Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64
Results 1,891 to 1,909 of 1909

Thread: 11/3/2020 - President, Senate, House, LOCAL

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    my gf wasn't surprised, nor happy, to hear the comment. her mother was fuming. my gf and her mom will always vote blue. but this was a slap in their face.

Mentioned
    810 Post(s)
    It was a joke, Biden was laughing. Ryan Knight the White Dude with the Bernie Rose is VEXED!

Biden joked that if you are for TRUMP, you ainít black

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/22/u...fast-club.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...-clearly-joke/
    Last edited by allegro; 05-22-2020 at 04:54 PM.

Mentioned
    810 Post(s)
    To see where all the OUTRAGE is originating, look no further than the far right Trumpers and a lot of the leftists searching to nitpick things, falsely.

People pushed this video and pics of Bernie all over the place, too, (unfairly) depicting him as pandering or racism, which is just as much bullshit.

Mentioned
    810 Post(s)
    Meanwhile...

Mentioned
    397 Post(s)
    I can't finish watching this. I have tried.

Mentioned
    810 Post(s)
    Corona Barbie.

Mentioned
    397 Post(s)
    Each press secretary is somehow worse and more infuriating than the last. This "if you were real journalists, you'd be asking THESE questions! Let me ask the questions for you, about Flynn, and how innocent he is, and how Obama is guilty! See, I tire of your questions about Trump's failings and the seriousness of this pandemic, let us speak about Obamagate!"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    she's one of the most annoying people I've ever heard

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Apparently she flashed Trump's bank account details (routing and account numbers) for the entire world to see.

Obviously nothing will actually come of it (though some really stupid criminals might try). But holy shit...she might actually be as bad at her job as her boss is at his. And I didn't think that was possible.

Mentioned
    810 Post(s)

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Apparently she flashed Trump's bank account details (routing and account numbers) for the entire world to see.

Obviously nothing will actually come of it (though some really stupid criminals might try). But holy shit...she might actually be as bad at her job as her boss is at his. And I didn't think that was possible.
    wait a minute. they pretty much make you get direct deposit when you are a federal employee. I'm sure it's more than a little different at certain levels but I've also seen how hard it is to get payroll to cut a check for you. wtf.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I just thought about something. Former presidents retain Secret Service protection.

We're going to be paying for fuckface to go golfing for the rest of his life.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I was going to correct you but then I read this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...Secret_Service

From 1997 until 2013, legislation was in place limiting Secret Service Protection to former presidents and their spouses to a period of 10 years from the date the former president leaves office. President Barack Obama signed legislation on January 10, 2013, reversing this limit and reinstating lifetime protection.

Mentioned
    810 Post(s)
    That's likely because Presidents are living way longer than 10 years from their Presidency?

Jimmy Carter was President until 1981.

Obviously, he's still alive. And although he wasn't the greatest President, I think he still needs Secret Service protection.

If Obama hadn't signed that, Jimmy Carter's Secret Service protection would have ended immediately. As would the Secret Service protection of George H.W. Bush.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I was going to correct you but then I read this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...Secret_Service

Ye of little faith. (I actually did double check before posting because I was pretty sure that Obama had overturned that 10 year part, but I try not to put my foot in my mouth more than I really need to.)

Also, I had completely forgotten about that milk & cookies bit, and now I'm both smiling and the image and unfathomably depressed about how far we've fallen.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    That's likely because Presidents are living way longer than 10 years from their Presidency?

Jimmy Carter was President until 1981.

Obviously, he's still alive. And although he wasn't the greatest President, I think he still needs Secret Service protection.

If Obama hadn't signed that, Jimmy Carter's Secret Service protection would have ended immediately. As would the Secret Service protection of George H.W. Bush.

Mentioned
    810 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    As much as I wish Trump a swift death, I think lifetime protection is something that former presidents should expect I think.

The amount of enemies and threats to your health that come with the job, I think it's only fair.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    As much as I wish Trump a swift death, I think lifetime protection is something that former presidents should expect I think.

The amount of enemies and threats to your health that come with the job, I think it's only fair.
    I'd be happy to pay my share of taxes to keep him in prison once he leaves. Just not to go golfing at his own goddamn properties which will further line his pockets. I don't want one penny of mine in the pockets of his shit-filled shorts.