Results 2,131 to 2,160 of 2189

Thread: 11/3/2020 - President, Senate, House, LOCAL

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

Wait...what. 2020 what are you doi...

oh. never mind.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    I must not understand something about Kentucky’s election?

Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    Trump just commuted Roger Stone's sentence. Yeah... well, great...

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Witness intimidation is fine in America. Didn't you know?

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Nothing will happen to Trump because of this.

It’s so infuriating because it’s painfully obvious what happened and who did what and why.

And they’re all going to get away with it.
    Last edited by Swykk; 07-10-2020 at 08:40 PM.

Mentioned
    828 Post(s)
    Stone knows where all the bodies are buried.

Mentioned
    828 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    I must not understand something about Kentucky’s election?
    It’s against Mitch McConnell

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    It’s against Mitch McConnell

Yes, that much I get. I just can't imagine a world in which Coulter and I would agree on a thing.

I didn't know that McConnell was working against other conservatives in other states. I'm going to have to keep reading because I'm not 100% sure why.

EDIT: Gotcha. It’s a primary thing. I stupidly assumed every primary was done.
    Last edited by Sesquipedalism; 07-10-2020 at 08:00 PM.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

Mentioned
    828 Post(s)

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

Mentioned
    828 Post(s)
    ^^ THAT is my biggest issue with voting by mail.

Not potential fraud, but the fact that the U.S. Postal Service has been totally unreliable for most of my life.

I’m AMAZED when something arrives.

In any law office that I worked at in my entire career, we NEVER mailed important documents. Ever.

Stuff too often never arrived or took forever. We either used messenger services or reliable overnight services.

I don’t even trust my own checks arriving in the mail. So why would I trust the Post Office with my ballot?

Sure, my Mom is 82 and can’t risk exposure to a pandemic.

But we have nearly a month of early voting in Illinois and that’s what I’ll be doing.

Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    Kanye is saying he wants back on the ballot again... can someone please talk some sense into him?

Mentioned
    828 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Kanye is saying he wants back on the ballot again... can someone please talk some sense into him?
    He won’t take his meds.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    It would be awesome if the media just ignored this. Grownups are trying to save the country.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    jesus...he is going to fight the fucking results

Mentioned
    828 Post(s)
    Start buying N95s. We are going to HAVE to go to the polls to insure that this isn’t disputed by him for months.
    Whatever it takes. His new Postmaster General is going to purposely delay the mail to fuck up the election that way. He’s ALREADY doing it. Trump is a cheating evil prick, do NOT vote by mail where Trump can fuck it up.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

Are we due for another sea change in politics where the Dems and Repubs switch sides? Or maybe they both break up into two parties? In the election book here there are people whose political parties are listed as "Pre-Trump Republican Party" and "Trump Republican Party" so I can totally see it happening.

Mentioned
    828 Post(s)
    Kasich is there because he won't vote for Trump, and the GOP is full of people right now who are jumping ship if only just for this election, to "save the country."

Hence groups like the Lincoln Project, etc.

Look at Biden's current economic plan, which was designed in concert with Elizabeth Warren (based almost entirely on her plan). It's progressive, but it's also Nationalist. Patriotic. It focuses on green initatives, but also with a heavy focus on made-in-America and Union, etc.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/joe-b...b63a72c3414f28

Yes, during the 1968 election, we DID see a split in both parties, due to civil rights. The Democrats in the South - a/k/a the "Dixiecrats" - quit the Democratic party and jumped ship to the Republican party due to LBJ and the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965. Likewise, Republicans who rejected the GOP's disdain for these civil rights programs jumped ship to the Democratic side. We are seeing the same thing, IN HUGE NUMBERS, right now due to Trump's embracing the Confederate flag*, his Gestapo "Law and Order" policies, and his total botching of the Covid crisis.

*See also, "Why isn't the Southern Strategy Working?"

See Elizabeth Warren re Biden's "Build Back Better"

Last edited by allegro; 07-20-2020 at 02:24 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    as each day goes by, I'm starting to think Duckworth is going to be the pick. I'm ok with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    as each day goes by, I'm starting to think Duckworth is going to be the pick. I'm ok with that.
    Biden considering four African American women for VP.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/21/polit...ent/index.html

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookster426 View Post
    Biden considering four African American women for VP.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/21/polit...ent/index.html
    "I am not committed to naming any (of the potential candidates), but the people I've named, and among them there are four Black women,"

key phrase: among them
    that means there are others

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I get that there's a lot of tire spinning and corruption among the Democrats, but Joe Biden has been at least saying words I like in the last 2 weeks. Most notably, a plan to cut power plant emissions entirely by 2035, while not absolutely perfect, is very ambitious.

And I was definitely glad for a moment to think about solving problems other than simply climbing out of the hole

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    I'm surprised by the optimistic tone of most of the Biden ads I've been seeing. It's a good/smart contrast to the "IF YOU VOTE FOR BIDEN YOU WILL DIEEEEEEEEEEEE!" stuff that's coming from the Trump camp.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    The Massachusetts Democratic primary is very interesting. Joe P. Kennedy (grandson of RFK) is challenging incumbent Ed Markey.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Markey is one of the few solid progressives in the Senate. Fuck that overly ambitious, fast speaking little Kennedy fuck. Putting Markey through a primary b/c this mealy mouthed, platitude spouting failson can't wait his turn b/c of his fucking last name is some foul shit.

Some fun things to note about Kennedy:

He had to be shamed into finally backing marijuana legalization where it was already legal in his state. Originally he was against it bc he used to be a prosecutor & thought it was a good idea to keep it illegal bc then cops could use the smell of it in cars as probable cause to search & mess with people more. Lovely.

https://www.boston.com/news/politics...-iii-marijuana

Post-George Floyd murder, who did he hire to "advise" him on racial & social justice? A fucking cop. And one with a history of ethics violations no less.

Kennedy is just another useless eastablishment shill. Talks alot, says nothing. He can fuck right off. Primary looks like it's gonna be real close.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    He had to be shamed into finally backing marijuana legalization where it was already legal in his state. Originally he was against it bc he used to be a prosecutor & thought it was a good idea to keep it illegal bc then cops could use the smell of it in cars as probable cause to search & mess with people more. Lovely.
    Because this sort of thing has done wonders for America and Americans!

Mentioned
    828 Post(s)
    IMPORTANT:
    Confirm with your county clerk, but most counties allow you to HAND-DELIVER mail-in ballots to the County Clerk’s Office, bypassing the U.S. Post Office. Some Counties have drop boxes. Check your own county clerk’s office. Avoid the Post Office!!!!

Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    The attack on the postal service is beyond the pale. Can we put together a gofundme to make sure the post office is funded to function properly through the election? I don't know, maybe Mike Bloomberg should jump in wearing his superman-billionaire cape and make sure votes aren't thrown away.

The intention is so transparent, and it should feel completely wrong to everyone, no matter what your politics are. What do you do in response to something like this? It's just insane that he's even remotely able to do this, surely there's SOMETHING we can do in response?