Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1484

Thread: Gary Numan

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    New documentary coming out called "Resurrection" on Sky Arts on August 13. A small clip of it being filmed is shown on the latest Patreon video.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    RIP Rico.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    New documentary coming out called "Resurrection" on Sky Arts on August 13. A small clip of it being filmed is shown on the latest Patreon video.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    2:25 mark:

"GARY NUMAN!... oh yehyeah when you hear Gary Numan ahh he he jhfds;dljnjdsf fd fbkldfzl;'bfgxikhpOSCM."
    Last edited by Erneuert; 11-20-2022 at 03:47 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I see that Pure (and Scarred) is being re-released on Vinyl and Digipack 2CD. Yay!

I wonder what the second CD is and whether these are the re-done versions or the originals. Maybe CD1 is the original Pure and CD2 is the redone? Maybe it's demos? It's weird how the website doesn't actually say.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    The listing for Pure doesn't appear to have any additional content, and there isn't a second CD in the pack shot. Maybe the "2CD" label is just an error, and it's a straight repress of the original CD (licensed to the earMUSIC label now, who have also reissued Exile and the Live at Shepherds Bush Empire albums on vinyl). I would like to have Scarred on vinyl as well, but since it's only a 2xLP set, that's a bit of a squeeze for sound quality... if I count right, side two would be over 27 minutes long! There was already a very lavish three-part colour vinyl set that sold out immediately, and fetches eye-watering prices second-hand.

Beggars Arkive are also doing a marbled blue vinyl reissue of the Tubeway Army s/t album, that looks pretty nice.
    Last edited by botley; 12-07-2022 at 08:53 AM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I've recently become obsessed with Gazelle Twin, and discovered that she joined Numan on stage back in May to perform "The Gift"

edit: probably not news to you guys, but she is credited for BVs on Intruder.

Last edited by jmtd; 12-07-2022 at 03:04 PM.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by voidnz View Post
    I see that Pure (and Scarred) is being re-released on Vinyl and Digipack 2CD. Yay!

I wonder what the second CD is and whether these are the re-done versions or the originals. Maybe CD1 is the original Pure and CD2 is the redone? Maybe it's demos? It's weird how the website doesn't actually say.
    It was initially listed as 2-CD on the website but it looks like they've fixed it. Just a single disc in a slipcase.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Oh....I hope I can get a refund.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    So, they're just doing another run of the original Pure album then. *Shrug*.

I mean, I'd pick up the vinyl if it wasn't instantly sold out like the Exile vinyl wasn't instantly sold out and hey I'm seeing a pattern here ah fuck it

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Where can we see confirmation that this is not the re-recorded version of Pure?

https://garynuman.tmstor.es/product/105723

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutilated View Post
    Where can we see confirmation that this is not the re-recorded version of Pure?

https://garynuman.tmstor.es/product/105723
    That's just part of a standard vinyl + CD reissue.

The re-recorded version will be released/announced at the same time as the re-recorded version of Sacrifice and Exile.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Gary mentioned on his Patreon that he'd done a deal with BMG who will be releasing a bunch of his middle-stages back catalogue. This must be the first of it - it seems very quick to get it pressed etc. It's meant to ship in 10 days but i'd be amazed if it isn't delayed at least a couple of months. I guess they're cashing in and will cash in again when the new version eventually comes out. I hope the album is at least remastered. Since the vinyl sold out I figured I may as well keep my order and the CD can just sit with my collection. Bit of a waste of cash but the digipack might end up looking cool.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    ^ I don't think those two deals are related. BMG has nothing to do with earMUSIC or Mercury Studios, which are the labels handling the reissues of Scarred and Pure. Haven't seen the Patreon video in question myself, but usually when Gary refers to "middle" period he means the stuff after Warriors and before Sacrifice, and these are both from long after that. They aren't advertised as being remastered, either, though the vinyl cuts probably have been redone. The Tubeway Army self-titled is advertised as being "mastered at Abbey Road from analogue tape" so that's definitely a vinyl-specific remaster.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    He definitely said it was a deal with BMG. He said they were going to licence Berserker, The Fury, Strange Charm and Machine & Soul. Then it's Dream Corrosion, Ghost and Exhibition. Then went on about fans asking about those albums all the time. He then started to say two other companies came along too but he went with BMG. He said while he was back, he found all the master tapes for his albums and that they'd be released remastered. Then the bit i'm talking about, he said he was hoping to do a second deal with BMG for everything else onwards, mentioning the old Sacrifice and New Sacrifice, The new versions of Exile and Pure. Jagged, Dead Son Rising and Splinter.

Considering the vinyls for Pure and Scarred were up for sale already when he posted the video, maybe this is a totally different thing. Doesn't make a lot of sense.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    That's really encouraging news, actually. I thought he was just going to let all the stuff before Sacrifice languish out of print forever.

Exhibition was a collection of Beggars Banquet-era stuff, so I doubt he has the rights to license that. Maybe he meant White Noise as that's the other live album from the "middle" era?
    Last edited by botley; 01-18-2023 at 07:43 AM.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Gary's daughter Raven will be opening his 998th, 999th and 1,000th shows.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Any interesting updates on those recent Ghost Nation posts? I unsubscribed so can’t read them.

@botley, any idea what’s wrong with Gemma given Gary’s recent tweets?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Not really to be honest, lots of talking about Gemma's dad's passing which has taken most of his time. The coolest thing is that they're working with a company to get the 1,000th show live streamed. He also talked about an acoustic live tour that's in the works.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Damn, just great:

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Wow, “Exile” done live for the first time since 2002. Also “Crazier” dedicated to the late Rico.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    New drummer sounds great too:

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    A voice more dead than old.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    The 8 date acoustic tour in October sounds intriguing.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    ^ Pretty cool new backing arrangement, sounds like a lot of extra Fenton-esque layers going on... I wonder if that's how the new revamped Pure album mix will sound?

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    @botley - this cover mashes Haunted and Metal together. Something about those dancing figures is satisfying and terrifying at the same time…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Went to the Cleveland show Friday night. Gary came out with Ministry to do a cover of Fad Gadget's "Ricky's Hand."

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Does this guy legitimately sound this much like GN?