Page 68 of 128 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,040 of 3812

Thread: 11/08/2022, The Midterms, aka build on 2020 aka The Election Thread

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Sigh...Susan Rice would be f'ing terrible, but would also be exactly on-brand for Biden. She is as boring & establishment as they get, and would excite precisely no one who isn't already plugged into Dem politics & has their mind made up.
    "He (Lindsay Graham)'s a piece of shit." - Susan Rice

I guess they don't cover this on Chapo Trap House.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I'm encouraged to see numerous Republican ads against Trump.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    "He (Lindsay Graham)'s a piece of shit." - Susan Rice

I guess they don't cover this on Chapo Trap House.

You're still that mad I'm not gonna vote for Biden that you're coming for me? Don't worry man, I believe he's polling 28 points over Covfefe in NJ last time I checked.

I assume you posted a Pod Save-related link on purpose bc you were excited that you recently learned about Chapo & thought you'd get that clever dig in at me? Regardless, leave the boys alone!

Anyway, that's great that she called out Lindsey Graham & Fox a bit. How brave! Will she bring that same energy on a debate stage against Pence? Doubt it. Cuz at this point in the Trump presidency, that kind of blunt talk needs to be brought right to Trump's face as well as anyone in his admin.

I don't know why it would annoy anyone that she doesn't meet a standard progressive litmus test or at least mine. Why come at me just b/c i said so?

She's a corrupt establishment Dem insider. Your buddy gushes for whoever the current flavor of the week VP pick is (remember when the gushing was over CloutBootJar? LOL) & was touting her lovely foreign policy experience. No one would be surprised to find out that a Bernie supporter would find her foreign policy stances to be ghastly & backwards. If put into office, she will do nothing to dismantle the American military machine around the world. She will propagate it like she & her ilk did during Obama's presidency. She has kinda said otherwise in some interviews since 2016, but you know what? I don't believe her! I don't think she'll stand up to the US military machine in a way that I could actually support her. She would bring respect back to the office at least, of course I'll give her that.

And none of my strong dislike for her has anything to do with the false right wing conspiracy theory bullshit that's come out recently re: Flynn etc.

Yes, she, and Biden for that matter, are light years ahead of the bloodthirsty, criminal right wingers currently in power. Yes I sincerely hope he trounces Trump & we can move on from this stain on our country. But I won't be voting for him short of Noam F'ing Chomsky himself being the VP pick at this point, with, again, the alternate reality caveat that if I lived in a swing state...I absolutely would vote for him.

Back to Rice, her being a black woman, in the current climate especially, is basically the only thing I like about her. That would be a powerful statement, and would certainly play better than the two cops in Harris & the former police chief from Jacksonville.

Anyway, maybe I'll sign up for the Chapo Patreon & I'll let you know if they have any hot takes about Rice.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I’m voting for Biden but I agree that video is confusing in that it does absolutely nothing to disprove that Rice is centrist establishment but I get it, the progressive candidate didn’t win the nomination for...reasons (because I’ve thoroughly stated my case on that one and don’t need to list the proven and disproven reasons and who betrayed who, for what, and why).

I mean, she’s better than Klobuchar but who isn’t?

Now, sadly, it’s just about getting rid of Trump.
    Last edited by Swykk; 06-16-2020 at 09:09 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Most Democratic voters are liberal.

Yup.

And most of those voters are suburban white women.

Those are the demographics.

It is what it is.

Klobuchar was never hinted to be a heavy contender for VP, that was a myth created by anti-Democrats and Russian bots. And possibly Amy Klobuchar. Nobody knows anything about who is a true contender. They’ve barely started the process.

Btw: Noam Chomsky and Angela Davis endorsed Biden.

Edit: Looks like all the final SCOTUS decisions will be out by the end of June. This might have a huge impact on this election.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-16-2020 at 02:37 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Klobuchar was never hinted to be a heavy contender for VP, that was a myth created by anti-Democrats and Russian bots. And possibly Amy Klobuchar. Nobody knows anything about who is a true contender. They’ve barely started the process.
    Granted the chances of her getting the VP slot now are slim to none (unless the Biden campaign actually WANTS to lose), but where the hell are you getting this "she was never a contender, anti-Democrats and Russian bots made it up" stuff from? Obviously as you say our insight into this process is limited and it has only just begun, but until George Floyd's murder made Klobuchar's damning conduct in the past RE: Chauvin directly compromising, she was pretty consistently named among insiders as among those Biden was considering for a running mate. Not at a lot of 'hard' evidence that points to her being on that list but by the same token, certainly no hard evidence to indicate that her standing was entirely contrived by 'anti-Democrats' and Russian bots that I can see. Like I get that it's more comforting to think that the Democrats never seriously considered her but is it really that much of a stretch for this ticket?

At this point, whoever it ends up being, I'll be shocked if they don't go for a woman of color. To not do so would be a mistake.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I was genuinely surprised (which doesn’t happen much anymore; especially with politics) that Klobuchar was getting any kind of traction; previously I’d only seen Abrams and Harris being mentioned.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    The thought of Klobuchar herself starting that rumor is hilarious. And definitely seems within the realm of possibility for her particular brand.

(Disclaimer that no, I don't think she did it and she was getting vetted - just a "funny because it seems like it could be true" thing)

From what I'm reading, the list is essentially down to Demings, Harris, Rice, and Warren. Abrams, Klobuchar, Lance Bottoms, and Whitmer are out. Of course this early, absolutely everything is speculation and we've seen unexpected picks before. But this generally seems to be the assumed shortlist with a few outliers here and there.

If accurate, I think my preferred order would be Harris, Rice, Warren, and then Demings. Abrams was my #1 favorite, because she is young enough for the VP spot to hold legitimate value for future elections. But it sadly sounds like she is no longer in the discussion.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
    but where the hell are you getting this "she was never a contender"
    I said: "Klobuchar was never hinted to be a heavy contender for VP"

Because NOBODY in the Biden camp or the DNC is or ever was hinting at one single candidate ; Biden has only confirmed that he'd choose a woman. He's fought back at any insistence of any "hints." So, any "hinting" was strictly from armchair quarterbacks.

Any "news" is speculative bullshit. What’s “trending on Twitter” which the FBI has shown often comes from fake Russian accounts. What’s trending on Twitter, now? Howie Hawkins. Gee, what a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    The thought of Klobuchar herself starting that rumor is hilarious. And definitely seems within the realm of possibility for her particular brand.
    Well, yeah. But, Abrams was actually advertising herself for the job. Which people were losing their shit over, but I say, hey, sisters are doing it for themselves. You don't get anywhere by sitting politely waiting to be chosen for the dance. Fuck that.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-16-2020 at 07:41 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    You're still that mad I'm not gonna vote for Biden that you're coming for me? Don't worry man, I believe he's polling 28 points over Covfefe in NJ last time I checked.
    I really don't give a shit who you're voting for anymore, honestly. You can spout nonsense about NJ being a safe blue state, but you guys finally got Christie out in 2018 after giving him two straight terms, so you're not super safe as you think you are.

I shared the clip for the first ten seconds because I found it comical how oblivious you are. Yes, I'm a Crooked Stan, but that clip was reported on by the major outlets because you had the former head of the NSA calling a US Senator a piece of shit. I'm not advocating for her to be Biden's VP pick (I'd rather it be Warren out of the current field being discussed), but I just thought it was funny.

Bobbie, you're boring and predictable. I've made it clear that Biden was not my first pick and how I voted for Bernie in the OH primary and that I was bummed that I couldn't vote for Warren. Your long term memory needs improvement.

Anyway, I'd only ask you to get involved in your local elections, vote for liberal progressives and do something productive.

Enjoy giving your money to Chapo Trap House so that those goofs can keep making their angry podcasts.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Senator Amy Klobuchar just told Lawrence O’Donnell on MSNBC that she called Joe Biden last night and withdrew herself from consideration as VP and told him he needs to choose a woman of color for the VP slot.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    This is actually the final desperate phase of her self-generated Vice Presidential contender hype, in which she deploys reverse psychology in a last effort to convince Biden to pick her!

For real though, Biden should clearly pick a woman of color as his running mate and this just makes it that much more obvious.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Virtually all people with knowledge of the situation said she had been eliminated last week. But she still had to get on some YOU CAN'T FIRE ME, I QUIT type of shit. Amazing. I love it.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    But she also just put Elizabeth Warren on the white lady hot seat.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    She ain't wrong, though. And Warren would be much better as Treasury or Education Secretary.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    I really don't give a shit who you're voting for anymore, honestly. You can spout nonsense about NJ being a safe blue state, but you guys finally got Christie out in 2018 after giving him two straight terms, so you're not super safe as you think you are.

Bobbie, you're boring and predictable. I've made it clear that Biden was not my first pick and how I voted for Bernie in the OH primary and that I was bummed that I couldn't vote for Warren. Your long term memory needs improvement.

Anyway, I'd only ask you to get involved in your local elections, vote for liberal progressives and do something productive.

Enjoy giving your money to Chapo Trap House so that those goofs can keep making their angry podcasts.
    We agree on almost all issues, and I have no hostility towards you at all. Know that's the case if we continue to go back & forth.

Why is my description of NJ as safe "nonsense"? When I say I would vote for Biden if the state was in danger, I mean it. I follow this diligently bc I'm not gonna be part of a fuck-up here. Hillary won NJ by 14 points. Two years later we elected Murphy as governor fairly easily. He ran & has governed more to the left than alot of us expected him to considering his Goldman background. He currently has a 74% approval rating I believe. And Biden is polling 28 points ahead of Trump as I said. Taking all that info together, there would need to be a seismic shift in this state in a matter of months for Biden to be in trouble. Extremely unlikely, but I will be careful & keep paying attention.

I am pretty involved in my local elections imo. My wife & I sent in our mail-in primary ballots this week, voting for Bernie so he will hopefully have more delegates at the convention, and progressive Eugene Mazo (also donated to him) over empty suit Donald Payne Jr for the House. Payne will probably retain the Dem nom, but we tried. Only one person is running for our freeholder position.

Just today I donated to a bunch of progressives that have upcoming primaries, most notably Justice Dem Jamaal Bowman in the Bronx, who it looks like is gonna oust long time establishment, Dem leadership defender Elliot Engel. This will be a fantastic win next week hopefully. New poll has him up ten points over Engel, but primary polling can be unreliable.

Donated to Booker in Kentucky too. Hope he gets the nom over the corporate blecchh Dem Amy McGrath. She sucks, and considering the current climate in Kentucky, I think a progressive could oust McConnell just as well as an establishment candidate. There's a new poll out that has him over McGrath by 8 points, but it's from a progressive think tank and she has a MASSIVE $ advantage over him, so I'm still nervous.

Chapo Patreon was a joke. I love the boys but not that much. Damn right they can get angry. You should be angry too. We all should be seething w/how this country is being run from both parties.

Yes, I guess my posts can be predictable b/c I've made it clear where I stand on things & I haven't waivered much. Don't know why that's bad. I know you are rankled by people that won't suck it up & vote for Biden, but I feel like i gave a clear & nuanced answer in the past. It's not some "pox on both houses" dead-ender bullshit.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 06-19-2020 at 03:19 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    fellow Bayonne resident here- I agree with everything bobbie said. Biden is beyond safe in NJ. south Jersey has a lot of racist Trump fuckheads, but it's not even a close comparison to the northern/north east part of the state, the population of which is quadruple of the rest of the state.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Fuckshit happening in Kentucky. Look at all of these people they tried to block from voting. Makes you wonder how many left.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    (I’m crying)

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Kentucky does not allow early voting. But the bigger issue here is if you are *in line* by 6:00, they have to let you vote. They can't just shut the doors at 6:00 and call it good.

Edit - looks like they did allow for some this year on Friday, Saturday, and yesterday but it had to be at the county clerk's office and scheduled ahead of time: https://www.fox19.com/2020/06/19/in-...clerks-office/
    Last edited by Sarah K; 06-23-2020 at 10:42 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    According to KY Dems on Twitter, a record number of people did no-reason absentee ballots for the primary, which is unprecedented. The early voting dates were also unprecedented. The court prevented additional polling places because it was “too close to the election” which is just fucking bullshit. But, I guess black people have not historically voted by mail. That being said, if Republicans and a pandemic are going to fuck with the number of polling places, then we have to help black voters understand that voting by mail is the way to go. AND, organizations have to start suing way earlier and have to appeal to younger poll workers during a pandemic.

Because these same conditions WILL exist in late-October/early-November.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Thank you for making me feel less crazy. So what the fuck was with the whole week of voting? Why would you decide to tell that lie today? Fuck, I’m sick of this. Whoever said we need a Secretary of Elections might not be wrong. But that person CANNOT be an appointed office.
    We need to reinstate the entire Voting Rights Act of 1965.

But, since experiencing a racist and corrupt Attorney General, we’d need to rewrite Section 5.

https://www.justice.gov/crt/history-...ng-rights-laws

I think there needs to be a special court for this.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-24-2020 at 06:13 PM. Reason: iPhone lack of vision

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I get the idea that an impeachment right before the election could spur some voters into voting with spite but also come on!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    What a coward

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    nah, fuck that, impeach Barr. We can chew bubble gum and say "FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUUUUUUUUUUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK YOU!!!!!!!" at the same time.

EDIT: sorry, I've been having a shitty day. Anyway. I'm seeing the libertarian candidate, whose name I'm almost hesitant to name because this is all a grasp for traction and clicks... so I won't name her. Nobody knows who she is, she isn't going to win... but her campaign is encouraging her supporters to spam outlets that have a perceived liberal bias (like NYTIMES) with huge support to tell Biden voters that they have "another choice!"

I feel there's a disingenuous thing going on here... if you're a libertarian and you're trying to reach out to like minded people, why aren't you reaching out to Trump voters, Jo? Oh shit, I named her.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 06-25-2020 at 04:26 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Please, the Republican-majority Senate is NOT going to oust Barr.

The Presidential impeachment was a waste of time, and this will be, too. Trump will replace Barr with someone worse.

Focus on Covid relief, preventing voter suppression, unemployment relief, Covid testing, preventing foreign election interference, meaningful police reform, etc.

Democrats aren’t going to vote for a Libertarian, because pretty much all of these Libertarians are Republicans in “Libertarian” shrouds who caucus with / vote with Republicans (Justin Amash, Rand Paul).
    Last edited by allegro; 06-25-2020 at 07:30 PM.