Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: 11/3/2020 - Still a year and a half away

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Biden is the frontrunner:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/30/polit...nce/index.html

Iowa is nine months away and a lot can happen, but I'd be surprised if Biden isn't the nominee. Sanders is Johnny-one-note and the rest of the nominees aren't picking up a lot of traction (and I like them all, pretty much).
    Last edited by RhettButler; 04-30-2019 at 08:24 AM.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    A lot can happen, like in this poll where Joe Biden only gets 13% of support when voters had to name a candidate off the top of their heads. 54% of respondents have no preference yet - https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.0cb91a42c8e7

Biden tops the field with 13 percent among Democrats and Democratic-leaning adults, followed by Sanders at 9 percent and South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg at 5 percent. Sens. Kamala D. Harris (Calif.) and Elizabeth Warren (Mass.) are at 4 percent, while former congressman Beto O’Rourke of Texas is at 3 percent. Sens. Amy Klobuchar (Minn.) and Cory Booker (N.J.) are at 1 percent each.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    A lot can happen, like in this poll where Joe Biden only gets 13% of support when voters had to name a candidate off the top of their heads. 54% of respondents have no preference yet - https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.0cb91a42c8e7
    I saw that. I think 2020 is anyone's guess, anything can happen. I just have a hunch Biden will win the nomination and election. Then again, I thought Clinton would win. I thought "Trump actually winning in 2016? You're nuts, will never happen..."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Biden's record on Cannabis reform makes him a hard pass in the primaries for me. Who knows what's going to happen though. It is still early.

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Biden's record on Cannabis reform makes him a hard pass in the primaries for me. Who knows what's going to happen though. It is still early.
    he’ll officially flip on that as soon as he’s asked to comment. He’s a cardboard cutout politician; which sounds refreshing af after Trump

Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Rumor has it that Mayor Tall is announcing next week.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    I love De Blasio as mayor, but dude is out to lunch if he thinks he's gonna get any traction with a presidential run. I get that he's realy just angling for a cabinet position, but he's really going to piss off NY'ers, including those that don't hate him yet, with this nonsense. He needs to be here running NYC, not wasting his time running arounf NH, Iowa & SC for the next year. Really annoying.

Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    I agree, btw. I don't think it is a good idea at all. I think that if these rumors are true and he is running, it will be more to establish name recognition outside of NY in order to make a serious run in 2024 or beyond.

Imagine the fit that Cuomo will throw if BDB is out on the road campaigning and not running NYC.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    De Blasio should NOT run at all.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Cory Booker lays out gun control plan that would limit firearms purchases - https://medium.com/@corybooker/corys...c-ab377d9fb112

Mentioned
    781 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Cory Booker lays out gun control plan that would limit firearms purchases - https://medium.com/@corybooker/corys...c-ab377d9fb112
    A lot of that will never happen, some of it already did (bump stocks were already Federally banned), but in the very LEAST the portion about banning online gun sales should happen. Now.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Just putting this here for whoever it might interest. This is her second time on Joe's podcast but first since her candidacy announcement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Montana Governor Steve Bullock enters the race:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/14/u...lock-2020.html

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Cool, another person who can poll at 0-1% and make no noise. All these zero %'ers need to drop out asap and run for races in their states where they can hold or expand the Dem winning streak next November. I'm looking at you Beto.

Mentioned
    781 Post(s)
    Yeah, I wonder how much of this is just ego for a lot of these people, now. It does a greater service to run for the Senate. To help make changes locally. To work for your constituents for real change. Vs. just that great big Presidential ego job.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    And Bill de Blahblahblah has officially entered.

I can't wait to just vote for whoever ends up on the ballot, since I don't get a say in primaries anyway (yay, closed voting in my state!)

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Gotta love Trump’s tweet claiming NYC hates De Blasio. Yeah... ok, “Mr New York,” I guess the irony’s lost on you...