (R)evolution Tour. It really was an amazing tour. We sold out most of the venues, not all but most. In total we played to 35,000 people which, for me, is really quite something. Surprisingly I enjoyed playing more older songs during the set than I usually play. It was a lesson learned for me and I feel that having a wider range of songs in the future will be a better way to go. As always the main thrust of any tour promoting a new album will be the songs from that new album but, I think that having a broader mix of old and new will make for a better show. We’ll have to see how that works out come the day of course.
    The final two shows at the Roundhouse in London were very special. We added a significant amount of extra production to the show, more lights, bigger video wall, extra stage level, and I was extremely pleased with the way it looked. We did film and record the second of the two shows and that will be shown exclusively to Ghost Nation members in the Dark, Shadow and Ghost tiers as soon as it’s edited and mixed.
    So, I’m settling back into non touring life now. The day we flew back, October 27th, was somewhat strange. On the ride to the airport I was looking around, watching the world go by, and everything felt out of place somehow. You feel just a tiny bit disconnected. It’s actually quite hard to put in to words because it’s a subtle feeling, but it’s definitely there. It’s almost as if you are only 90% visible, that if people looked really hard they’d be able to see through you, as if you’re a ghost in the making. It’s actually more about the way you feel than the way you look but, as I said, it’s hard to put into words.
    Anyway, the flight back to Los Angeles was okay until we got fairly close to home. Then we had about an hour of pretty bad turbulence. Bad enough to make me feel a bit queasy strangely enough which isn’t something that happens to me very often, if ever.
    Getting home is a strange thing. The children are screaming with joy, the dogs go mad and I’m really happy to be there. And yet, everything feels slightly wrong. Just like the ride to the airport. Each day we go about our normal, non-touring, life. We take the kids to school, pick them up, go to the cinema, get a meal, normal things, but I felt out of place. Like I was waiting for something bad to happen.
    But, a few days later the band flew in and we started to get ready for the final show at the Substance Festival in LA. Things seemed normal again. I don’t know what it is, or why, but there is definitely a period of awkward readjustment when you finish a long tour. I was so happy to get back, and yet I had to admit I was pretty down in the dumps for a while.
    The LA show was great. It was inside a beautiful old venue in Downtown LA, called the LA Theatre. Strangely they’d built a small stage on top of the theatre’s own huge stage, and which sat some way behind the PA system. But, no-one seemed to care once the bands started playing. We started playing our set at 10:40 pm so that played havoc with the band’s jet lag. At one point, about an hour before we were due to play, someone took a film of the backstage area and everyone was asleep, including me. So much for sex, drugs and rock n roll. I found it much harder to choose the set for Substance as I’m less confident about what songs the American fans know. Many of my albums weren’t even released in the US so it’s difficult to know what songs might be a pleasant surprise, or a complete dud because no-one knows it. But, it seemed to go well enough on the night.
    The band didn’t fly back to the UK until the Sunday so we were able to take them out on Saturday and give them a tiny taste of life in Los Angeles. Essentially that meant going to Malibu, having a meal, watching the sunset over the ocean and then back to the house, so less of a taste to be honest, more a hint of flavour. Gemma cried when they left on Sunday, but she always does that. She misses our English friends, especially after having been altogether for the previous two months.
    With that final show done and the (R)evolution Tour definitely over I was able to turn my thoughts to other things. One of the problems that comes with being away for so long is that you come home to a long list of things that need attending to. School meetings, house problems, car problems, just a whole load of trivia that needs to be sorted out. At school the kids, or one of them anyway, has arrived at the sex and drugs time of life, or the interest in it I should say. It’s something that I find very frightening and it seems such a dangerous time for them, but in their eyes of course it’s not dangerous at all, just exciting. It’s a very difficult thing to navigate them through and I can only hope that we don’t make any major mistakes, and that they don’t of course. It is a constant 24/7 worry and it’s going to be that way for at least another 7 or 8 years, maybe longer, as all three of them make their way through it. It’s making the time I spend away touring an even bigger concern for me than ever before.
    My Dad and his partner Angie flew in to LA for a visit last week. They will be with us for about a month. I don’t see my Dad very often these days so it’s lovely to have him here for a while.
    We’ve had two animal emergencies. Hubert, Echo’s tortoise, escaped last Thursday and didn’t turn up until this morning (Tuesday Nov 12th). Flake started to make a fuss near a bush and there he was. I’d actually ordered a thermal imaging camera to try and find Hubert as I suspected he’d buried himself somewhere in the garden to hibernate. I was actually slightly disappointed when Flake found him because it robbed me of the chance of being Echo’s hero and finding him with my new gadget
    The other emergency is horrible unfortunately. Pooh, our oldest cat who has been with us for over twenty one years, became ill a few days ago. They’ve found three cancerous tumors in her tummy and say she only has days to live. So, we have to make that horrible decision of when to end it. I dread moments like this. At the time I’m writing this she is still very much with us but, sadly, the end is not far away. It’s true to say that I’m more of a dog man than cat but Pooh has always been special to me. Saying goodbye to her is going to be particularly sad.
    I have yet to get back into the studio to restart work on the new album, I’m still catching up with everything else, but that will be my only project when I get back from Costa Rica at the end of November.
    I’ve had some amazingly good news regarding the touring plans for the UK leg of the Intruder tour next year (or possibly in 2021). I can’t say what it is just yet as things are still to be confirmed but, it’s something that I’ve been working towards, trying to build back up to, for 38 years. If it happens then it will be a dream come true for me.
    I believe the Ghost Nation section of my online store is now ready. I’m waiting to hear back from Townsend (who look after the Store) to confirm that everything is working as it should. The Ghost Nation section gives members in the Shadow and Ghost tiers a 10% discount on the items in that section of the Store. Once I know for sure that it’s ready I’ll send out the instructions on what you need to do to access it, and how it will work when you do. It’s my intention with the main Store to make it much more than a place to put leftover items from tours which, to be honest, is mainly what it’s been for many years. I would like to design and add things to the Store far more often. Things that have nothing to do with touring and that, hopefully, will make the Store a much more interesting place for fans to visit.
    The orchestral album, ‘When The Sky Came Down’, you probably know will be released on December 13th. Before the album is released the video of the song ‘Pray For The Pain You Serve’ from the concert will be added to YouTube. During the week of release the video of ‘My Name Is Ruin’ from the concert will be added and finally, one week before Christmas, ‘Broken’ will be added, although as the CD/DVD will be out by then it might not matter too much. Announcements about those additions will be made on the GN social media channels when they’re ready.
    I’ve been talking to a writer who I may be working with on a brand new autobiography that I hope will be published next year, around the time the Intruder album is released. This will not be the next volume of the ‘Praying To The Aliens’ book. This will be a brand new book that looks at my life from beginning right up to Intruder. I’ll know about that, whether it’s happening or not, in the coming weeks.
    In a few days I’m off to Costa Rica for a post tour holiday. Although, as Robin Finck from Nine Inch Nails and Wayne Hussey from The Mission are also amongst the friends and family coming with us, there’s a good chance that music will be a big part of the trip.
    Progress on the latest video update and the first Q&A have slipped a little behind schedule but I should have them ready in the next day or two. I also have the first of the Monthly Extra films to upload. This is the first clip of ten filmed at one of the two ‘In Conversation’ events last January. My apologies for them being a little late but I'm working on them in-between trips to the vet with Pooh cat.
    As you may know, the documentary film ‘Watson’ is being shown at certain cinemas and on TV. The film uses my song ‘Broken’ as the opening music in a series of incredible beautiful and emotional scenes. It’s a hugely powerful film that looks at the work of Paul Watson, the founder and driving force behind the Sea Shepherd operation, and it’s a huge honour for me to have my music used in the film. I’m very proud to be involved, albeit in just a small way. If you are able to see the film please do. If you love the sea, and the creatures of the sea, as much as I do, you will find it both horrifying and heart warming.
    Bye,
    Gary Numan.
    PS. The Black and White photos here were taken by Joeri Peeters, the color photos were take by RPRusso Photography.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    his cat lived 21 years??? holy shit. i can't even imagine how hard it would be to lose a companion that had been with me that long :'(

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Just watched the latest 30 min Patreon video - very interesting.

Here’s a question:

Since TR has made Metal his main GN cover, what do you think would be the best NIN song for GN to studio produce and cover from his side?

I’d say The Becoming.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Here’s a question:

Since TR has made Metal his main GN cover, what do you think would be the best NIN song for GN to studio produce and cover from his side?

I’d say The Becoming.
    sanctified
    discipline
    the line begins to blur
    the day the world went away
    the big comedown
    all time low

those are ones i think would sound awesome, just off the top of my head

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I’d say The Becoming.
    ...what about Everything? ,^)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I always thought “I do not want this” thematically matched best with numan’s metalesque songs

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Gary might wanna moderate his fb page because the comments on his page are a dumpster fire. He is getting destroyed over there by the patreon/pledge people who think he is running a scam. I notice hes posting pics in Costa Rica (like his 10th holiday in the last 3 months lmao) meanwhile a bunch of people who paid for his patreon and pledge thing are tripping out at how hes always on vacation and hardly ever updates them.....Gary posting pics on social media for the world to see of his under age 14 year old daughters in bikinis frolicking around in the water is a little creepy crawly as well....Reminds me of when Twiggy used to post similar bikini pics of 14 year old Miley Cyrus on fb with the caption "mmmmmm"......

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Gary might wanna moderate his fb page because the comments on his page are a dumpster fire. He is getting destroyed over there by the patreon/pledge people who think he is running a scam. I notice hes posting pics in Costa Rica (like his 10th holiday in the last 3 months lmao) meanwhile a bunch of people who paid for his patreon and pledge thing are tripping out at how hes always on vacation and hardly ever updates them.....Gary posting pics on social media for the world to see of his under age 14 year old daughters in bikinis frolicking around in the water is a little creepy crawly as well....Reminds me of when Twiggy used to post similar bikini pics of 14 year old Miley Cyrus on fb with the caption "mmmmmm"......
    Facebook is generally a dumpster fire, wherever you go.

Please cut him some slack. The guy's over 60 years old and isn't getting any younger. He just finished his 40th anniversary tour, which I'm sure was exhausting. A break here and there is fine. I'm sure most celebrity musicians, even Trent & co. go on holiday often, although they may not necessarily announce it to the world.

Again, I think you and many others have missed the point of Patreon. It's not a traditional transaction of paying a company money and getting a tangible object, it's a willingness to support an artist and maybe get some cool behind-the-scenes bonuses along the way. Many artists offer absolutely nothing through the service aside from more free content on Youtube, Twitch, or elsewhere.

A proud father taking holiday snaps of his children isn't creepy at all. Sharing them is a little weird, sure, given his fame.

It's a sad world when a man can't take a photo of his daughter without being accused of paedophilia.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Facebook is generally a dumpster fire, wherever you go.

Please cut him some slack. The guy's over 60 years old and isn't getting any younger. He just finished his 40th anniversary tour, which I'm sure was exhausting. A break here and there is fine. I'm sure most celebrity musicians, even Trent & co. go on holiday often, although they may not necessarily announce it to the world.

Again, I think you and many others have missed the point of Patreon. It's not a traditional transaction of paying a company money and getting a tangible object, it's a willingness to support an artist and maybe get some cool behind-the-scenes bonuses along the way. Many artists offer absolutely nothing through the service aside from more free content on Youtube, Twitch, or elsewhere.

A proud father taking holiday snaps of his children isn't creepy at all. Sharing them is a little weird, sure, given his fame.

It's a sad world when a man can't take a photo of his daughter without being accused of paedophilia.

I don't subscribe to patreon or pledge music so Gary can take 10 month vacations to Monte Carlo as far as I am concerned and I don't mind because its his right to do so. I was just pointing out a lot of the subscribers seem to be pissed off about it. I guess he made some statement about how only "real fans" would buy it which seemed to divide a bunch of them

I am not accusing Gary of anything by posting those pics of his kids. I am saying in this day and age with all these creepy mother-fuckers out there, he probably shouldn't be sharing pics to the public of his 14 year old daughters in bikinis......

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I am not accusing Gary of anything by posting those pics of his kids. I am saying in this day and age with all these creepy mother-fuckers out there, he probably shouldn't be sharing pics to the public of his 14 year old daughters in bikinis......
    Fair enough, although you did compare him to an alleged sex offender in your above post.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I am saying in this day and age with all these creepy mother-fuckers out there, we should be focusing our energy on making people more respectful instead of making kids have to dress like pilgrims. If you're going to say you can't so much as post a photo online, you may as well say that you can't dress that way period - otherwise, people can still take photos and share them. And in that case, no point in not posting them yourself. So maybe we nip it in the bud and teach people not to be horrible instead of putting the burden on people who have done nothing wrong.

Please don't take this as an attack, because that is not at all my intention. My concern is that the more we say "women shouldn't do this" and "women shouldn't do that," the more we ignore the actual problem, which is the behavior of others who might be intent on doing them harm. We need to focus on the troublemakers.

Sorry, I know that's way off topic, but this is an issue that is very important to me.

Back on topic: been absolutely hooked on Splinter lately. Never gave it the attention it deserved at release. I'm digging this album.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Fair enough, although you did compare him to an alleged sex offender in your above post.

I wasn't comparing Gary to Twiggy lol. I was making the point that there are dudes like Twiggy out there who will take those pics the wrong way. The point being some dude might look at those pics of Gary's daughters the way Twiggy looked at Hannah Montanas 14 year old bikini selfies.....

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Here’s a question:

I’d say The Becoming.
    Reptile. I can already hear his voice singing it in my head.