Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64
Results 1,891 to 1,918 of 1918

Thread: 11/3/2020 - President, Senate, House, LOCAL

  1. #1891
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    645
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    my gf wasn't surprised, nor happy, to hear the comment. her mother was fuming. my gf and her mom will always vote blue. but this was a slap in their face.

  2. #1892
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    11,564
    Mentioned
    813 Post(s)
    It was a joke, Biden was laughing. Ryan Knight the White Dude with the Bernie Rose is VEXED!

    Biden joked that if you are for TRUMP, you ainít black













    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/22/u...fast-club.html

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...-clearly-joke/
    Last edited by allegro; 05-22-2020 at 04:54 PM.

  3. #1893
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    11,564
    Mentioned
    813 Post(s)
    To see where all the OUTRAGE is originating, look no further than the far right Trumpers and a lot of the leftists searching to nitpick things, falsely.

    People pushed this video and pics of Bernie all over the place, too, (unfairly) depicting him as pandering or racism, which is just as much bullshit.




  4. #1894
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    11,564
    Mentioned
    813 Post(s)
    Meanwhile...


  5. #1895
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,841
    Mentioned
    398 Post(s)
    I can't finish watching this. I have tried.


  6. #1896
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    11,564
    Mentioned
    813 Post(s)
    Corona Barbie.

  7. #1897
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,841
    Mentioned
    398 Post(s)
    Each press secretary is somehow worse and more infuriating than the last. This "if you were real journalists, you'd be asking THESE questions! Let me ask the questions for you, about Flynn, and how innocent he is, and how Obama is guilty! See, I tire of your questions about Trump's failings and the seriousness of this pandemic, let us speak about Obamagate!"

  8. #1898
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    645
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    she's one of the most annoying people I've ever heard

  9. #1899
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Laughingstock of the World (America)
    Posts
    4,476
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Apparently she flashed Trump's bank account details (routing and account numbers) for the entire world to see.

    Obviously nothing will actually come of it (though some really stupid criminals might try). But holy shit...she might actually be as bad at her job as her boss is at his. And I didn't think that was possible.

  10. #1900
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    11,564
    Mentioned
    813 Post(s)

  11. #1901
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    2,307
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Apparently she flashed Trump's bank account details (routing and account numbers) for the entire world to see.

    Obviously nothing will actually come of it (though some really stupid criminals might try). But holy shit...she might actually be as bad at her job as her boss is at his. And I didn't think that was possible.
    wait a minute. they pretty much make you get direct deposit when you are a federal employee. I'm sure it's more than a little different at certain levels but I've also seen how hard it is to get payroll to cut a check for you. wtf.

  12. #1902
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Laughingstock of the World (America)
    Posts
    4,476
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I just thought about something. Former presidents retain Secret Service protection.

    We're going to be paying for fuckface to go golfing for the rest of his life.

  13. #1903
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    2,307
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I was going to correct you but then I read this.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...Secret_Service

    From 1997 until 2013, legislation was in place limiting Secret Service Protection to former presidents and their spouses to a period of 10 years from the date the former president leaves office. President Barack Obama signed legislation on January 10, 2013, reversing this limit and reinstating lifetime protection.

  14. #1904
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    11,564
    Mentioned
    813 Post(s)
    That's likely because Presidents are living way longer than 10 years from their Presidency?

    Jimmy Carter was President until 1981.

    Obviously, he's still alive. And although he wasn't the greatest President, I think he still needs Secret Service protection.

    If Obama hadn't signed that, Jimmy Carter's Secret Service protection would have ended immediately. As would the Secret Service protection of George H.W. Bush.

  15. #1905
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Laughingstock of the World (America)
    Posts
    4,476
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I was going to correct you but then I read this.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...Secret_Service



    Ye of little faith. (I actually did double check before posting because I was pretty sure that Obama had overturned that 10 year part, but I try not to put my foot in my mouth more than I really need to.)

    Also, I had completely forgotten about that milk & cookies bit, and now I'm both smiling and the image and unfathomably depressed about how far we've fallen.

  16. #1906
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    2,307
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    That's likely because Presidents are living way longer than 10 years from their Presidency?

    Jimmy Carter was President until 1981.

    Obviously, he's still alive. And although he wasn't the greatest President, I think he still needs Secret Service protection.

    If Obama hadn't signed that, Jimmy Carter's Secret Service protection would have ended immediately. As would the Secret Service protection of George H.W. Bush.



  17. #1907
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    11,564
    Mentioned
    813 Post(s)

  18. #1908
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    633
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    As much as I wish Trump a swift death, I think lifetime protection is something that former presidents should expect I think.

    The amount of enemies and threats to your health that come with the job, I think it's only fair.

  19. #1909
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Laughingstock of the World (America)
    Posts
    4,476
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    As much as I wish Trump a swift death, I think lifetime protection is something that former presidents should expect I think.

    The amount of enemies and threats to your health that come with the job, I think it's only fair.
    I'd be happy to pay my share of taxes to keep him in prison once he leaves. Just not to go golfing at his own goddamn properties which will further line his pockets. I don't want one penny of mine in the pockets of his shit-filled shorts.

  20. #1910
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    11,564
    Mentioned
    813 Post(s)

  21. #1911
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Laughingstock of the World (America)
    Posts
    4,476
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    "Fake news!"

    "You don't know what you're talking about"

    "I already get social security so they can't take mine away!"

    "Like Creepy Uncle Joe wouldn't do that and worse?"

    Get these intelligent and thoughtful responses and more from your elderly loved ones today when you say something bad about Donald Trump (from those who voted for him, obviously. Not suggesting for a second that old = trump supporter). It's worth mentioning, but...just don't get your hopes up. The other day my mom told me that her sister was complaining about her job, but how she's just happy to have something that allows her to get affordable healthcare for herself and her retired husband (who has had major heart surgery in the past).

    She's a die-hard Trump supporter.

    Something about leopards and face-eating....

  22. #1912
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    893
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    Biden leaning towards Klobuchar for VP according to developing news stories: https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...ning-mate-role
    a tater tot casserole on every table....

  23. #1913
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    11,564
    Mentioned
    813 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    "Fake news!"

    "You don't know what you're talking about"

    "I already get social security so they can't take mine away!"

    "Like Creepy Uncle Joe wouldn't do that and worse?"

    Get these intelligent and thoughtful responses and more from your elderly loved ones today when you say something bad about Donald Trump (from those who voted for him, obviously. Not suggesting for a second that old = trump supporter). It's worth mentioning, but...just don't get your hopes up. The other day my mom told me that her sister was complaining about her job, but how she's just happy to have something that allows her to get affordable healthcare for herself and her retired husband (who has had major heart surgery in the past).

    She's a die-hard Trump supporter.

    Something about leopards and face-eating....
    The elderly people in my Mom’s condo building are actually freaking out. There’s been a whisper thing going down through masks and by phone and my Mom and I are just laughing. When stuff doesn’t affect them, they don’t care. But they ain’t writing THIS off as fake news, they see it on the news. Even Fox is telling him not to try this shit.

    Seniors’ Medicare has been going up (it’s deducted from their Social Security), so any time there’s a COLA raise in Social Security (which is based on the price of GAS and shit, but most elderly don’t drive), most of that SS increase is eaten by the Medicare increase. Many seniors have supplemental insurance that doesn’t cover everything and they have high monthly premiums and deductibles. So lowering their monthly Social Security or increasing their Medicare premium is freaking them out.

    Of course, he can’t do this shit; only Congress can do this, and the Democratic House won’t let it happen. But that isn’t stopping the anxiety levels among the seniors.

    AND, the idiot is threatening funding to the USPS. Which employs a TON of black voters, and delivers prescription drugs to seniors and veterans. The primary reason the USPS is in the red all the time is because Republicans passed a law that requires the USPS to pre-fund 75% of its pension. Which is insane.

    Oh, and a LOT of seniors vote by mail.

    It’s almost like Trump doesn’t WANT to win.

    Or he’s just too stupid.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-26-2020 at 10:34 AM.

  24. #1914
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    2,307
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)


    yikes.

  25. #1915
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    645
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    ^ she lost whatever chance she had at being VP (which I don't think was a big chance anyway)

  26. #1916
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,387
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Her being the VP pick is the absolute worst one out of all of the names being mentioned. Which means it will probably be her.

  27. #1917
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    161
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yeah she would have been an awful pick in general but now - with her part in this nauseating tragedy spotlighted - Klobuchar would be straight up disastrous. But Biden is shaping up to be a disastrous candidate and so I'm still kind of convinced it's going to be her. As @Sarah K said, her being the worst option is the major reason I feel that Biden's going to pick her.

    As I've thought for a while, I think it's going to be either her or Harris. If that's the case, please just pick Harris.

  28. #1918
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    11,564
    Mentioned
    813 Post(s)
    I don’t think Biden is choosing Klobuchar; he has black women campaign advisers on his team.

    Biden’s team says they won’t be announcing a VP until August 1st.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...-running-mate/

    https://www.msnbc.com/am-joy/watch/b...on-83861061864

    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/...-s-vp-n1214651
    Last edited by allegro; 05-28-2020 at 05:06 PM.

Posting Permissions