Page 80 of 128 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,400 of 3812

Thread: 11/08/2022, The Midterms, aka build on 2020 aka The Election Thread

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    I feel like almost anyone paying attention knew this. Unfortunately, Americans, as a people, really tend to loathe folks who are paying attention because their very existence suggests that you are not paying enough attention and, boy, do Americans by and large hate being reminded that they haven’t maxed out the skill meter in every single area.
    This is the perfect way of explaining a problem that is prevalent in every major issue our country is facing today.

A few weeks ago I was in a store, wearing my mask (because duh). There is a mask ordinance in my city, so you have to wear one in businesses. Most folks are complying, but others are either throwing a hissy fit at the door OR waiting until they are inside the business to take their mask off or let it sit under their nose or mouth. I walked into an aisle and noticed a woman had taken her mask off. But I didn't say anything or make a face at her or even stare. But as soon as she saw ME with my mask on, she loudly snorted at ME and rolled her eyes. Like I was inconveniencing her by wearing my mask appropriately.

Here's why I bring this up: from day one of this mask business I heard people objecting to it say that they just wanted the "choice" to wear one or not wear one. But it's becoming clear to me that "choice" was never really what they wanted - because they don't want to see anyone else "choose" to wear one either. That's why the dogbrains on facebook are sharing memes about sheep wearing masks and whatnot, and why that lady acted like I was the biggest asshole in the world for quietly wearing my mask in a grocery store.

It was never about choice, it was always about people who were unwilling to be confronted (either directly or indirectly) with how selfish and uninformed they are. It's part of why they don't like protesters, whether they protest quietly with a knee at a game or loudly in the streets. It's why they call things that are irrefutable "fake news". It's why they get pissed off at Greta T. for simply caring about climate change and saying she cares out loud in front of powerful adults.

By simply existing as an informed human being and making decisions based on information you have, you are a threat to their mental security. You never have to say a confrontational word to some of these people, just your existence upsets them enough.
    Last edited by eachpassingphase; 09-14-2020 at 09:51 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Rogan moderating a Trump and Biden debate, what could go wrong?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post

That's not a real thing.....right???????? Please tell me that no-one is allowing Joe Rogan to moderate anything......

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    That's not a real thing.....right???????? Please tell me that no-one is allowing Joe Rogan to moderate anything......
    No, at least not yet anyway but of course Trump is down for it.

If Biden actually agreed to it i would be shocked but the idea has def got a lot of people talking. Even the fucking View ladies were yapping about it.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

If Biden actually agreed to it i would be shocked but the idea has def got a lot of people talking. Even the fucking View ladies were yapping about it.
    I listened to an episode or two of his podcast out of curiosity, the man hates Biden with a passion. It'd be the furthest thing from objective or unbiased as you could possibly get.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    with the scale of grift going right now from everyone I wonder how much of that is real and how much is just getting the hate clicks.

however you throw in some Fear Factor challenges and I'm all for it.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

however you throw in some Fear Factor challenges and I'm all for it.
    Ox testicles for everyone!

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

Where did this idea start from? I mean who was the one that "threw the idea out there"? I had no context and decided to browse some comedy subreddits (I know) yesterday, which were flooded with terrible Trump/Biden/Rogan debate memes. I felt like a deer in headlights.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Where did this idea start from? I mean who was the one that "threw the idea out there"? I had no context and decided to browse some comedy subreddits (I know) yesterday, which were flooded with terrible Trump/Biden/Rogan debate memes. I felt like a deer in headlights.
    It was on his recent podcast with Tim Kennedy from 4 days ago, just casual spitballing from what I gathered but yeah it just kinda blew up somewhere down the line.

I think Trump retweeted or responded to this?

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Ox testicles for everyone!
    I remember this episode, and the moment she bites into it and then runs away screaming "that's exactly what I thought a testicle would taste like..."

Something like that. That's basically what I've been screaming inside my head silently for the past 3 and a half years. Just some kind of horrified understanding of something that you want to forget experiencing, and you know you can't.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

If we're playing fantasy debate moderator, she's my choice:

I did hear her say that.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    A few weeks ago I was in a store, wearing my mask (because duh). There is a mask ordinance in my city, so you have to wear one in businesses. Most folks are complying, but others are either throwing a hissy fit at the door OR waiting until they are inside the business to take their mask off or let it sit under their nose or mouth. I walked into an aisle and noticed a woman had taken her mask off. But I didn't say anything or make a face at her or even stare. But as soon as she saw ME with my mask on, she loudly snorted at ME and rolled her eyes. Like I was inconveniencing her by wearing my mask appropriately.
    I was walking outside with a mask on and got yelled at by a driver saying I can't catch COVID outside.

I don't care about a cure for COVID-19, I wish there was a cure for STUPID-20.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    "Mr President, I heard you really love Shark Week on the Discovery channel. Have you ever watched the Discovery channel on DMT? They've got hours of chimpanzee footage. Those things are unbelievably fucking strong, they will rip your face off. Do we have a clip somewhere? Jamie, pull that shit up."

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    let Joe Rogan debate only if Seth Rogan can also have a debate with everyone involved smoking joints

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Mr. Empathy:

That town hall was a trainwreck. Who the hell thought that this was a good idea?
    Last edited by GulDukat; 09-16-2020 at 05:17 AM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    "I didn't down play it" "I up-played it"

FUCK YOU. We have you on audio recording SAYING you not only downplayed it, but that you liked downplaying it and continued to do so.
    YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED to just completely claim the opposite now. We have you on record. Before everyone informed you that it was a HORRIBLE THING TO SAY, you were all about it. You cannot DO THIS. We are all going to lose our goddamn minds.

Also... "you'll develop a herd MENTALITY." Jesus Christ. Just put me in a fucking coma and wake me up on November 3rd.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    "I didn't down play it" "I up-played it"

FUCK YOU. We have you on audio recording SAYING you not only downplayed it, but that you liked downplaying it and continued to do so.
    YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED to just completely claim the opposite now. We have you on record. Before everyone informed you that it was a HORRIBLE THING TO SAY, you were all about it. You cannot DO THIS. We are all going to lose our goddamn minds.

Also... "you'll develop a herd MENTALITY." Jesus Christ. Just put me in a fucking coma and wake me up on November 3rd.
    might have to wake you up Nov 3 2024. if so, I'd like to disappear for 4 more years too.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Jesus Christ. Just put me in a fucking coma and wake me up on November 3rd.
    No, that's when the shit really hits the fan.

I don't think that we will know who will be sworn in on 1/20/'21 for a while after the election. There will be millions of mail-in ballots left to be counted, lawsuits, protests, rage-tweets, FOX "NEWS" having a meltdown, etc. It won't be pretty.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    he’s playing the opposite game. they say “down play”, i say “up play”. all of this is a game for him. we passed the 200k death yesterday and really the entire government doesn’t give a shit. the senate are just as much to blame as they do nothing while the criminal kills people.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Term limits would help with this. Six years should be long enough to do what needs to be done, right?

And also expand the two-year span for the others because that's way too short.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Anyone catch the town hall with Biden? I thought that he did a pretty good job. He rambled at times, but nothing too embarrassing. He gave some good answers, like when he was asked about masks and farming (from a hostile audience member). He came across as warm and empathetic.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I don't get why the people of Alabama actually want this guy as their senator. Then again, I'm from MA.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Jesus Christ. Just put me in a fucking coma and wake me up on November 3rd.
    I can't go through the stress of Election Night coverage again. Especially b/c we might not have a clear winner for a few days. I think we're going to go out to dinner after 8pm somewhere with no TV's, maybe a movie theater if we feel comfortable by then. Phones off throughout all this. Come home as late as possible, phones stay off, and go to bed. Probably take an Ambien to try and sleep as long as possible into that Wednesday. Phones still off that night, and placed outside our bedroom. Then Wednesday when we wake up we'll start dealing with whatever drama has unfolded. I just can't sit glued to the cable news/TYT coverage on Youtube all night like 2016 seeing things unfold incrementally state by state.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I'm going with an opposite gameplan, I'll be watching the elections live with a six pack. It's not a great idea but I know I couldn't do anything else.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    That's not an entirely accurate headline... apparently the offer was floated by Rohrbacher, and he's claiming that he would contact the president if it was possible. As far I could tell the lawyers for Assange aren't claiming that there was a direct offer from Trump.

Now the White House is saying that Trump barely ever knew Rohrbacher, but whatever, that's almost certainly a lie.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    they don't know anyone apparently!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    I'll be watching the elections live with a six pack.
    Might want to up/downgrade that to a 30 pack of shitty Americn Macrobrew, unless you mean 6 large bottles of hard liquor.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)