Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1481

Thread: Gary Numan

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Is the 1998 version of Voix the only instance where Gary has sampled NIN in his work? You can hear samples of Closer (Precursor) in it, as well as some drum samples from Self Destruction (Final).

Man, those 1998 versions of Down In The Park, Metal and Voix are so underrated.

Answering myself here, but I forgot about the Exile shows in 1997/98 that opened with “Intro (Closer)”. It must’ve started as that opener then he decided to incorporate it into the rehashed Voix.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Gary Numan - Numan or Nine Inch Numan??

This whole channel is soo good for me, e.g. Gig Review London Roundhouse 24&25 October 2019, maybe I'll mention it also in Depeche Mode topic. ;-D

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    According to the latest update the label want the title track Intruder as the first single. The album is due out at the end of October.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    79AFFC37-47FE-4816-87AD-CCC9E1AFB8E0.png
    If anyone is interested, Amazon US now has the preorder for Hybrid. Not too bad of price and should be released on August 14.

EDIT: Sorry about the huge ass pic, didn’t know it’d come off like that.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    ^ Already pre-ordered from Townsend Music, along with last year's reissue of Live in London (At the Shepherds Bush Empire) on vinyl. I don't even like those albums especially much (though there is good stuff on them)... just need to complete the vinyl horde!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I love most of those Hybrid/Mutate reworks and the associated artwork. Another release like that would be more than welcome.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Last time he did anything like Hybrid was Dead Moon Falling, which was eight years ago (also pretty great, not just as a companion album but in its own right). Alessandro! Gazelle Twin! Alec friggin' Empire! Good stuff. Would be great to have that reissued on vinyl.

After the Intruder / Intruder Part Two (working title, but it sounds like they're just going to carry on writing songs as long as live shows are out of the question?) sessions are complete, I wouldn't be surprised if Gary did another remixes / collaborations LP. But we're talking at least a year from now, potentially...
    Last edited by botley; 07-31-2020 at 10:54 AM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Last time he did anything like Hybrid was Dead Moon Falling, which was eight years ago (also pretty great, not just as a companion album but in its own right). Alessandro! Gazelle Twin! Alec friggin' Empire! Good stuff. Would be great to have that reissued on vinyl.

After the Intruder / Intruder Part Two (working title, but it sounds like they're just going to carry on writing songs as long as live shows are out of the question?) sessions are complete, I wouldn't be surprised if Gary did another remixes / collaborations LP. But we're talking at least a year from now, potentially...
    Do you think GN’s fondness for Arabian sounds will continue on non-stop on future records? He seems pretty attached to it. Let’s not forget the tattoo font/language on his arms. It seems like it all started with "Pressure" from Jagged.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Goes back at least to Exile. I am pretty sure we've already heard from the Making Music videos that there will be more Middle Eastern influenced sounds on the new record.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Goes back at least to Exile. I am pretty sure we've already heard from the Making Music videos that there will be more Middle Eastern influenced sounds on the new record.
    I, like Gary, actually adore those Middle Eastern inspired sounds, so I totally welcome more of it. I’m just wondering post-Intruder/s if he will continue to incorporate it beyond that, or change his musical style entirely.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Depends on what Trent does next

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    This sounds cool:

https://www.twitter.com/numanofficial/status/1301890580704755718

While I was in the UK recently I met up with the band for a few days and we filmed and recorded a dozen or so songs, old and new, acoustically. I’ll be editing all that together in the coming week and adding them to the Store.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Interesting.

It'd be nice to have an update on Intruder. It's coming up to two months without news.
    Numan was supposed to be mastering the album while in the UK, but it sounds like he's not quite done with it yet.
    Last edited by botley; 10-13-2020 at 09:42 AM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Pre-ordered. Genuinely excited to read it, I remember enjoying his previous book. I'll also be interested to see whether this arrives before the album. I'm starting to wonder whether the October release date is realistic now.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Anyone going to buy/attend this?

https://www.fane.co.uk/our-shows/uni...about-the-show

I’m happy to announce a live streamed event, in celebration of my book (R)evolution, taking place 19th October with @RoughTrade
    . To attend the online event and get a chance to ask me questions in the Q&A, please find more info here: https://linktr.ee/GaryNuman

>>

To celebrate the release of his new book, (R)evolution.
    In association with Waterstones, the ‘book and ticket’ package includes a unique ticket for the live stream, and a copy of (R)evolution, worth £20.
    The standard ‘ticket’ package consists of a unique ticket for the live stream only. The event will initially be broadcast on 04 November at 18:30 UK time. It will be available to view up to 48 hours after the event has ended.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    As a side note, I'm really curious about the re-imagined Sacrifice/Exile/Pure albums. Particularly after re-listening to "Pray" the other day. I wonder how those opening distorted vocals will sound on the new version?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    So in the latest https://garynumanmm.tmstor.es/ update, there is a preview of new video (shown to camera on notebook), looks promising! :-) Though I still feel/fear all this will be too similar to Savage, but then Savage was the album of the year for me, so... I'm in! :-)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Numan was supposed to be mastering the album while in the UK, but it sounds like he's not quite done with it yet.
    Album is finished and mastered!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Yeah, I know what it is. But because Gary’s involved with it I figured maybe they saw it on Sacrifice and borrowed the idea.

https://www.twitter.com/numanofficial/status/1322050225939181568

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Did anybody else catch Gary's live stream with Fane earlier in the week? It sounds like the new album is being pushed back to potentially a May release. Kind of shitty, but maybe in the meantime those reissues of Sacrifice, Exile and Pure will manifest.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    Did anybody else catch Gary's live stream with Fane earlier in the week? It sounds like the new album is being pushed back to potentially a May release. Kind of shitty, but maybe in the meantime those reissues of Sacrifice, Exile and Pure will manifest.
    May?! How come? I thought we’d have it in a month or two.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    May?! How come? I thought we’d have it in a month or two.
    Coronavirus, baybeee. He said in that talk that the lead time on vinyl production is massive at the moment, and they need to release all the formats at the same time for them to be taken into account for chart position. So the whole album needs to be delayed apparently. On the plus side though, he did say there's a tour planned (theoretically) for June so that would tie in with the album launch now.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Aaargh, stupid vinyl! (just kidding) Last information from tmstor.es was album is being mastered so I was expecting it much sooner... well, we'll wait.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    they need to release all the formats at the same time for them to be taken into account for chart position. So the whole album needs to be delayed apparently.
    I mean at this stage of his career, you would think he would be more interested in appeasing his fans instead of still being obsessed about chart position. Delaying an album 7 or 8 months because you are worried about chart position...Wow..Even Taylor Swift doesn't pull that

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    I mean at this stage of his career, you would think he would be more interested in appeasing his fans instead of still being obsessed about chart position. Delaying an album 7 or 8 months because you are worried about chart position...Wow..Even Taylor Swift doesn't pull that
    What makes you so pissed off about/dislike GN so much? You always seem to have a chip on your shoulder about him.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    What makes you so pissed off about/dislike GN so much? You always seem to have a chip on your shoulder about him.
    I have no issues with him (aside from that patreon nonsense when he was funding lavish vacations from the money he made off it). I just find it odd he seems so obsessed about chart positions. In the last few years he always mentions how many of his albums sold and how high they charted etc. Most artists 25 plus years in the game who already have an established fanbase don't really give a shit about chart positions anymore

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It's not Gary's call. It's BMG's call. Gary was super disappointed about the delay.

I disagree with your comment that he cares too much about chart positions. He is rightfully very proud of the latest albums charting high. He went through years and years trying to build back up to where he is now. I watch all his patreon and album updates and that's my call on it. He has stated he just wants this album to be at the same level as the last two have been and even better.
    Last edited by voidnz; 11-08-2020 at 12:52 AM.