Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1481

Thread: Gary Numan

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Side thought, I kinda wish he stuck with the original title of "Resurrection" for DSR and dropped the sub-titles of the last two albums. Then we’d have a straight run of awesome single word titles (yes, I know Dead Moon Falling screws it up, but you get where I’m going):

- Sacrifice
    - Exile
    - Pure
    - Exposure (dat title track!)
    - Hybrid (dat title track again!)
    - Mutate
    - Jagged
    - Resurrection
    - Splinter
    - Savage
    - Intruder

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Fun fact: before “Big Noise Transmission” came out it was being written live on set lists as “Captured Underground Noise Transmission”. I asked Gary at a meet and greet if the shortened version of it was intentional (CUNT), and he laughed and actually hadn’t made the realisation. I could be the reason why the title was shortened. Lol

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Premieres in 24 hours.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Holy moly... that video is awesome!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    He’s really hitting all the nails on the head lately. Love it!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Love the new video. He just keeps getting better and better!

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Yeah, his last 10 years (particularly since Dead Son Rising came out) have been pretty amazing, top to bottom.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    @botley - Have you ever read what the meaning behind the album title “Dance” is about? And why the title track was omitted from the album only to later appear on reissues? Always been fascinated by that album name.

Also:

Last edited by Erneuert; 04-11-2021 at 12:16 PM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    In the liner notes to the 1999 remastered CD, Steve Malins calls the word 'Dance' a recurring metaphor in the lyrics for "closeness and intimacy". I don't know if that was Numan's specific intent, or just how Malins interpreted it, but that seems to fit pretty well. It's one hell of an esoteric album title though, considering how not-danceable most of it is. As to the title track being left off the original running order — who can say? I think Gary just ran out of room for it, and since there was only one single, it never even got to be a B-side. Glad the album was expanded to a double LP recently so I can listen to the whole thing on vinyl.
    Last edited by botley; 04-11-2021 at 01:03 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    In the liner notes to the 1999 remastered CD, Steve Malins calls the word 'Dance' a recurring metaphor in the lyrics for "closeness and intimacy". I don't know if that was Numan's specific intent, or just how Malins interpreted it, but that seems to fit pretty well. It's one hell of an esoteric album title though, considering how not-danceable most of it is. As to the title track being left off the original running order — who can say? I think Gary just ran out of room for it, and since there was only one single, it never even got to be a B-side. Glad the album was expanded to a double LP recently so I can listen to the whole thing on vinyl.
    Yeah, that makes sense. Also taking the lyrics to the title track into consideration with the repeated “and I would die for you” refrain.

Is the extended version of “Moral” from the recent re-release much different from the original version? Or just like an extended intro? I haven’t had time to compare the two.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Good interview with Joe Hubbard about his work with Gary on the Warriors album and the subsequent 1983 UK "comeback" tour:

Not my favourite period of his, but interesting to get some insight from behind the curtain. Funny that Dick Morrissey came on board because of his recommendation, and Gary kept hiring him for all those sax solos for the rest of the 80s...

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    A fascinating interview with Ade Fenton about the new album and his previous collaborations with Numan.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    A fascinating interview with Ade Fenton about the new album and his previous collaborations with Numan.
    So Sacrifice/Exile/Pure is only the beginning...

Interestingly, ‘Jagged’ was one of the last records that Gary mixed himself, as his ears had started to deteriorate by then, so some of the dense feel of the album is partly down to that.
    With that in mind, Gary has decided that he’s going to put out another version of it at some point, which will be mixed by Nathan Boddy and myself. It will be interesting to see how much of a difference it makes working on it again all these years later.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Last of the preview tracks from the Intruder album. Glad we're getting to hear this much of it before May! Will there be more music videos, I wonder?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Last of the preview tracks from the Intruder album. Glad we're getting to hear this much of it before May! Will there be more music videos, I wonder?

I really thought the final track to be released before the album would be "The Gift" as a single with a video, etc.

Having said that, adore "Now And Forever". He’s become so prolific it’s getting scary!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Live streaming event in June:

Hello,

Thank you for purchasing the album 'Intruder' from Gary's Official Store

Gary has just announced that he will be performing a one off, global online concert premiere of his brand new album Intruder on June 17th.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Gary's new memoir is also available now as an audiobook read by him:

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    If any non-UK peeps are trying to use a pre-sale code from album presale/Making Music campaign to buy ticket for the virtual concern and having trouble, be sure you choose the option to pay in GBP/pounds sterling. That is what worked for me. :-)
    Last edited by m0reta; 05-05-2021 at 09:19 AM. Reason: What was this post about?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    My first concert ticket in... years! Online, but still... :-)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Great interview with David Brooks from Gary's band, who's just put out his own (first-ever!) solo album:

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    ^ Yeah, I saw that one, still one interview segment left to premiere tomorrow!

This is probably my favourite interview the two of them have ever done; not just because I love Paul from the SuperDeluxeEdition site, but because their camaraderie shines through.

Gary: Game Of Thrones?
    Ade: I haven’t seen that either. Looks shite.
    Last edited by botley; 05-18-2021 at 02:22 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    ^ Yeah, I saw that one, still one interview segment left to premiere tomorrow!

This is probably my favourite interview the two of them have ever done; not just because I love Paul from the SuperDeluxeEdition site, but because their camaraderie shines through.

Gary: Game Of Thrones?
    Ade: I haven’t seen that either. Looks shite.
    I laughed at the part about country & western... did Ade forget about the Numan Vs. Fenton mix he did of "Melt"?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Here's to hoping this is on par with the last album!

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Listening now...

HOLY SHIT, THE MOTHERFUCKING CHOSEN GOES HARD

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Just put it on now. “Betrayed” reminds me of “And It All Began With You” at the start, love it!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Wonderful album. It was a great idea ending it with the alternate version of The End of Dragons. That said, it kind of feels… incomplete, which is why I’m so glad Intruder II is in the making.

Is this as good as Savage? I can’t really tell yet.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I think Savage was stronger but Intruder holds up. There's three or four tracks I could take or leave. Is This World Not Enough?, The Chosen, Saints and Liars, and I Am Screaming are my favorites so far.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Got my deluxe CD today, thought it was gonna be a5 shape like the Savage deluxe cd, but evidently not. I like this album but its even more of a slow burner than Savage.