Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73
Results 2,161 to 2,163 of 2163

Thread: 11/3/2020 - President, Senate, House, LOCAL

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'm surprised by the optimistic tone of most of the Biden ads I've been seeing. It's a good/smart contrast to the "IF YOU VOTE FOR BIDEN YOU WILL DIEEEEEEEEEEEE!" stuff that's coming from the Trump camp.
    I sort of disagree, I don't understand why the Democrats don't continuously hammer Trump on his record every single goddamn second of this campaign. The only memorable anti-Trump ads are coming from the Lincoln Project and other disillusioned Republicans, I honestly feel the same as I did in 2016, the Dems are banking on a sure win and in retrospect really failed to stress to the people how bad things could be. The difference is that those bad things HAPPENED since, so it should be the obvious strategy.
    "Are you better off than you were 4 years ago?!"
    The Biden team needs to go after the rational Republicans and those who didn't bother to vote in 2016. Their game plan doesn't have urgency and the sense of danger we're actually in.

Mentioned
    413 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    I sort of disagree, I don't understand why the Democrats don't continuously hammer Trump on his record every single goddamn second of this campaign. The only memorable anti-Trump ads are coming from the Lincoln Project and other disillusioned Republicans, I honestly feel the same as I did in 2016, the Dems are banking on a sure win and in retrospect really failed to stress to the people how bad things could be. The difference is that those bad things HAPPENED since, so it should be the obvious strategy.
    "Are you better off than you were 4 years ago?!"
    The Biden team needs to go after the rational Republicans and those who didn't bother to vote in 2016. Their game plan doesn't have urgency and the sense of danger we're actually in.
    It's such a strange position to be in right now if you're Biden. You might be right, but I see these ads that Trump is putting out, and I like the contrast. Trump's ads are all "you will FUCKING DIE if you vote for Biden!!!!!!!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHA, Grandma's going to get a home invasion, and she's going to be terrified! Watch out Grandma!"

It's all fear and bullshit. It's not offering hope or any kind of a message that we can look forward to.

At least Biden is espousing stuff that feels encouraging and hopeful. Maybe it's all bullshit, but the tone matters right now, and I think it matters a lot more than we might realize. People are justifiably afraid right now; just that they're afraid of real things, not the horrors of Antifa or whatever. People are frightened of a pandemic that's being handled in an astonishingly incompetent manner, even for Trump. They're worried about the economy, their jobs, their health care, and all Trump has to offer them is this scorched earth promise if Biden is elected.

And I really think there's power in contrast. Maybe if Trump was being sensible in his ads, a different approach might be better to draw attention to the stark difference. It doesn't hurt that there's some good-guy Republicans actually doing the dirty work for us. Lincoln Project is awesome.

Mentioned
    826 Post(s)
    @Jinsai , that's a good point, too.

At this point, Biden can continue hiding in his basement and not campaign AT ALL and still win.

Because Trump is running against himself.