Page 67 of 128 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,010 of 3812

Thread: 11/08/2022, The Midterms, aka build on 2020 aka The Election Thread

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Trump does NOT know about EITHER one, guaranteed.

In fact, I think he’s being punked.

Here’s Trump in 1989, with some passive-aggressive affirmative action bullshit.

He’s still that same asshole, on steroids.

Last edited by allegro; 06-10-2020 at 11:07 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Apologies if I was unclear in my original message; I'm not trying to shame anyone for not knowing what Juneteenth or the Tulsa Massacre is (except the President of the United States of America, who absolutely should know, and all the Republican senators and congresspersons who will no doubt have no idea what we're discussing when asked for comment). I'm just saying that the people who have known for years about these things—comprising many Black Americans (especially the locals), Klan members, and hardcore racists—will get this message loud and clear. I assume the message is as simple as this "Know your place." For both groups.

And it's a pretty fucking precarious time to stoke that particular powder keg. I do not want to be talking next Saturday about the 2020 Tulsa Massacre.

I didn't take it that way at all. The 90s were problematic in their own way: I guess I was just setting the stage that I wasn't some GOP-raised teenager who didn't give a fuck.

But yah, Trump + Tulsa + Juneteeth + the current state of the US. I worry.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I think any of the past four presidents (maybe five but I'm not giving Ronnie that much credit today) would be able to turn this thing on the 19th into something that would raise up the country instead of what we all basically expect to happen. I know, they were all assholes in their own way but I think each would find a way to do it. Especially because it's an election year. They'd make shit up and it would be saccharine as fuck but they'd do it.

And that's the problem here, there's no way for Trump to walk this line and raise anything but himself up and push everyone else back down. I hope it's not going to be as terrible as I expect it to be but hey I just said I expect it to be terrible so I'm not going to be too disappointed when he screws it up.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Guys. How do you suck so badly at this and keep winning?

I think I would be laughing more if it weren't so God Damn horrible.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

Guys. How do you suck so badly at this and keep winning?

I think I would be laughing more if it weren't so God Damn horrible.
    How do you know it was not done on purpose? A little passive aggressive never hurt anyone.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    speaking of passive aggressive.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Go ahead Biden, they ARE racist fucks.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    That was awesome

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I can't wait for the candidate who runs on the "too big to fail" ticket of bringing Ma Bell breakups back into style. Just go to town on all of the companies who said they were too big to fail and cut them up into manageable pieces. And then go a step further and make it so they can't get back together again in the future.

I know, it's a pipe dream.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    First time in a while I've felt Biden was actually being genuine and not just campaigning. Kinda wish he would have actually just gone ahead and dropped the F bomb.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Trump on Lincoln: "he did good, but it's always questionable, the end result"

will Trump just come out and admit he's racist at this point?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    Trump on Lincoln: "he did good, but it's always questionable, the end result"

will Trump just come out and admit he's racist at this point?
    I think Trump exhibits megalomania more than racism. He quite simply does not care about other people (of any race) unless those other people benefit him somehow.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    He’s racist. He pretends not to be, but he is. It’s obvious that behind closed doors he despises anyone who isn’t a WASP.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Biden's narrows down VP choices; Abrams, Duckworth and Klobuchar are out.

Current choices are Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren, Susan Rice, Val Demings, Keisha Lance Bottoms and Michelle Lujan Grisham.

I *love* Susan Rice.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post

Current choices are Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren, Susan Rice, Val Demings, Keisha Lance Bottoms and Michelle Lujan Grisham.

I *love* Susan Rice.
    That article only casts doubt on Klobuchar. No mention of Abrams or Duckworth at all so they could still be under consideration.Sources named Harris, Warren and Rice without naming others saying that more could be under consideration and asked to submit docs for the vetting.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    That article only casts doubt on Klobuchar. No mention of Abrams or Duckworth at all so they could still be under consideration.Sources named Harris, Warren and Rice without naming others saying that more could be under consideration and asked to submit docs for the vetting.
    Other sources are saying they're out. Klobuchar is likely toast because of Minneapolis. The AP article quotes "inside sources" so it could all be bullshit.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    AMAZING!!! GOOD JOB, GEORGIA!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    AMAZING!!! GOOD JOB, GEORGIA!

seriously! hoping this is a sign that trump will be defeated.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I like to hope that the past few years have galvanized in people what voting actually means.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Probably just an injury from one of his golf outings that we've spent hundreds of millions of dollars on.

I'm sure it's not indicative of a neurodegenerative disease that would render him unfit to be commander in chief. No way it could be that. I'm definitely not suggesting that's the case at all.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

I *love* Susan Rice.
    Ooooooo, I like Susan Rice as well.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    considering Susan Rice seemed to recently come out of nowhere on his list, I think she's the pick.

I hope she's the pick. She has great experience and has already worked with Biden.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Sigh...Susan Rice would be f'ing terrible, but would also be exactly on-brand for Biden. She is as boring & establishment as they get, and would excite precisely no one who isn't already plugged into Dem politics & has their mind made up.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'll say this...of the list, I prefer either Demmings or Bottoms.

I think Rice has the best shot.

I just REALLY don't want it to be Harris.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Just noting this because I've already been (rightly) corrected for it - it's Lance Bottoms. That's her full last name.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    ^^

Not “corrected” - just noted. I now actually thinks she goes by both, so your original observation of the unfortunate “Biden Bottoms” tag (bleh) is correct.

Susan Rice is brilliant, and has a TON of foreign diplomatic experience (which is THE most-necessary thing in a President).

You want your CONGRESSPEOPLE to be progressive, because only Congress can legislate. But, Rice isn’t exactly conservative.

The only issue with Susan Rice is Benghazi, but she’s made clear in her book that the Administration needed someone to go out front to explain the situation before they had all of the facts, so they stuck her out there (to protect Hillary Clinton). Rice’s mother was LIVID. It wrecked Rice’s shot at becoming Secretary of State after Clinton. Rice was sandbagged, unfairly. But, her voice during the Mueller and Ukraine stuff has been blistering.

Biden has stated that, due to his advanced age, he wants someone who could IMMEDIATELY step into the role of President, effortlessly. The only one I see who can effortlessly do that on the current list is Susan Rice. She has THE most extensive foreign relations and foreign policy experience, period.

Mayors don’t have foreign policy experience. Governors = ditto. I’m looking at their foreign policy history and foreign committee history, first and foremost, with the primary focus on trade and international relations.

AND, Rice is a black woman.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-14-2020 at 11:35 AM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    OK, I'm on board with Rice, but Biden needs to announce a good choice soon.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    OK, I'm on board with Rice, but Biden needs to announce a good choice soon.
    He’s not announcing until August 1st. The convention starts August 17th.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    BUT I WANT IT NOW!!!!!

Seriously. It’s at least August first already, if we’re going by the amount of subjective time that’s passed in lockdown since he became the presumptive candidate way back in...what...February? Of 2013?

I want it now. Give it to me now. Gimme.
    I guess the security clearance shit takes months. They do a deep-dive investigative security clearance into the finalists that’s really intense. Once you announce it, you can’t take it back.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    A few of my Twitter friends make a valid point that Susan Rice’s unfair Benghazi debacle might affect down-ballot votes so Harris is likely a better choice. But that leaves Rice for Secretary of State.

Edit: I do like Val Demings a lot, too.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-15-2020 at 01:06 PM.