Page 85 of 128 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,550 of 3812

Thread: 11/08/2022, The Midterms, aka build on 2020 aka The Election Thread

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    What does that mean, when the news crosses? Does that mean that they just have this in their pocket in case it happens?
    yes. there's actually people hired by various news outlets to write articles on folks when they pass...before they pass. same with situations like this.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Margaret Thatcher would be spinning in her grave looking at that Kamala Harris debate so would Indira Ghandi and Golda Meir. infantilizing their gender as a weapon was not an option back then.
    really ominous signals. i fucking tell you.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Making Margaret Thatcher spin in her grave is a badge of honor.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    Margaret Thatcher would be spinning in her grave...
    Yeah? And? So? What?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Lindsay Graham refuses covid test. his debate was cancelled because of it.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...-sh&soc_trk=fb
    “I heard that the commission a little while ago changed the debate style, and that’s not acceptable to us. I beat [Biden] easily in the first debate, according to the polls that I’ve seen,” Trump said. “But I beat him easily, I felt I beat him easily. I think he felt it, too. He wouldn’t answer any questions and he had the protection of Chris Wallace all night long. I thought Chris Wallace was a disaster.”Trump continued, “But I beat him in the first debate. At the second debate, we had a never-Trumper as a host, but that’s OK because I beat [Biden] in the second debate also.”

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    Lindsay Graham refuses covid test. his debate was cancelled because of it.
    watching this dingleberry beg for money on Fox News was so cringy....fuck him and the horse he rode in on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    watching this dingleberry beg for money on Fox News was so cringy....fuck him and the horse he rode in on.
    Is he begging for money AGAIN? I think he's done that twice in the last 2 weeks. So fucking pathetic.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volk View Post
    Is he begging for money AGAIN? I think he's done that twice in the last 2 weeks. So fucking pathetic.

also, still no updates on Chris Christie?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Christie was finally released from the hospital today

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    The crush on this woman. It is endless.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

The California Republican Party has admitted responsibility for placing more than 50 deceptively labeled “official” drop boxes for mail-in ballots in Los Angeles, Fresno and Orange Counties — an action that state officials said was illegal and could lead to voter fraud.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Love to risk a pinch for felony voter fraud in crucial swing states such as <checks notes> California.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Ok, who gave Trump scissors?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    started teaching the election to my 7th grade special ed students. they're loving it so far! even grasping the concept of the electoral votes.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Love to risk a pinch for felony voter fraud in crucial swing states such as <checks notes> California.
    I hope they spend some really confusing years in prison

started teaching the election to my 7th grade special ed students. they're loving it so far! even grasping the concept of the electoral votes.
    They’re doing better than me. I’ve heard a few explanations that attempt to justify the existence of the electoral college in the modern world and none of them make any sense to me
    Last edited by Jinsai; 10-14-2020 at 08:45 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    It doesn't make much sense, but they at least understand the math of how to get to 270 and the concept of battlegrounds/swing states.
    "oh, so that's why Biden and Trump are always going to Florida, they can get 29 points" said one of my students this morning. proud moment. they struggled with basic addition last year!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Have a disability (it's up to the individual voter to decide if they meet this requirement and cannot be asked what their disability is, but the courts have ruled susceptibility to COVID-19 cannot be considered a disability)

How awesome would it be if millions of Texans suddenly developed bone spurs.
    saw this elsewhere and it gave me a chuckle.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...-one-word-poll

POLL: AMERICANS THINK DONALD TRUMP IS A “HORRIBLE” “DISGUSTING” “PUTINESQUE” “ASS”

They additionally think he’s a “racist,” “despicable,” “corrupt,” “antichrist.”

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Poll my ass. He has massive support in rural areas, and I think he can still win those key states. It's not over yet.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Poll my ass. He has massive support in rural areas, and I think he can still win those key states. It's not over yet.
    I agree. it's really going to come down to a few states in the electoral votes. I fear Trump will win Florida (29 points) . Texas too (38 points) . I hope PA (20 points) goes to Biden, but even I'm not so sure of that.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...hall-nbc-miami

excellent article about the 'event' last night.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Voted early today. Nearly a two hour wait, but I won't complain since I know people are waiting a lot longer in some places. I only hope it was worth it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    My husband and I voted absentee this year because we did not want to risk getting some poor election judge (they're usually retirees in my area) sick due to the pandemic. However, because of the problems with the Post Office we decided to drop off our ballots at the drop box outside of City Hall. My state has a way to check ballot status online. Our ballots have been received and will be counted.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I agree. it's really going to come down to a few states in the electoral votes. I fear Trump will win Florida (29 points) . Texas too (38 points) . I hope PA (20 points) goes to Biden, but even I'm not so sure of that.
    I think Texas is a long shot, but Florida is a complete toss up, and if Trump loses Florida he’s done.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I think Texas is a long shot, but Florida is a complete toss up, and if Trump loses Florida he’s done.
    Yes! We keep thinking that Florida is ALL Trump-land, but it went to Obama twice if I recall correctly, so there's hope

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Got my ballot yesterday, voted today. If you can't be bothered to give them even a short description of what your platform is for the voter's handbook, why did you bother to run? It cost money, so are you fleecing someone?

Charter Review Commissioner (At-Large) Position No. 3
    No photo submitted
    Bridgette Fahnbulleh
    No biographical information, candidate statement, or contact information submitted
    And if you put in there that you're a Reagan Republican and then proceed to type like Trump I'm going to disagree with your initial assessment.

I voted mostly Democratic, except for those exceptions noted above. Fruity pebble descriptions are always a no, as are the ones where your only experience is Sunday School teacher and that you're not a career politician so vote for me!

Anyway, I don't think I get an "I Voted!" sticker because it's all mail-in ballots here. Maybe if I drop it off at the right place?
    Last edited by allegate; 10-17-2020 at 12:50 PM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

Anyway, I don't think I get an "I Voted!" sticker because it's all mail-in ballots here. Maybe if I drop it off at the right place?
    My mail-in ballot came with a sticker, for all that's worth