Page 121 of 128 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,630 of 3812

Thread: 11/08/2022, The Midterms, aka build on 2020 aka The Election Thread

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    My Mom has Alzheimer’s. It takes about 10 years for the cognitive effects of Alzheimer’s to move into the mid range where it becomes truly apparent. My mom’s had it at least 10 years, and she can’t type anymore or organize her own pill container, but she’s up to 2000 per game in Expert level of Microsoft Klondike Solitaire, blasts through a book of Circle-a-Word per week, and still reads and responds to email. She does great on her quarterly Montreal cognitive tests.
    Anecdotal. I have an issue with an 86 year-old holding the launch codes.

I plan on voting for the (D) no matter who the nominee is, but for me his age is an issue. I've said my piece.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Herschel Walker is a vampire?

"I don't know if you know, but vampires are some cool people, are they not?" the congressional candidate said. "But let me tell you something that I found out: A werewolf can kill a vampire. Did you know that? I never knew that."

"So, I don't want to be a vampire anymore," Walker added, without further context. "I want to be a werewolf."

Sounds like a great winning platform for someone running for the U.S. Senate. /s

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    this is what i’m dealing with here. folks will vote for him despite this weird little diatribe because of football. i know someone who even named their damn dog after him. i can guess who that jerk voted for.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Well, shit.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    no surprise there

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I was thinking 2024 might look like

Biden (or Newsom) (D)

Ron DeSantis (R)

Donald Trump (I)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    One additional good thing that came from the midterm election is Illinois voters passed a referendum for a worker’s rights amendment to the Illinois constitution, granting a “fundamental right” of employees to bargain over “wages, hours, and working conditions, and to protect their economic welfare and safety at work.”

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Yup yup gotta love it haahahahaaaa

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRQTqyRm/

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Yup yup gotta love it haahahahaaaa

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRQTqyRm/
    Oh yeah, always love Chinese propaganda. I thought tik tok was getting banned. Not that the message doesn't resonate. I've been thinking about starting an anti-social media platform. Like "shut the fuck up, who cares what you think" whenever someone posts something.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I've been going on and on about a red tidal wave.

The Mrs is begging me to keep up with my theories, I THINK, because she's convinced that whatever I say, that the opposite will happen.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

craziest thing I've read today

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I've been going on and on about a red tidal wave.

The Mrs is begging me to keep up with my theories, I THINK, because she's convinced that whatever I say, that the opposite will happen.
    You're like The Secret, but in reverse ; whatever your mind summons the universe listens, and answers "fuck no" !

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Trump meets with Kanye and white nationlist for dinner:
    https://www.axios.com/2022/11/25/tru...entes-ye-kanye

Chris Christie positioning himself for a run, rips into Trump:
    https://www.nj.com/politics/2022/11/...ald-trump.html

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    Trump meets with Kanye and white nationlist for dinner:

Chris Christie positioning himself for a run, rips into Trump:
    https://www.nj.com/politics/2022/11/...ald-trump.html
    Christie would bring his own pork barrel to the White House.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Yeahhhhhh... so Kanye has dinner at Mar A Lago w/ Trump (along with some random millennial white supremacist) and then, I guess last night, Tweeted that he's going to be running for president in 2024?

FFS

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Yeahhhhhh... so Kanye has dinner at Mar A Lago w/ Trump (along with some random millennial white supremacist) and then, I guess last night, Tweeted that he's going to be running for president in 2024?

FFS
    That white supremacist was Nick Fuentes

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Fuentes

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Holy shit, this is powerful:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRCaJhK1/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

FFS
    Does Kanye realize that the white supremacists are only using him and will toss him aside as soon as he is no longer useful to them?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Holy shit, this is powerful:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRCaJhK1/
    +999,999

I'm stealing "Y'all ain't ready for me today" for my next soapbox.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    2024 poll

Obviously these polls are a snapshot in time and don't mean anything, yet. Still, they are interesting. Biden beats Trump by six points, yet DeSantis beats Biden by four. For a small sliver of the electorate that will decide the election, it's all about personality and presentation. I know this is obvious, but it's so fucking sad when so much is at stake.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Holy shit, breaking news:

Per WaPo:

Appeals court strikes down special master in Trump Mar-a-Lago documents case
. The three-judge panel in Atlanta said that the special master case “must be dismissed.”

December 1, 2022 at 4:42 p.m.

Federal appeals court panel on Thursday halted an outside review of thousands of documents seized from former president Donald Trump’s Florida residence, ruling that a lower-court judge was wrong to appoint an expert to decide whether any of the material should be shielded from criminal investigators.

Trump sought the outside arbiter, known as a special master, after the FBI executed a court-approved search of Mar-a-Lago, his home and private club, on Aug. 8, retrieving more than 13,000 documents related to Trump’s time in the White House. About 100 of the documents were classified, and some contained extremely sensitive government secrets, according to court records.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I wonder which is more likely: they think that the 'lower-court judge' was wrong or that the special master wasn't going the way they'd hoped.

After the railroad shit yesterday I'm just that much more cynical today.
    Last edited by allegate; 12-01-2022 at 06:09 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I wonder which is more likely: they think that the 'lower-court judge' was wrong or that the special master wasn't going the way they'd hoped.

After the railroad shit yesterday I'm just that much more cynical today.
    It’s the former. The appellate court didn’t like the precedent, which was expected by legal experts immediately.

From WaPo:
    But special master appointments are rare, and judges at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit expressed concern at oral arguments that Cannon’s decision set a troubling precedent: allowing the target of a search warrant to go into court and request a special master that could interfere with an executive branch investigation before an indictment is ever issued.

The judges — two of whom were nominated by Trump -- did not back down from that stance in their written opinion Thursday. They said they could not issue an order that would “allow any subject of a search warrant to block government investigations after the execution of the warrant.”

“Nor can we write a rule that allows only former presidents to do so,” the Thursday opinion read. “Either approach would be a radical reordering of our caselaw limiting the federal courts’ involvement in criminal investigations. And both would violate bedrock separation-of-powers limitations.”
During oral arguments, government attorney Sopan Joshi called the decision to name a special master an “intrusion” on the executive branch.
    Railroad shit?

Let’s take a look back in history:
    https://www.npr.org/2021/08/05/10250...ic-controllers
    Last edited by allegro; 12-01-2022 at 07:01 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    that's cool that the court did that, I'm glad they saw reason.

As for the air traffic controllers, I remember that all too well. and when they deigned to name that fucking airport after him...Jesus Christ. slap in the face.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    that's cool that the court did that, I'm glad they saw reason.

As for the air traffic controllers, I remember that all too well. and when they deigned to name that fucking airport after him...Jesus Christ. slap in the face.
    My husband was 20 years old and a college student, working his first and only job as a stock boy at a liquor store when that happened. He was working towards a degree in music, and his grandma suggested he apply for a job as an air traffic controller as a “back-up plan.” He got the job and retired 35 years later.

The fact is, air traffic controllers sign (even back then) an employment agreement barring them from striking.

Because striking is illegal: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/5/7311#

Basically because they’re essential employees and the government would shut down, and it would endanger the world economy.

That’s why they got fired.

Railroad workers, same thing.
    Last edited by allegro; 12-02-2022 at 11:39 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Warnock leads Walker by 4 points, 52% to 48%.

White voters remain broadly behind Walker ahead of Tuesday’s election: 69% support him, with 30% backing Warnock...

Why are White guys so dumb and vote for these assholes?
    Last edited by GulDukat; 12-02-2022 at 08:14 AM.