Page 106 of 107 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,180 of 3192

Thread: 11/08/2022, The Midterms, aka build on 2020 aka The Election Thread

Mentioned
    915 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1ke View Post
    Or by convincing those whose rights they're taking away, that the democrats are just as bad and that burning the country to the ground is the only way to have meaningful change. That's why a lot of them voted for Trump in the first place.

They felt so disenfranchised that they wanted to see the country burned down, and they've definitely made it a very real possibility.
    These people are Trumpists. They’re not truly Republicans. They’re Authoritarians.

But, here’s some interesting points:

1) The people who voted Republican in 2020 always vote Republican, and against Democrats; this was not a vote for Trump. This is the way they always vote. They have been strictly anti-Democrat since Newt Gingrich.

2) After January 6th, many Republican voters jumped ship from the Republican (now Trump) party; most will not become Democrats, most will not vote 3rd party; most simply will not vote (per their very public statements) unless someone other than Trump takes back the Republican Party.

3) Liz Cheney is positioning herself to be the Republican leader; the GOP has already indicated that there will be a primary; non-Trump voters are getting behind Cheney. President George W Bush, who hasn’t been involved in politics in over 12 years, is involved in a fundraiser for Liz Cheney.

4) Liz Cheney is on the House January 6th Committee. Liz Cheney was on “60 Minutes” recently. Democrats don’t have to do anything. The Republican Party is imploding. It’s estimated that roughly 38% of the Republican Party WERE Trump enthusiasts prior to January 6th. On Twitter, Democrats and Republicans are actually rooting for Liz Cheney. Because she’s standing up to Satan. Splintering the GOP (or the ultimate creation of a third party, whatever the fuck they do) can only help the Republic from falling into the grips of authoritarianism.

Last edited by allegro; 10-02-2021 at 10:20 PM.

Mentioned
    915 Post(s)
    Or by convincing those whose rights they're taking away, that the democrats are just as bad
    I’d like to address this separately, since you’re Canadian (and I’m from Detroit).

A very very SMALL percentage of black people, in the U.S., believe - or can be convinced - that the party that has taken or attempted to take nearly everything away from them, or has prevented them from rights like voting or speech or civil rights or the right to good schools or healthcare etc., and is the party that is trying to actively KILL THEM (Republicans) is actually helping them in any way.

It’s like the indigenous people in your country suddenly voting for Catholics.

The Candace Owens and Kanye West types etc. are simply in it for the money. Period.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-02-2021 at 10:21 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Obviously what is happening right now with our two most disgusting Democratic Senators is infuriating and downright revolting. Manchin has a long and established history of driving the party rightward and being the absolute worst, and Sinema's loathsome, histrionic antics so brazenly disregard any political future she could have (Republicans may cheer her on for fucking up Democrats but they will never support her, even if she switched parties) that it's hard to think of her as anything but a sociopathic narcissist inhaling as much corrupt corporate money and attention as she can, no matter how unsustainable her model. They are horrendous human beings and a disgrace to the people they represent, not to mention the people they don't represent but are jeopardizing the future of nonetheless.

That being said I am very pleased to see Pelosi and Biden siding with progressives and standing firm that the Build Big Better Act / reconciliation bill pass before the infrastructure bill, so that the centrist Democrats can't pass the infrastructure bill, claim victory for themselves and bipartisanship, and then slink away when the time comes to vote on BBB. There are some rough midterm waters headed the way of the Democrats, and even more centrist Democrats know that the best approach to those challenges is to buckle down and swing for something that might actually make an impression on voters, that might make some meaningful headway toward the policies and vision that the country overwhelmingly voted for in 2020. What the centrists are working for, a bipartisan infrastructure victory while a more impactful enacting of Biden's proposed legacy gets scuttled, would be a disaster for the Dems in the midterms. Talk about the perfect move to depress the turnout of Democratic voters - "we can't accomplish anything, please vote for us again." And besides it being the savvy political move, much more importantly, it's just the right fucking thing to do, so it is giving me some measure of pleasure to read that weasel Josh Gottheimer fume over Pelosi helping Biden re-link the two bills and seeing Biden all but directly call out Manchin and Sinema.

Mentioned
    915 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
    Yaaas!

Mentioned
    567 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    WHO is complacent? WHERE?

You live in the middle of a sea of red. YOUR STATE just BANNED abortion. Women have to go OUT OF STATE to get an abortion. YOUR STATE has been THE number one driver behind overturning Roe. Now OTHER states are doing the same, harming more girls and women. Shame on Texas. Shame on anyone in Texas who isn’t out there actively trying to CHANGE Texas.

Democrats have been pushing TWO voters’ right bills to SAVE our Republic.

Today we saw Women’s March across the country.

There’s currently a COMMITTEE in the House investigating January 6th. TRUMP people are pissed? That’s rich, because there are nearly 90 MILLION who are EVEN MORE PISSED.

Black people who are brutalized by police and losing voting rights. Women who are losing the rights to their own bodies. Brown people who are marginalized. White people who don’t want to live in an autocracy.

I don’t see any complacency anywhere on the left.

Start paying more attention.

The GOP in California orchestrated a Governor recall; the media ate it up, warning of Dem voter complacency, disinterest, etc.

The end result was an annihilation. Newsom got more votes than he got when he was elected,

The only way that the GOP can win is by CHEATING. Rigged voting laws, decreased polling stations, etc.

Beto is running for Governor in Texas. The guy has literally been spending two years knocking on doors registering young Texans to vote.

And you are on a message board, warning of doom and gloom from your bed. Dude, we’re really close friends. And I know you know better than this. You’re smarter than this.

If you don’t like what you see or the direction things are going, GO OUT AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Because YOU are at GROUND ZERO of the location WHY this country is so fucked up. Get your ass up and go make a change, like others are doing.

I’ll HELP YOU!!!

My Senators? One is an Asian-American female vet who got both her legs blown off in Iraq. The other is Dick Durban (who got me tickets to the White House when I asked, LOL). I live in a state where the right to have an abortion is LAW. Chicago minimum wage is $15/hour. As of 2021, minimum wage is $11 an hour in Illinois for standard workers, $6.60 an hour for tipped workers, and $8.50 an hour for workers under the age of 18 who work less than 650 hours per calendar year. And Election Day is a HOLIDAY.

There isn’t any complacency, here. We work hard for these rights.
    It sounds like you're blaming ME, PERSONALLY, for the actions of a long standing Texan Republican supermajority. I'm not in on these decisions, obviously. I love the grand pageantry, beauty, and spirit of Texas. I do NOT, however, bear any responsibility for for the idiotic decisions coming from its government (in which the right is overrepresented.)

As far as "doing something about it?
    This IS Ground Zero for right wing fuckery, and that's part of the problem.
    I TRIED organizing the NINE other people in my county who didn't vote for Trump. They weren't interested.
    This is literally the most Republican district in the union, and the handful of closeted liberals here aren't exactly interested in trying to change the minds of a mindless, ill informed, MASSIVE majority. They don't even really want their NAMES out there, at least in my county.
    I belong to a Facebook group called Panhandle Democrats.
    I make my ideology clear online.
    I vote. In a LOT of the down ballot races, democrats don't bother RUNNING. I leave those blank.
    I write my representatives on a weekly basis, and ask for replies, EVERY time. I never receive them.

There isn't much more i, personally, can do, from here. If it were 30/70 or, hell, even 10/90, that would be different. But when less than ONE percent of people in your region agree with your position? It's a bit trickier. When you're in a 1 to 99 majority, you're KIND of fucked.

I'm not exactly sure what more I could be doing. Am I supposed to have a protest by myself?

I'm not saying it's easy to enact change and promote ideas anywhere. I'm DAMN sure not trying to take away from such work.
    BUT it's a HELL of a lot easier to do it in Chicago or Denver or Houston, where you aren't trying to do it quite literally BY YOURSELF.

Complacency? I see it in the media who is underestimating the Trump phenomenon. It seems like they're only NOW, FINALLY starting to realize where this is possibly headed. Please don't think I'm trying to take away from the work being done: hell, my sister in law started an NGO political organization in Denver and is often in Washington for protests.
    But I also see complacency on SOCIAL media. I even see it on this message board at times. So many people think that Trumpism was a fluke, and a bullet we dodged, and that's all over now, when they NEED to be planning to vote in the midterm as if the future of democracy ITSELF hangs in the balance, because, it DOES.

WINNING BY CHEATING: That's quite obviously what they're attempting to do, and I think it's going to WORK. Voter suppression bills are being enacted all over the damn place. Trump loyalists are running for offices they COULD attempt to use to overturn future elections. And he's trying to run this fucking "shadow presidency," and acting like the 2020 campaign is still in full swing.
    And if Biden's numbers are anything like they are now this time NEXT year, we're going to be losing a hell of a lot more than 3 house seats.
    If a comprehensive voting bill isn't passed, SOON, I don't see the GOP, (who is overrepresented at the Federal level, too,) losing anytime soon.

You told me to pay attention. I AM. I spend WAY too much time watching political news, reading opinion pieces, following polls. And THAT is the main thing that scares me. I see a plan taking shape for long term minority rule and a country full of right wing judges, including SCOTUS. Trump knows damn well he lost the election. The Big Lie isnt really about 2020. This is about planting seeds for near-unshakable right wing power going FORWARD. It's about Trump 2024, and a Trumpist majority in both chambers. This looks like a long game soft coup. This is what I see.

And, again:
    I follow Beto's Powered By People. I vote. I've tried organizing in this county and failed. I don't have the finances to go march and protest in a place with likeminded people. I write my elected officials weekly. I participate in left wing movements online. I made sure my CHURCH knows I'm liberal, which is pretty damn bold in this area.
    So, again: if there is ANY other way I could participate politically, let me know, SERIOUSLY.

Biden's got till the end of 2022 to do whatever he hopes to do.

You can call me pessimistic or cynical, but i'm just calling it like I see it.
    Last edited by elevenism; 10-03-2021 at 04:11 AM.

Mentioned
    915 Post(s)
    Biden can’t “fix” states that are trying to rig local elections.

Congress can, via new voters rights laws. But two Senators (guess which two) are holding those two bills up from a non-filibustered vote (via being bundled into a reconciliation bill) by being assholes.

Presidents don’t create laws, they enforce laws. Only Congress creates laws. Biden has been spending day and night attempting to get two corporate shills posing as Senators to help American citizens. The whole world doesn’t rest on Biden’s shoulders any more than the whole state of Texas rests on yours.

Young voters are the future. New voters getting registered. You can’t change people who are idiots or who are brainwashed. But many young people disagree with the direction this country is going. Maybe not in your neighborhood; but your neighborhood has very few voters. The bigger groups of voters are what’s needed to change things.

You are only on Facebook. You’re not on Twitter. You don’t see that aspect of social media. Sitting around worrying about what the media feeds you will only cause you anxiety. The media makes a lot of money from people that way. Turn it all off for a while. Really, it won’t get worse just because you stop watching it. Plenty of Texans in big voting areas are out there doing lots about it.

Last edited by allegro; 10-03-2021 at 12:11 PM.

Mentioned
    490 Post(s)
    what @allegro is pointing out about voter allegiance is sadly true... but the real truth, as far as I can discern, is that disaffected GOP-party-line voters are now coyly just calling themselves Libertarians and when they creep into the voting booth, they vote for the Republican. It's lame hand washing bullshit, and on the side it distances itself from some of the nuttier stuff, like religion and abortion and prostitution and drugs... stuff they generally don't care about.... just like how they don't care about anyone else except themselves, and those issues aren't really a big deal to them, it's just a lie to get people on the band wagons. For a minute there, even Bill Maher was dumb enough to call himself a libertarian because he wanted them to legalize pot.

Anyway, fuck libertarians.

Mentioned
    567 Post(s)
    Biden can’t “fix” states that are trying to rig local elections.

Congress can, via new voters rights laws. But two Senators (guess which two) are holding those two bills up from a non-filibustered vote (via being bundled into a reconciliation bill) by being assholes.

Presidents don’t create laws, they enforce laws. Only Congress creates laws. Biden has been spending day and night attempting to get two corporate shills posing as Senators to help American citizens. The whole world doesn’t rest on Biden’s shoulders any more than the whole state of Texas rests on yours.

Young voters are the future. New voters getting registered. You can’t change people who are idiots or who are brainwashed. But many young people disagree with the direction this country is going. Maybe not in your neighborhood; but your neighborhood has very few voters. The bigger groups of voters are what’s needed to change things.

You are only on Facebook. You’re not on Twitter. You don’t see that aspect of social media. Sitting around worrying about what the media feeds you will only cause you anxiety. The media makes a lot of money from people that way. Turn it all off for a while. Really, it won’t get worse just because you stop watching it...
    Ha, I PROBABLY should turn it off for awhile.

As far as Biden having until 2022, though, i'm talking about getting ANY of his agenda happening, like, AT ALL. You know how midterms go, especially if the president has a negative approval rating. We're pretty much GOING to lose the house and the Senate.
    I know people are standing up in Texas metro areas, and I am at least optimistic regarding the new generation.

Hell, there's a trans kid working at one of the few little stores here.

ALSO, I do see a scenario where the right is shooting itself in the foot with this attack on women's rights, and that's pro-life single issue voters.
    It may not be a HUGE number of people, but I could certainly see a lot of religious pro life college educated soccer moms, Catholic Hispanic folks, and especially people with less income, who are basically single issue voters thinking "well, they've got the abortion thing on lock. Now I can finally vote for better healthcare, higher minimum wage, better policing, etc."

This issue is also unleashing some real, serious anger. That's a good thing. The GOP has been the party of anger for most of my life: "MAD AS HELL AND NOT GONNA TAKE IT FUUUUUUCK." You know, that sort of thing.
    WE need to get mad.
    I hate to say it, but we might need to stop with the "we're not stooping to their level."

We need to be playing Rage Against the Machine songs at the DNC.

See? I'm not ALL doom and gloom

I think the pendulum will swing back, @allegro . I really do. But I'm afraid it might be awhile.

I just hope enough of these 16 and 17 year olds who will be 18 by next year understand how important these midterms are, and ESPECIALLY, that they do NOT assume a second term for Biden is inevitable. Yes, the over represented Authoritarian Dictatorsh...I mean...Republican party IS blatantly cheating, this administration ain't exactly knocking it out of the park in terms of public opinion, and the return of Trump in 2024 is LITERALLY mixed up with the return of Jesus in the minds of a lot of these people.

GOD I wish Obama could run again, or the ghost of either Kennedy.

Mentioned
    915 Post(s)
    Look up the 1998 midterms.

And 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Anyway, fuck libertarians.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if we see some heavy-hitter Republican jump ship to become registered capital-I Independents and say they’re libertarians, just to avoid being called Republican right now because there’s such a huge stink on Republicans (due to idiots like Trump and Cawthorn and MTG and Boebert and Gosar ).

Joe Walsh was a Tea Party Rep. in the Chicago affluent burbs. He ran for President in 2020. 2 years ago, he became an Independent. Now he calls himself “politically homeless.” He will likely votes Independent for President AND in local elections. He claims he’s libertarian, likely because he’s socially liberal (but pro life).

Last edited by allegro; 10-03-2021 at 10:25 PM.

Mentioned
    567 Post(s)
    Look up the 1998 midterms.

And 2002
    I don't need to look them up to know that Joe Biden is no Bill "Comeback Kid" Clinton, and that we're not reeling from an unprecedented political unification due to an unprecedented terror attack.

I'll tell you what. I'll LITERALLY eat my hat, or at least a couple of bites of it, if the Democratic party maintains control of both chambers of congress in the midterms, with the exception being that I don't have to eat it if there's a terror attack on par with 9/11, a natural disaster causing mass casualties, or WW3 begins.

If none of those things happen, and we don't lose ONE seat in the senate, or three in the house, (where I think we'll be losing more like thirty,) I will film myself literally eating part of my hat, with cheese.

I'm not trying to be some doomsayer.
    I'm just being realistic.

Furthermore, I don't see many Republican lawmakers jumping ship. Trump is running a shadow presidency. His blessing is what gives them power, STILL.

Do you really think these people value integrity over power and money?

Mentioned
    915 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Do you really think these people value integrity over power and money?
    Even Democrats don’t value integrity over power and money. Nearly everyone in Congress become loaded after getting there.

Most Republicans in Congress can’t stand Trump. But they want to avoid controversy, to keep their jobs. That’s why most of them don’t even mention Trump these days.

Only a relative few are still openly on the Trump Crazy Train (“the election was stolen,” the “Jan 6 people are Patriots,” etc.).

Redistricting is going to be key in the midterms.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-03-2021 at 11:29 PM.

Mentioned
    567 Post(s)
    Good points, especially this grim observation.
    Even Democrats don’t value integrity over power and money. Nearly everyone in Congress become loaded after getting there.
    As far as the trump.crazy train, in August, a poll found that TWO THIRDS of Republicans think the election was stolen, though. Edit: (damn lies, white lies, and statistics, I know. But it's still creepy.)
    One thing that scares me about these midterms is the Trump backed people who.are running for Secretary of State positions. These are people who could ACTUALLY rig future elections.
    It's true that democrats can be just as slimy and power hungry as republicans. Hell, it takes SOME degree of narcissism to run for public office, and literal psychopaths often do well in elected positions.
    But I only see one side incessantly chipping away at public confidence while actively taking legal measures to rig voting infrastructure in their favor.
    It seems that trump and his ilk would like to, well...end American democracy, or at least drastically bastardize and pervert it.
    OR, it's JUST trump and a handful of assholes with these goals, and the GOP is falling in line for fear of being on the bad end of one of his quips.

I honestly think a lot of the establishment saw him as a useful idiot who could appoint conservative judges and such, and then be left behind. But they created a monster.
    Last edited by elevenism; 10-04-2021 at 11:48 AM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

Chalk this one up to "whoopsie-daisy" for Bernie.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

Mentioned
    915 Post(s)
    That guy becomes more and more full of crap every day. It's sad.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

oh darn?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

11/08/2022, The Midterms, aka build on 2020 aka The Election Thread

Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

oh darn?
    itís a weird strategy but sounds like payback to the republicans for not helping him with his election fraud claims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    567 Post(s)
    Wait. @sweeterthan , am I understanding this correctly? Is he threatening to.tell Republicans not to vote?

Because, I mean, YEAH. That would be fucking AWESOME. Right there with you, Trump, old buddy!

Holy Jesus, I thought this "election fraud" thing, at least by NOW, was a way for Republicans to pass legislation ensuring that they don't lose anything at all in the near future.

I didn't know this fucking lunatic BELIEVED it. I mean, he can't REALLY believe it, that he won...right?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Wait. @sweeterthan , am I understanding this correctly? Is he threatening to.tell Republicans not to vote?

Because, I mean, YEAH. That would be fucking AWESOME. Right there with you, Trump, old buddy!

Holy Jesus, I thought this "election fraud" thing, at least by NOW, was a way for Republicans to pass legislation ensuring that they don't lose anything at all in the near future.

I didn't know this fucking lunatic BELIEVED it. I mean, he can't REALLY believe it, that he won...right?
    I'm pretty sure that Mary Trump described him as the only person she knew who could successfully gaslight themselves, so he probably does.

Also, I laughed my ass off when someone called him Mango Unchained.

Mentioned
    915 Post(s)
    What the fuck is an opposing perspective? Other than, you know, "Mein Kampf?"

Mentioned
    567 Post(s)

Hahahaha I JUST SAW THAT piece of news.

I woke up at about 4:50, and I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing.

Good god. This Texas patriotism thing...i'm gonna wind up losing it. And it's gonna hurt.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

Ah yes, the ol' "teach the controversy" defense. I remember having to deal with that in high school. Our biology teacher couldn't talk about evolution without talking about intelligent design too. Next kids will have to learn that some people think the earth is flat and that the moon is made of cheese. You know, just to be fair.

Mentioned
    915 Post(s)

TFG really believes he should be reinstated, and that the current guy is an imposter.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...-fraud-1633255

According to this poll, 1 in 5 Republican believe that Trump will be reinstated:

https://today.yougov.com/topics/poli...ump-reinstated

Trump at Iowa: Hillary conceded; I never conceded.

His expected move-in date already passed:
    Last edited by allegro; 10-15-2021 at 09:32 AM.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    I remember before he was elected that he thought the 2016 election would be rigged against him and he would lose. It's his whole thing. He's not self-aware enough to understand that he could lose fair and square. It's like playing a board game with a kid. Whenever they lose, they always say "No fair! You cheated!" Trumpy is just a big, dumb, narcissistic rich kid who has whipped up a fanbase that will listen to his every word. He can't disappear because he knows he'll lose his flock. The thing that scares him the most is being irrelevant. He's believed all his life that he's special and important and should always be part of the conversation. Unfortunately, we let him be part of the conversation for decades. He was always a joke, but nobody ever stood up and said "Hey, maybe we don't need to be giving this clown so much attention".

Mentioned
    915 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    he thought the 2016 election would be rigged against him and he would lose. It's his whole thing. He's not self-aware enough to understand that he could lose fair and square.
    I read his niece’s book; she says he’s always been this way: A guy who refuses to lose, and if he ever DOES lose, he didn’t, it was something wrong or someone’s fault. His giant ego cannot accept defeat, in any form. He cannot accept any form of humiliation.

This is why the RNC made the BIGGEST mistake by even ALLOWING him to be a candidate in the first place: Because he was never going to accept losing; if he lost, he was going to take the entire election system and democracy down with him, and because he’s like that, he’s willing to lie, cheat and steal to win.

His niece says all of this stems from her grandfather, how he treated his kids. Fred Trump was truly an awful man. Mary Trump’s book really does shed a lot of light on what (who) “created” DJT: Fred Trump.

Yes, he absolutely feeds on constant attention. He’s gotten it his entire life. He was pampered and praised, then figured out how to manipulate the media to get attention. Twitter took away his audience, now he’s suing Twitter (that’s not likely to be successful).
    Last edited by allegro; 10-15-2021 at 10:02 AM.

Mentioned
    915 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

Chalk this one up to "whoopsie-daisy" for Bernie.
    not so cut & dry:

https://www.reformer.com/local-news/...3f49456f4.html

Mentioned
    567 Post(s)
    I know his supporters think he's playing 9D Chess or whatever.

I REALLY honestly thought that he was trying to erode democracy, for his own power, yes, but for the PARTY.

This goes back to my useful idiot theory, if he REALLY thinks he won, and the fact that the establishment unwittingly created a monster.

It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out in the midterms. MOST R house and senators parrot whatever Donald trump says, because they know that the nutjob/lunatic segment of his base is what's keeping them in power. There's no way they all BELIEVE this shit, right? I mean, most of them, aside from a handful of people like MTG, are just fucking SCARED of losing the King's Favor, and by proxy, the favor of the base. Edit: i'm talking about the 20% @allegro mentioned who still think Captain Asshole will be reinstated, not to mention the, I wanna say 2/3 who think the election was "stolen."
    Remember. These are people who were chanting HANG MIKE PENCE and built an actual gallows. Trump sure didn't have to say much to set off THAT vendetta.

(Although, looking at the 2020 numbers, it's clear that SOME people voted for Biden, but voted Red down ballot.)

But, STILL. What if Donald Trump keeps going with this and literally continues telling people NOT to VOTE next year. ALL I CAN FIGURE is that he's making this threat because he still somehow thinks he can be reinstated.
    So he's basically saying "reinstate me or I'll set the party on self destruct mode?"

And, who will be the first Republicans running in 22 to say "um, hey...actually, if you want to achieve a partisan majority, I'm gonna need youse guys to go against our Dear Leader and go ahead and DO vote for me?"

I love it. They'd be labeled traitors and not see the inside of a statehouse for the foreseeable future, OR, lose because they go along with Trump's boycott thing, and a significant portion of Republicans sit the midterms out.

(Always remember, though: there might be a method to this madness. This might be some fucking long game cooked up by people like Stone and Bannon, who know EXACTLY what they're doing.)
    Last edited by elevenism; 10-18-2021 at 07:15 AM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I know his supporters think he's playing 9D Chess or whatever.

I REALLY honestly thought that he was trying to erode democracy, for his own power, yes, but for the PARTY.

This goes back to my useful idiot theory, if he REALLY thinks he won, and the fact that the establishment unwittingly created a monster.

It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out in the midterms. MOST R house and senators parrot whatever Donald trump says, because they know that the nutjob/lunatic segment of his base is what's keeping them in power. There's no way they all BELIEVE this shit, right? I mean, most of them, aside from a handful of people like MTG, are just fucking SCARED of losing the King's Favor, and by proxy, the favor of the base. Edit: i'm talking about the 20% @allegro mentioned who still think Captain Asshole will be reinstated, not to mention the, I wanna say 2/3 who think the election was "stolen."
    Remember. These are people who were chanting HANG MIKE PENCE and built an actual gallows. Trump sure didn't have to say much to set off THAT vendetta.

(Although, looking at the 2020 numbers, it's clear that SOME people voted for Biden, but voted Red down ballot.)

But, STILL. What if Donald Trump keeps going with this and literally continues telling people NOT to VOTE next year. ALL I CAN FIGURE is that he's making this threat because he still somehow thinks he can be reinstated.
    So he's basically saying "reinstate me or I'll set the party on self destruct mode?"

And, who will be the first Republicans running in 22 to say "um, hey...actually, if you want to achieve a partisan majority, I'm gonna need youse guys to go against our Dear Leader and go ahead and DO vote for me?"

I love it. They'd be labeled traitors and not see the inside of a statehouse for the foreseeable future, OR, lose because they go along with Trump's boycott thing, and a significant portion of Republicans sit the midterms out.

(Always remember, though: there might be a method to this madness. This might be some fucking long game cooked up by people like Stone and Bannon, who know EXACTLY what they're doing.)
    The long game is to just keep gaslighting and insisting he won. He wants the republicans to join him in the gaslighting. He'll support candidates who will claim he won, and he'll denounce any that won't get loud and angry about it.

It's just narcissistic abuse. Keep telling people over and over again that they can't believe what they can plainly see, so that they start to trust you more than they trust themselves.

That's his long game. That's it, right there. His long game is to gaslight the whole country.

Mentioned
    567 Post(s)
    The long game is to just keep gaslighting and insisting he won. He wants the republicans to join him in the gaslighting. He'll support candidates who will claim he won, and he'll denounce any that won't get loud and angry about it.

It's just narcissistic abuse. Keep telling people over and over again that they can't believe what they can plainly see, so that they start to trust you more than they trust themselves.

That's his long game. That's it, right there. His long game is to gaslight the whole country.
    OH. And there's also, of course, the possibility that pro trump.candidates could replace any Republican lawmaker who WON'T get loud and angry, in the primaries. I didn't think of that.

But still: there's a chance of this costing them at least a FEW seats.

It probably won't though, damn it. In fact, it will likely galvanize these bastards.