Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33

Thread: 11/3/2020 - President, Senate, House, LOCAL

Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    I thought it was pretty boring last night all around. Whereas my opinion last time was that there was a very clear (unexpected!) winner, everyone sucked last night.

Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    This is gonna be the most important election of our lifetimes and will impact multiple generations of Americans.
    It freaks me out when I think about how true this is. I've been waking from anxiety ridden nightmares about it all. Oh my god, if Trump is re-elected with a mandate....

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    There really isn't a safe option here because Trump voters are going to turn it out in record shattering numbers so Dems need to be prepared to do the same.

This is gonna be the most important election of our lifetimes and will impact multiple generations of Americans.

Two things that I think we can all forget easily b/c of the dread we all feel at another four years of this criminal monster: he won by a grand total of 75,000-ish votes across WI, MI & PA. And then also do not discount the House wave of 2018. Take those two things together and u can extrapolate with some mild confidence that voters are attempting to rebuke this animal that just baaaaaaaarely squeaked by Hillary. And we know Hillary was really unpopular too at that time. So considering all 4 top candidates will be less hated than Hillary was, I tend to calm myself down a bit when I think about these things. And it's not like Trump's gotten any more popular. He has insanely low popularity numbers. Record-breaking. I believe he would be the first president to win re-election w/the kind of numbers he has. Sure it can happen (part. when u factor in their voter suppression tactics), but it's not likely.

And as I've said before, Bernie's entire strategy rests on turning out as much of the 100 million people who stayed home last time. So if he gets the nom & he is successful with this plan, it should be even easier to at least flip those 3 states listed. I'm not thumping my chest with confidence about all this, I just want people to remember the provable things we know so far & not give into the dread.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; Yesterday at 12:00 AM.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    ^ Agreed on not giving into dread. The Democrats need someone brave enough to stand up against Trump, and denounce everything that he's been doing in the strongest possible terms, in sustained & unrelenting campaigns for winnable areas in the key parts of those states. They can pull it off, it won't be easy, but there's a damn good chance.

Mentioned
    785 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    I thought it was pretty boring last night all around. Whereas my opinion last time was that there was a very clear (unexpected!) winner, everyone sucked last night.
    I fell asleep.