Page 87 of 128 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,610 of 3812

Thread: 11/08/2022, The Midterms, aka build on 2020 aka The Election Thread

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

they seem fired-up about something...

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    And even Fox is now reporting that early voting from democrats is double that of republicans. Not sure how they collect that information though...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Was early voting really a thing in 2016 though? Obviously it existed, but i dont remember hearing about it back then or it being a viable option for everyone, but everybody is doing it now because a. The pandemic, and b. Why not? Regardless, I don't think it's a fair comparison to make. The difference in total voting numbers once it's over is what I'd be curious to see.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    And even Fox is now reporting that early voting from democrats is double that of republicans. Not sure how they collect that information though...
    fear mongering. "cmon guys, we can't let them beat us, get out and vote!!"

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Exit polling. I gave an exit poll when I early voted at my precinct a few weeks ago. Also, voter registration data but to be fair, this isn't always a concrete indicator of how people are voting.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Holy hell. This guy uses a lot of words to say a lot of nothing.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Holy hell. This guy uses a lot of words to say a lot of nothing.
    Not sure what you're referring to specifically, but still, I'm reminded of this stream of consciousness mess of meandering word vomit in July 2016, and we still went on to elect him anyway.

"Look, having nuclear - my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart - you know, if you're a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world - it's true! - but when you're a conservative Republican they try - oh, do they do a number - that's why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune - you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we're a little disadvantaged - but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me - it would have been so easy, and it's not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power, and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right - who would have thought?!), but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners - now it used to be three, now it's four - but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, and they haven't figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so you know, it's gonna take them about another 150 years - but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us."

That quote is not excluding anything. That's a direct verbatim quote, from way back when we still had months left to decide whether or not this man was "presidential material."

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Billie Eilish for my Michigan, I like this

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    "change your vote" is Trump's new thing now. this is just disgusting.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    In times like these, it's videos like this one that cheer me up a little.

"Kinda hard to believe you're the hopes for the village!" ... too true. Sadly.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Everyone, you really need to see this:

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    That was really informative, thank you for sharing that

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    That was really informative, thank you for sharing that
    It really made me angry.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

This close to the election we're going to find out it was Tiffany the whole time? and that they were an ineffective tool?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

This close to the election we're going to find out it was Tiffany the whole time? and that they were an ineffective tool?
    Holy moly

[On Oct. 28, 2020, Miles Taylor, who left his position as chief of staff in the Department of Homeland Security, made public his authorship of this article. While The Times has a strict policy of protecting its sources, in this case he personally waived our agreement to keep his identity confidential. We can confirm that he is the author.]

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    How the hell do I get them to stop emailing me? I donated to Biden for the tax sticker, yeah? Now I get two - three email from info@jaimeharrison.com every fifteen minutes. I have three separate rules for it and still they come to my inbox!

This is why I don't donate, the leeches grab hold. I'm giving them 48 hours for the unsub to take.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Why the fuck would anyone in Arizona give a fuck what Nigel Farage (Mr Brexit) thinks? He’s been brought out at a Trump rally! Doing a bang up job of convincing anyone there were no links between Brexit and the Trump campaign.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    How the hell do I get them to stop emailing me? I donated to Biden for the tax sticker, yeah? Now I get two - three email from info@jaimeharrison.com every fifteen minutes. I have three separate rules for it and still they come to my inbox!

This is why I don't donate, the leeches grab hold. I'm giving them 48 hours for the unsub to take.
    I just redirect it to my spam folder. Unsubscribe just makes it worse. Mark it as spam.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Thankfully most of them do end up there - holy crap they gave my info to a lot of different campaigns - this one's wily though.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I've been getting endless texts and you can't block them all, they're coming from multiple sources. The worst was one that said "Is this right?!?! It seems you haven't donated yet to Joe and Kamala! Well, now is the time!"

UGGGGGH, fuck you guys! If I never donated, then how the hell did you all get my goddamn phone number, and won't stop texting me! Ugh, whatever I mean, thank you Mr Biden sir, I have nothing bad to say about you. You guys are wonderful. Go team Biden! Yay.

Please let this end.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Thankfully most of them do end up there - holy crap they gave my info to a lot of different campaigns - this one's wily though.
    I don't know this for sure but I believe ActBlue is the main conduit to these campaigns getting your info. Recently it seems like half of the emails I get are from actual campaigns and half are from general left-leaning PACs or whatever. It's really too much. I really hope there will be campaign finance / spending reform at some point in the not-so-distant future. I won't hold my breath though.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I've been getting a lot of random text messages too, and I haven't signed up/donated to anything political.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    ah yes, the text messages. I get both because someone signed my number up as a Republican donor sometime last year. ugh. funny story: it wasn't until recently that I realized that actual humans/volunteers are on the other end of those messages so I feel a little sorry for the people who received my invective-filled rants about where they can put that request for money to help Trump.

@cdm - I had forgotten about the PAC. Yes, the only people that should be allowed to campaign are the campaigns themselves, not third parties. If someone can afford to spend $200 million on a campaign - *cough*lyft/uber*cough* - then they can afford to use the money for something actually useful, like paying their shareholders.

Spoiler: you thought I was going to say employees, didn't you. lyft/uber don't have employees, silly. don't you know that?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    speaking of Republican donors:

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    “And fuck Lil Wayne”

LOVE this.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Lil Jon "How about fuckkkk noooooo" lmao

https://www.newsweek.com/how-about-f...-trump-1543407

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Walmart Pulls Guns, Ammo Displays in U.S. Stores, Citing Civil Unrest

I am reminded of the story about Target knowing people were pregnant before they knew they were pregnant.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

what's the secret service doing if not protecting the campaigns?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Trump plans to claim premature victory on election night:
    https://www.axios.com/trump-claim-el...fb47f613f.html