Page 70 of 128 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 3812

Thread: 11/08/2022, The Midterms, aka build on 2020 aka The Election Thread

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The talk is that he makes a deal with the SDNY that they won’t prosecute him after he is no longer President, in exchange for resigning.

This is what Nixon did. Then Ford pardoned him (Pence would pardon Trump while Pence is President for the last few months.)

This guarantees that Trump won’t win a 2nd term, but it also guarantees that he won’t get indicted if he loses a 2nd term. If his AG knows what kind of discovery they have against Trump, a plea deal is the way to go. Nobody else gets the deal, though.

SCOTUS is expected to issue their decision re Trump’s taxes and financials tomorrow. Maybe.

@GulDukat , I’m not sure what the GOP rules say about this scenario. But everything I’m seeing says that Pence would be the likely nominee, and the RNC picks the VP.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-29-2020 at 10:50 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    unless there's a medical emergency, Trump isn't going to drop out of the race, and everyone should know that. He knows that if he drops out, he is doing it because he's afraid he'll lose, and he knows that everyone will know that, and that will be his legacy. His ego can't handle that.
    I honestly don't know. If Trump's approval rating drops to say 35% (it's 41.2% now, RCP average), I don't think it's totally unrealistic. If it becomes clear that there is no way Trump can win, he may walk away. I'm not saying this will happen, but I think it's a remote possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    @GulDukat , I’m not sure what the GOP rules say about this scenario. But everything I’m seeing says that Pence would be the likely nominee, and the RNC picks the VP.
    I think Pence would have a better chance of beating Biden than Trump would. Maybe the RNC is secretly hoping Trump will drop out.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 06-30-2020 at 07:13 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    ^ I was thinking that about Pence over the weekend once I saw him wearing a mask. I thought "hmm...ok, that's a bit out of character. he must be trying ti win people over. maybe even make a power move or have the move made for him"

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    ^ I was thinking that about Pence over the weekend once I saw him wearing a mask. I thought "hmm...ok, that's a bit out of character. he must be trying ti win people over. maybe even make a power move or have the move made for him"
    The protest against wearing a mask is beyond the pale. Right now Trump could save lives by going on TV and telling everyone to wear a mask, but he won't and people will die because of it. I was no fan of Bush, but he would have done that. Fuck Trump.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    MITCH MCCONNELL told people to wear a mask the other day.

LIZ CHENEY posted a photo of DICK CHENEY WEARING A MASK, with the caption “Real Men Wear Masks.”

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    MITCH MCCONNELL told people to wear a mask the other day.

LIZ CHENEY posted a photo of DICK CHENEY WEARING A MASK, with the caption “Real Men Wear Masks.”
    Nah, they just want to be politically correct:

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I couldn't believe when he said that people were trying to be "politically correct" by wearing masks. How "politically correct" of you to attempt to do your small part to mitigate the spread of a deadly disease.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I couldn't believe when he said that people were trying to be "politically correct" by wearing masks.
    That narrative is leading his people over the cliff, and got the U.S. numbers higher than any other country on the planet. Because of HIM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Here is the video in question:

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I've been thinking about this possible plea bargain that may or may not be a thing to pardon his crimes after he resigns...

I don't want it. I want him to actually face the news. Fuck this fucking guy. If I've EVER wanted someone to see justice of SOME FUCKING KIND, it's this sack of inhuman shit. I want him and his shitty family to rot in jail.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    My prediction: Trump will drop out. Biden will succumb to Covid-19. I wish the first prediction will happen, but really hope the second does not. Sometimes I am wrong. But sometimes I am right.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Trump to Trump: You're fired!

Another article on the possibility of Trump resigning.

If Trump senses a blowout defeat well beyond the usual Republican margin of theft, the champ may decide that it’s more dignified to retire undefeated. He can claim that the election was rigged, that he would have won, blah blah blah, and he can have the satisfaction of agitating his base as president-in-exile with no responsibility whatever for the consequences.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I mean I do like living in the magical fairytale land where this might happen

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    So now Trump's campaign is using the Nazi eagle.

You look at the Nazi eagle and the one Trump is using, and you're telling me that they don't look very similar?

Question is, was this done on purpose or are the people running Trump's campaign just plain stupid?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I’ll take both for $600, Alex.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    This is clear whistle blowing.... and it's disturbing. The eagle over the symbol (as long as it isn't a fucking swastika) predates WWII. It's the Reichsadler. By itself, not associated with nazis or fascism or whatever.

That's why they can just say "well, we didn't mean it THAT way." And we all move on. I hate these fucking people so much.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    This is clear whistle blowing.... and it's disturbing. The eagle over the symbol (as long as it isn't a fucking swastika) predates WWII. It's the Reichsadler. By itself, not associated with nazis or fascism or whatever.
    I'lltry
    That's why they can just say "well, we didn't mean it THAT way." And we all move on. I hate these fucking people so much.
    The swastika also predates WW2 by about 12,000 years. Trump could use that too and claim he didn't know Hitler used it.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    The swastika also predates WW2 by about 12,000 years. Trump could use that too and claim he didn't know Hitler used it.
    yeah, well, I guess that's how it works

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    I remember being in my early 20s and visiting the Royal Ontario Museum and seeing Buddhist statues with swastika's on them and being really confused and shocked. In the western world, the other contexts for the symbol aren't commonly known.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I was wondering if this might be an attempt at sabotaging Trump by a designer. Someone who knew that they could slip this under the radar and hopefully cause a shitstorm. Then I remembered the Facebook triangle thing, which shot that theory straight away.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DF118 View Post
    I was wondering if this might be an attempt at sabotaging Trump by a designer. Someone who knew that they could slip this under the radar and hopefully cause a shitstorm. Then I remembered the Facebook triangle thing, which shot that theory straight away.
    art is resistance!!!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    One professor thinks Trump has a YUGE chance of winning.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pro...-despite-polls

This model is based on Biden's poor performance in the early primaries and doesn't take Trump's tanking poll numbers or COVID into consideration.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Wait...what. 2020 what are you doi...

oh. never mind.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Trump just commuted Roger Stone's sentence. Yeah... well, great...

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Nothing will happen to Trump because of this.

It’s so infuriating because it’s painfully obvious what happened and who did what and why.

And they’re all going to get away with it.
    Last edited by Swykk; 07-10-2020 at 08:40 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Stone knows where all the bodies are buried.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    I must not understand something about Kentucky’s election?
    It’s against Mitch McConnell

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)