Page 79 of 128 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,370 of 3812

Thread: 11/08/2022, The Midterms, aka build on 2020 aka The Election Thread

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Biden's foreign policy answers in press conferences are miles ahead of Trump's bumblings.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Pure speculation: I think that if Biden wins, Trump will not go to the inauguration but Pence will. Trump will act like the big baby that he is and cry foul at Mar-a-largo, while Pence will attend, in order to represent the outgoing administration transfering power to a new one. I can't stand Pence, but I think he would at least have enough decency to do that. At that point, he wouldn't give a fuck if it pisses off Trump.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I would be surprised if Pence runs in 2024. If Trump loses, just wait for the likes of Lindsey Graham and Mitch McConnell to say things like "I never really liked Trump, but for the good of the party and the good of the country I tried to work with him." They will try to gaslight the public on how they enabled and defended him during his four years as president, just as they now try to gaslight Republican voters on how they said they couldn't stand him before he became the nominee in 2016. If Trump were to lose, the stench of Trump would ruin any chance Pence ever had to run for POTUS.

And if (god help us) Trump is reelected, people will surely have had enough after eight years of this shit. Pence in 2024 will be like Cheney in 2008.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    that's exactly what I expect to happen, with nothing or no one stopping him. in fact, I'm preparing for it.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The other convention came and went.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Neither candidate is the same person he was in 2016. But Biden was at least at great intellectual advantage over Trump in the first place. Biden was a defense attorney, and was in Congress for over 45 years (both centers of debate). Trump admits that he never once debated in his life until 2016. Someone took Trump’s SATs for him. He didn’t go to Wharton, he went to U-Penn and got a degree in Real Estate. Someone did his homework for him. He’s a silver-spoon spoiled brat Hitler.
    Yes, and I think by far the biggest difference is that now Trump has a 4 year track record he has to answer for!

In 2016 it was easy for him to promise all kinds of bullshit (I don't know why the Democrats allow him to drop the "Mexico paying for the wall" bit, because it was THE cornerstone of his campaign, we allow his followers to forget about it), but now he's not just a "brilliant businessman" running, but a sitting president asking the nation to reelect him!

Biden should absolutely hammer him with his "accomplishments" over the last 4 years - on the debate stage! We all know that Trump can't stand it when he's confronted about his lies!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    One of the most ridiculous articles that I've read this election cycle, arguing for Trump's reelection, by Conrad Black.

My favorite line:

The (coronavirus) "is something of an embarrassment for the president..."

Only 200k Americans dead and this guy calls it "something of an embarrassment."

Reading his biography on Wiki and see that he is a convicted felon who Trump pardoned.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 09-09-2020 at 10:05 AM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    Reading his biography on Wiki and see that he is a convicted felon who Trump pardoned.
    You'd think that would also be "something of a disappointment." Sorry, if you were pardoned by Trump, I do not care at all what you have to say about anything, least of all the great and positive things about the scumbag who pardoned you.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Ah yes, Conrad Black, the born-on-third Canadian businessman / fraudster...who better to weigh in on American political interests?

And you're right, not mentioning the pardon in a disclaimer attached to that opinion piece is malpractice.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    well, the hits keep coming.

Has anyone heard some of these recordings from the interviews with Bob Woodward for his new book, Rage?

You can't claim it's "fake news," there's recordings. That's him saying it. That's Trump, on February 7th, admitting that he knew the virus was airborne, highly contagious, and magnitudes more deadly than the worst flu. This was weeks before he claimed "it'll just disappear," downplayed the severity of it, called it a Democrat hoax...

Then there's a follow up interview about it, and Trump admits to downplaying the severity, "I always downplay," because he "didn't want to incite a panic."

Just HOLY shit.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

In other news: did you see the 2021 Noble Peace Prize nomination?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    it's not the only time Trump has blabbed about secret nuclear weapons programs that he was almost certainly told to shut up about... he basically said the same sort of thing as an example of how much he loves the military. It was surreal, he's responding to allegations that he's called dead soldiers "suckers," and then moves on to talk about some "nuclear" thing that he hopes he never has to use... but nobody's seen anything like it, and hopefully they never will...

God he's so incredibly reckless and stupid.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    it's not the only time Trump has blabbed about secret nuclear weapons programs that he was almost certainly told to shut up about... he basically said the same sort of thing as an example of how much he loves the military. It was surreal, he's responding to allegations that he's called dead soldiers "suckers," and then moves on to talk about some "nuclear" thing that he hopes he never has to use... but nobody's seen anything like it, and hopefully they never will...

God he's so incredibly reckless and stupid.
    ftfy

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Glory to the day when we never speak that man's name again

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Not 100% on-topic, but I recently watched the whole Kanye West "George Bush doesn't care about black people" thing with context... dude sounded unhinged.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    We know. We've known since he bragged about walking into Miss Teen USA Pagent dressing rooms last election cycle.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Did you pursue this clip or did it popularly resurface somewhere? Exploring it with context does seem like a random thing to do fifteen years later on a Sunday afternoon. Which isn't shade, just me being interested.
    I went looking for it, I recalled Mike Myers reaction in relation to something vaguely related to a recent post in the mental health thread

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Not even remotely shocked. I couldn't imagine working for/with an adult who sexualized my kid that way. I'd be tempted to beat the shit out of them as my resignation letter.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    We know. We've known since he bragged about walking into Miss Teen USA Pagent dressing rooms last election cycle.
    This is still even creepy saying this shit to your "friend" aka the father of the girl's face

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    cohen knew too. i really hate that’s he’s getting so much attention for stating the fucking obvious. cohen is a liar who enabled trump’s election.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Biden has assembled a massive legal team for mail in voter and election fraud. good. hate to say it, but he's going to need it.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    cohen knew too. i really hate that’s he’s getting so much attention for stating the fucking obvious. cohen is a liar who enabled trump’s election.
    yeah, let's not forget that this guy is a totally insufferable scumbag.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    who knew that a gov't of 200+ years could fall apart once the 'gentlemen' involved in the gentlemen's agreements turned out to be complete assholes.