Page 88 of 128 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,640 of 3812

Thread: 11/08/2022, The Midterms, aka build on 2020 aka The Election Thread

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

what's the secret service doing if not protecting the campaigns?
    They shouldn't have cancelled that event. Stupid decision.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Eminem, “Lose Yourself,” Biden!!!! Yes!!!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    Trump plans to claim premature victory on election night:
    https://www.axios.com/trump-claim-el...fb47f613f.html
    Only because of where our discourse is right now do I believe there's a Stormy Daniels quote about him and premature somewhere on twitter.

Last edited by allegate; 11-02-2020 at 01:28 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I’m actually feeling a bit sick about this election and I’m not American. I feel this whole populism ethos is being stirred up in many countries by bad faith actors on social media and the outcome of this election will show if common sense can at all prevail. Good luck everyone xxx

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    there hasn't been a lopsided victory for an incumbent since Carter lost to Reagan. Reagan had 489, Carter had 49. Carter wasn't the greatest by any means...but the fact that Trump can get wayyyy more than 49 points is just...awful.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    you know, I was thinking today: there were a lot of Republicans who didn't vote for anyone in 2016 and I bet they're pretty active this year. Or at least a non-insignificant percentage. made me feel a little bit better.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Also, keep all this in mind:

https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/IF/IF11641

November 3, 2020: General Election Day
    General election day for electors for the President and Vice President is set by law (3 U.S.C. §1) as the Tuesday after the first Monday in November in presidential election years. Voters cast a single vote for a joint ticket of their preferred candidates for President and Vice President. When they do so, they are actually voting for the electors committed to support those candidates.

November 4-December 14, 2020: Counting Popular Votes and Filing Certificates of Ascertainment
    Following election day, the states are to count and certify popular vote results according to their respective statutory and procedural requirements. When the states have completed their vote counts and ascertained the official results, the U.S. Code (3 U.S.C. §6) requires the state governors to prepare, “as soon as practicable,” documents known as Certificates of Ascertainment of the vote. The certificates must list the names of the electors chosen by the voters and the number of votes received in the popular election results, also the names of all losing candidates for elector, and the number of votes they received. Certificates of Ascertainment, which are often signed by state governors, must carry the seal of the state. One copy is forwarded to the Archivist of the United States (the Archivist), while six duplicates of the Certificate of Ascertainment must be provided to the electors by December 14, the date on which they meet.

December 8, 2020: The “Safe Harbor” Deadline
    The U.S. Code (3 U.S.C. §5) provides that if election results are contested in any state, and if the state, prior to election day, has enacted procedures to settle controversies or contests over electors and electoral votes, and if these procedures have been applied, and the results have been determined six days before the electors’ meetings, then these results are considered to be conclusive, and will apply in the counting of the electoral votes. This date, known as the “Safe Harbor” deadline, falls on December 8 in 2020. The governor of any state where there was a contest, and in which the contest was decided according to established state procedures, is required (3 U.S.C. §6) to send a certificate describing the form and manner by which the determination was made to the Archivist as soon as practicable.

December 14, 2020: Electors Vote in Their States
    Monday after the second Wednesday in December of presidential election years is set (3 U.S.C. §7) as the date on which the electors meet and vote. In 2020, the meeting is on December 14. Electoral college delegations meet separately in their respective states and the District of Columbia at places designated by their state legislature. The electors vote by paper ballot, casting one ballot for President and one for Vice President. The electors count the results and then sign six certificates, each of which contains two lists, one of which includes the electoral votes for the President, the other, electoral votes for the Vice President, each of which includes the names of persons receiving votes and the number of votes cast for them. These are known as Certificates of the Vote, which the electors are required to sign. They then pair the six Certificates of Ascertainment provided by the state governors with the Certificates of the Vote, and sign, seal, and certify them (3 U.S.C. §§8-10). The six certificates are then distributed by registered mail as follows: (1) one certificate to the President of the U.S. Senate (the Vice President); (2) two certificates to the secretary of state (or equivalent officer) of the state in which the electors met; (3) two certificates to the Archivist; and (4) one certificate to the judge of the U.S. district court of the district in which the electors met (3 U.S.C. §11).

December 23, 2020: Certificates Must Be Delivered to the Designated Officials
    Certificates of electoral vote results must be delivered to above mentioned officers by the fourth Wednesday in December, in 2020, by December 23 (3 U.S.C. §12).

Failure to Deliver Certificates by December 23
    If the certificates from any state have not been delivered by December 23, 2020, the President of the Senate, or in their absence the Archivist, is required to request the secretary of state or equivalent officer in that state to send one of the copies they hold to the President of the Senate by registered mail (3 U.S.C. §12, 13). The Code also directs them to send a messenger to the judge of the U.S. district court in the state directing the judge to transmit the certificate they hold by “hand ... to the seat of government.”

January 6, 2021: Joint Session of Congress to Count Electoral Votes and Declare Election Results Meets On January 6, or another date set by law, the Senate and House of Representatives assemble at 1:00 p.m. in a joint session at the Capitol, in the House chamber, to count the electoral votes and declare the results (3 U.S.C. §15). The Vice President presides as President of the Senate. The Vice President opens the certificates and presents them to four tellers, two from each chamber. The tellers read and make a list of the returns. When the votes have been ascertained and counted, the tellers transmit them to the Vice President. If one of the tickets has received a majority of 270 or more electoral votes, the Vice President announces the results, which “shall be deemed a sufficient declaration of the persons, if any, elected President and Vice President.”

January 20, 2021: Presidential Inauguration
    On this date, the President and Vice President are to be inaugurated. The Twentieth Amendment set the date for inaugurations as January 20, beginning in 1937. Since 1981, the ceremony has, with one exception, been held on the West Front of the Capitol. The Vice President takes the oath first, followed at noon by the President

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I clicked on that link... and I bought a 1 year subscription to the NYT.

I BLAME YOU FOR THIS.

Also: while Biden is being a badass who plays Eminem in his ads, the Idiot in Chief is playing My Heart Will Go On at his rallies. Nobody told him that this song is from a movie about a big ass ship that sinks?

I'm Canadian and I've never felt this concerned about an election. I'm going to watch this tomorrow night and drink beer. And I hate beer.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm not really a drinker (haven't had anything since mid-March) but have decided I am most likely going to have to have something tomorrow.

going to invite my gf over. maybe watch a movie, play some video games...try to keep my mind off it as long as possible.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    My husband got a bottle of 2008 Dom Pérignon. 2008 was a banner year for champagne, and 8 is my lucky number. It’s my birthday.

Biden will take Michigan.

Biden will take Wisconsin.

Biden might take Ohio.

Biden might take Pennsylvania.

Biden might take FLORIDA.

I think Biden will take Nevada, Arizona, Colorado. Maybe Montana.

James Carville says that Biden is going to win Georgia. And possibly South Carolina.

I really want Texas. Sure, it’s slim but it’s my dream.

And I want a giant Senate Democratic majority.

I realize that people are terrified of prognostications, but fuck it.

I’m ready, bring it on!!

GO OUT AND VOTE! LET’S GET RID OF TRUMP!!
    Last edited by allegro; 11-02-2020 at 10:54 PM.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    My husband got a bottle of 2008 Dom Pérignon. 2008 was a banner year for champagne.
    "Dom Pérignon... it is."

Let’s hope the takedown is as dramatic as Caan taking down Annie Wilkes.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Happy (?) General Election Day to my neighbors to the south!

I'm Canadian and I have no place telling any American what to do, all i hope and wish for is your health, safety and that you vote wisely.
    Best of luck to everyone from here on out!

Now speaking only for myself, in an alternate universe where I'm a United States citizen you bet your ass I'd be voting Biden/Harris.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I am praying that FL turns blue this year.
    I would LOVE for Texas to go blue as well. That would just light up my life.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Good luck to our neighbors to the north, I’ll be drinking some cerveza on this occasion!

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Top news story this election morning: “Lil Pump threatens to leave US if Biden wins”

I don’t know who Lil Pump is... seriously, Lil Pump
    well whatever Lil Pump, fuck you, whoever you are, start packing

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    the kids love Lil Pump.

however, Trump called him "Little Pimp" at his rally last night. hah.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'm honestly hoping for the best for all you guys and girls in the states! I'm anxious as fuck i hate to think how you are all feeling!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    My husband got a bottle of 2008 Dom Pérignon. 2008 was a banner year for champagne, and 8 is my lucky number. It’s my birthday.

Biden will take Michigan.

Biden will take Wisconsin.

Biden might take Ohio.

Biden might take Pennsylvania.

Biden might take FLORIDA.

I think Biden will take Nevada, Arizona, Colorado. Maybe Montana.

James Carville says that Biden is going to win Georgia. And possibly South Carolina.

I really want Texas. Sure, it’s slim but it’s my dream.

And I want a giant Senate Democratic majority.

I realize that people are terrified of prognostications, but fuck it.

I’m ready, bring it on!!

GO OUT AND VOTE! LET’S GET RID OF TRUMP!!
    happy birthday allegro!

i’m in georgia. there’s lots of talk about georgia going blue. fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Top news story this election morning: “Lil Pump threatens to leave US if Biden wins”

Lil Pump is the type of person to blame 3 imaginary black men when he accidentally discharges his firearm:

Pump — whose real name is Gazzy Garcia — called police and alleged three black men had tried to break into his San Fernando Valley home — and that the would-be trespassers fired a single shot through the front door, the LAPD said.

Police were "immediately suspicious" about Pump's story, and said they arrived on the scene around 4:20 p.m. to find that the door's lone bullet hole came from inside the home, not outside as the rapper had claimed.
    https://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...icle-1.3823089

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

Is it considered edgy and cool to support Trump these days? Maybe a rapper supporting Trump in 2020 is the gen z version of rockers worshipping satan in the 80s and 90s. Either way, fuck this dumbass.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Another Canuck here wishing you the best of luck, guys. End this. I know you can do it.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Voted for Joe Biden today. Never been so happy to vote for someone so lame.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Voted for Joe Biden today. Never been so happy to vote for someone so lame.
    This so much.
    Although legal marijuana was also on the ballot so hopefully some good comes of my vote.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    the kids love Lil Pump.

however, Trump called him "Little Pimp" at his rally last night. hah.
    THANK YOU for finally giving context to all the "Little Pimp" posts on twitter. none linked to anything, just subtweet galore.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

one down!

Last edited by allegate; 11-03-2020 at 10:10 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    happy birthday allegro!
    No sorry, today isn’t my birthday; 8 (January) is my birthday, hence why it’s (ridiculously) my “lucky number” for the champagne vintage for celebration tonight. I guess that was a poorly-worded paragraph, sorry.

Yes, LET’S WIN GEORGIA!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by allegro; 11-03-2020 at 01:09 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    happy birthday allegro!

i’m in georgia. there’s lots of talk about georgia going blue. fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tomorrow is mine, let us join in a birthday freakout

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    This so much.
    Although legal marijuana was also on the ballot so hopefully some good comes of my vote.

I am so glad that marijuana is legal here. It is 9 am and I am starting this day off correctly.