Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39
Results 1,141 to 1,152 of 1152

Thread: Gary Numan

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    What do you guys think of the most recent update comparing the original The End Of Dragons demo with Ade’s version 7?

I love the drum sound they’ve added to it.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Is the 1998 version of Voix the only instance where Gary has sampled NIN in his work? You can hear samples of Closer (Precursor) in it, as well as some drum samples from Self Destruction (Final).

Man, those 1998 versions of Down In The Park, Metal and Voix are so underrated.

Answering myself here, but I forgot about the Exile shows in 1997/98 that opened with “Intro (Closer)”. It must’ve started as that opener then he decided to incorporate it into the rehashed Voix.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Gary Numan - Numan or Nine Inch Numan??

This whole channel is soo good for me, e.g. Gig Review London Roundhouse 24&25 October 2019, maybe I'll mention it also in Depeche Mode topic. ;-D

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    According to the latest update the label want the title track Intruder as the first single. The album is due out at the end of October.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    79AFFC37-47FE-4816-87AD-CCC9E1AFB8E0.png
    If anyone is interested, Amazon US now has the preorder for Hybrid. Not too bad of price and should be released on August 14.

EDIT: Sorry about the huge ass pic, didnít know itíd come off like that.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    ^ Already pre-ordered from Townsend Music, along with last year's reissue of Live in London (At the Shepherds Bush Empire) on vinyl. I don't even like those albums especially much (though there is good stuff on them)... just need to complete the vinyl horde!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I love most of those Hybrid/Mutate reworks and the associated artwork. Another release like that would be more than welcome.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Last time he did anything like Hybrid was Dead Moon Falling, which was eight years ago (also pretty great, not just as a companion album but in its own right). Alessandro! Gazelle Twin! Alec friggin' Empire! Good stuff. Would be great to have that reissued on vinyl.

After the Intruder / Intruder Part Two (working title, but it sounds like they're just going to carry on writing songs as long as live shows are out of the question?) sessions are complete, I wouldn't be surprised if Gary did another remixes / collaborations LP. But we're talking at least a year from now, potentially...
    Last edited by botley; 07-31-2020 at 10:54 AM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Last time he did anything like Hybrid was Dead Moon Falling, which was eight years ago (also pretty great, not just as a companion album but in its own right). Alessandro! Gazelle Twin! Alec friggin' Empire! Good stuff. Would be great to have that reissued on vinyl.

After the Intruder / Intruder Part Two (working title, but it sounds like they're just going to carry on writing songs as long as live shows are out of the question?) sessions are complete, I wouldn't be surprised if Gary did another remixes / collaborations LP. But we're talking at least a year from now, potentially...
    Do you think GN’s fondness for Arabian sounds will continue on non-stop on future records? He seems pretty attached to it. Let’s not forget the tattoo font/language on his arms. It seems like it all started with "Pressure" from Jagged.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Goes back at least to Exile. I am pretty sure we've already heard from the Making Music videos that there will be more Middle Eastern influenced sounds on the new record.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Goes back at least to Exile. I am pretty sure we've already heard from the Making Music videos that there will be more Middle Eastern influenced sounds on the new record.
    I, like Gary, actually adore those Middle Eastern inspired sounds, so I totally welcome more of it. I’m just wondering post-Intruder/s if he will continue to incorporate it beyond that, or change his musical style entirely.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Depends on what Trent does next