Page 74 of 83 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,220 of 2467

Thread: 11/3/2020 - President, Senate, House, LOCAL

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
    Part of me imagines (only half jokingly) that Biden promised most of his primary opponents save Sanders the Vice Presidential slot - separately asking Buttigieg and Klobuchar to drop out before Super Tuesday, asking Warren to drop out after it - only to award it to the woman whose campaign folded before voting even began, whose biggest moment of the election cycle was bodying him during the debates. I can't stand the fact that Biden got the nomination but the fact Buttigieg dropped out and endorsed Biden when he was leading him in delegates, giving him a big boost against Sanders, and got seemingly nothing out of it does admittedly warm my heart.
    Mayor Rat is just waiting his turn. He's like 12 years old. You can bet the same people that have pushed Harris into this spot will be pushing Mayor Pete as the next establishment trendy pick in 4 or 8 years. Remember how much big time donor $ he got this summer, part. from billionaires. And remember that Obama called him directly about dropping out before Bloody Tuesday. Who knows what was promised to him. He's putting out a book this fall to capitalize on the political season, and to keep his name out there until his number is called.

I would love nothing more than to see that vapid, platitude spouting nothing get catapulted into the sun. Fucking rat.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    The Snoop Dogg / weed comment was already shown to be comments taken out of context.

There is no perfect VP.

Only unelectable ones.

Fake laugh is just ... Jesus Christ, now we are in sexist territory. Again.

I’m going to hate a bunch of you motherfuckers by November, for sure.

I have some blocked. Time to block some more.
    ah looney tunes is being a tough guy again. Thought we weren't acknowledging each other anymore, as per you? Either keep doing so like I have, or address me directly. Lose me on that passive aggressive shit. Don't think I didn't see that post directed at me that you completely edited also.

@versusreality in some older Headlines thread (or maybe just earlier in this thread...i dont remember), I mentioned how I, like you, attempted to PM to sort stuff out & found out she blocks everyone b/c of all her past drama here. Then there was a lovely back & forth publicly. Better to just avoid at all costs.

Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    It sincerely felt like grasping as straws. Then I remembered some really scummy things I had read years ago. Turns out it is true sadly. She was sleeping with former SF mayor Willie Brown while he was still married, and he had admitted to... etc[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
    Id say first never watch Fox... it’s just a crazy propaganda outlet at this point.

then again so is CNN really, even if they agree with me.

and I don’t see this scandal going anywhere, and it surely was dissected as a liability when they vetted her. republicans can’t really run on “the sanctity of marriage,” but the political assistance is bad. Really though, you’re running against the most corrupt sack of shit on earth, I don’t see it sticking

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Thanks folks, I'll be here all week.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    People are still tweeting from his account? That's....not normal.

Mentioned
    838 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I think she's probably fine... I think if she was mad she'd be more direct. She's told me to go fuck myself a ton of times..
    Wait, when was that? In 2005? Trent Reznor did that a lot. But, yeah, I’m pretty direct. I tend to post via my iPhone and sometimes I’m a passenger in a car or something so I don’t quote, I just respond to the post above mine. I need to not do that. If I’m really pissed, I’m direct about it. You are, too. But we’re still ETS friends. It’s cool. Yeah, this place was REALLY hostile. Like a sport.

@versusreality - I never have my PMs turned on, anywhere, because I don’t like them. I’ve sent them a few times to help people here but otherwise they are always off on ETS for 16 years. Familiarity breeds contempt. No apology necessary, glad you are civil, thank you.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-13-2020 at 11:17 AM.

Mentioned
    838 Post(s)
    I emailed the Cook County Clerk about whether or not my elderly Mom could ONLY hand-deliver her mail-in ballot to the downtown Cook County Clerk's office (if she didn't trust the USPS), or were there other options.

I received this response:

If you are concerned about the Post Office returning your ballot, there are other options for you this election:

* You can hand deliver your ballot to any of our Early Voting Sites, beginning October 19 - November 2, 2020. Please check our website on October 1, 2020 for the list of Early Voting Sites in Suburban Cook County.

* You can hand deliver your ballot to your LOCAL Polling Place on Election Day - November, 3, 2020.
    I wrote back, asking if I could hand-deliver the ballot on her behalf. I received this response:

You can hand deliver her completed ballot.
    I then received a flyer from Lake County, Illinois, which indicated that this was per a law that was passed in June that affected all polling places in Illinois, statewide. But please confirm with your own County Clerk's office.

In other states, if you don't wish to vote in person but you're not comfortable with the USPS right now due to Trump's illegal meddling: Check with your own County Clerk's office about hand-delivering a mail-in ballot.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    that is some good information to have, thank you. it's good to know it can happen as early as October. EVERYONE in the country needs to know this!! he's trying to demolish the USPS, but mail in can still happen if hand delivered...fuck you Trump!!

Mentioned
    838 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    that is some good information to have, thank you. it's good to know it can happen as early as October.
    We have early voting in Illinois that starts then.

I believe an early voting decision is still pending in NJ.

Here is information for voting by mail in New Jersey: https://www.state.nj.us/state/electi...-by-mail.shtml

See also this information, Union County: https://ucnj.org/boe/make-sure-your-...-is-counted-2/

Hudson County: https://www.hudsoncountyclerk.org/el.../vote-by-mail/

New Jersey Ballot Drop Box Locations.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-13-2020 at 11:59 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    very grateful, thank you!

Mentioned
    838 Post(s)
    HOORAY!!!!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    yes!!

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    you know if this were 2019 I think more people would be voting for him and his UBI platform.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    UBI would have been great during the pandemic

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    FYI in NJ you ARE NOT automatically sent a mail-in ballot, even in COVID times. You must request one. To do so you must snail mail a paper request form to your county election office. You have the choice to request mail-in ballot(s) for A. all future elections or B. ONE election, as specified (there are boxes to check the appropriate election). You cannot fax or email application. Postage for the application is NOT prepaid however the actual ballot postage is (as of the primary election).

The above is the Cliff's Notes version, consult the website for more info. (I'm posting this because I just inquired about my status today. I'm glad I did because I thought I was setup for general election mail-in (I'm not).)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    speaking of that....

NJ gov to soon announce that November voting will be mostly mail in, with a much reduced in person polling presence:
    https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/...-announce.html

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    speaking of that....

NJ gov to soon announce that November voting will be mostly mail in, with a much reduced in person polling presence:
    https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/...-announce.html
    Thanks for this. The person I spoke to LITERALLY NINETY MINUTES AGO said nothing about this pending decision.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    No problem, this seems to have just come out and hasn't officially been announced yet but probably will be soon.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I've been trying to look for you for NY but...sorry, I also have nothing. I'll try and dig deeper

Mentioned
    838 Post(s)
    I've been trying to look for you for NY but...sorry, I also have nothing. I'll try and dig deeper
    LOTS of confusing data re NY.

https://www.elections.ny.gov/votingabsentee.html

https://www.nysenate.gov/newsroom/pr...asses-senate-0

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/ce...on-to-november

https://nypost.com/2020/08/07/propos...es-for-voters/

https://www.elections.ny.gov/CountyBoards.html

https://www.vote.nyc/page/absentee-voting

It appears that legislation allowing no-excuse absentee mail-in ballots was passed for the PRIMARIES, but no legislation has been passed like that, yet, relating to the general election.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-13-2020 at 05:25 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I don't know who it was, but someone in today's presser flat out asked Trump: "do you regret in your 3 and a half years all of your lieing and dishonesty? " Trump acted like he didn't hear it, the guy asked it again, Trump just ignored him and went to another one.

Mentioned
    838 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Yeah, that's all I've gotten myself. It seems so strange to me that no one's addressed this in a searchable format or posted something saying, "We'll get back to you shortly." Thank you.

What the fuck, New York?
    Or at least inform voters that legislation is pending? It’s awfully late to be arguing such legislation.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Id say first never watch Fox... itís just a crazy propaganda outlet at this point.
    Only put it on sometimes to see what they are conjuring up about certain topics. "Keep your enemies closer" etc.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    as pointed out in NIN Spotting, here's Ed Markey's new ad:

I think it's a great ad. Make sure to make it to the end for a nice little jab at Kennedy.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    just for fun, I want to see a reporter question Trump about his multiple donations to Harris in the past

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    hah, "I gave money to a black person, I'm not racist!!! "
    amazing
    he's an idiot

and yes, we need more reporters holding him accountable. a non-stop barrage of questions on it. sadly, he'll just end the press conferences and walk off like the little baby he is.

Mentioned
    838 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Someone already did. He said it proves he’s not racist. So, let’s just move on to having them hold him accountable for some of the shit HE’S done and is doing.
    But he’s calling Harris an angry black woman (for her treatment of Kavanaugh).

Which is, of course, a racist trope.

All these Trump ads about minorities invading the suburbs and suburban housewives (via Cory Booker, wtf) aren’t making him look less racist, either.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

what's good for the goose is an eventual months long court case for the gander, I guess?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    No problem, this seems to have just come out and hasn't officially been announced yet but probably will be soon.
    It's official: https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/...-covid-19.html

Really glad to see this and there's absolutely no reason why every state shouldn't have mail-in ballots...except...well...

Thanks again for the heads up yesterday.
    Last edited by cdm; 08-14-2020 at 10:52 AM.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)