A post shared by on

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Good morning.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

2018.07.14 - Madrid, Spain @ Mad Cool Festival

Somewhat Damaged stays for me a special opener.
    Short: the place was right (main stage on a very special festival), the sound was excellent (personally the best from what I’ve seen this year).
    The gig was filmed and directly showed on screens (black/white) shot by the festival crew, with the guy who was filming this tour on stage (forgot his name) too. He did some awesome job by shooting the band aggressively. Awesome.

For me the best show of my ‘six pack’ this year together with London - London - Paris

Last edited by witte; 07-15-2018 at 02:46 AM.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Work before they started.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Some pics from my shitty iPhone

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

2018.07.14 - Madrid, Spain @ Mad Cool Festival

This was a great NIN year in the EU for me with an excellent closer in Madrid.

And happy I finally met @willgaspari

Last edited by witte; 07-15-2018 at 02:21 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was my first NIN concert ever. Needles to say I'm absolutely blown away.

Enjoy it while it's there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Loved the festival, hated the whole stupid VIP wristband bullshit. The whole of the right side was only accessible with one of these wristbands and the left side was absolutely rammed as a result. No room to move at all and it felt very uncomfortable at times particularly during the faster numbers. I looked across the barrier over to the right and it was nowhere near to capacity. A stupid policy which was inconsistent as well. There was no such VIP restriction for Depeche Mode on the other big stage.
    Trent said he doesn't know if they'll ever play Europe again which was a little disconcerting!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Full show here
    BTW Robin sounds great on Shit Mirror

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scardwel View Post
    Loved the festival, hated the whole stupid VIP wristband bullshit. The whole of the right side was only accessible with one of these wristbands and the left side was absolutely rammed as a result. No room to move at all and it felt very uncomfortable at times particularly during the faster numbers. I looked across the barrier over to the right and it was nowhere near to capacity. A stupid policy which was inconsistent as well. There was no such VIP restriction for Depeche Mode on the other big stage.
    Trent said he doesn't know if they'll ever play Europe again which was a little disconcerting!
    There was a VIP restriction for DM too. But, as it also happened with NIN, they let people in after a couple of songs.

(Edit: note that I can't remember if the VIP area was already full before DM started, but there was definitely one)
    Last edited by Shunt; 07-16-2018 at 01:37 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was there!! Amazing show!

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shunt View Post
    There was a VIP restriction for DM too. But, as it also happened with NIN, they let people in after a couple of songs.

(Edit: note that I can't remember if the VIP area was already full before DM started, but there was definitely one)
    People who tried to get in the VIP area were rejected. So no, also during the gig no entrance there.

I see the comment of Trent as: take it as you can maybe it will be the last concert in the EU and maybe not. It's an open end.
    In London he told us:'this is where I'm doing it for, now I see you all here'.
    He never will stop making music and he never will stop playing live. It only will be different....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Aha so there was VIP shit for DM as well. That must've been on the left side of that stage. I got into that area earlier in the day to see Wolf Alice. They checked my wristband but let me through, which is probably why I thought there was no VIP for DM...
    Trent's comment kinda made me sad. They don't tour all that often over here and Trent has four young children now, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's 'it'.
    The whole live stream is up on Dimeadozen btw.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    On a day and weekend with so many great bands playing NIN found a way to stand out as they always do. This was my 10th ever NIN show, first one (and probably the last one) outside of the US. As we know the festival was kind of a shitshow but for me personally this lineup hit home more than any lineup I've ever seen, that's why I incorporated a Euro vacation with the focal point being going to this event.

NIN's usage of the video screens was a complete game changer, the live action shots made everything feel so much more intimate than a usual festival. QOTSA, Depeche Mode, NIN, and Underworld all within a 7-8 hour span, I don't think I'll ever have a day like that again in my life. Looking forward to seeing NIN back on my home turf in October and oh yeah fuck Massive Attack!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    This was my first NIN concert ever. Needles to say I'm absolutely blown away.

Enjoy it while it's there
    Thanks for the link! Man, that footage is GREAT and makes me so excited for the show I'm seeing in the fall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    People who tried to get in the VIP area were rejected. So no, also during the gig no entrance there.

I see the comment of Trent as: take it as you can maybe it will be the last concert in the EU and maybe not. It's an open end.
    In London he told us:'this is where I'm doing it for, now I see you all here'.
    He never will stop making music and he never will stop playing live. It only will be different....
    I can't contradict you, as I wasn't near the VIP area, but I've read from several users in a general music forum, as well as from some spanish media that they opened it for NIN.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I can't contradict you, as I wasn't near the VIP area, but I've read from several users in a general music forum, as well as from some spanish media that they opened it for NIN.
    I know some people who could enter the VIP area after the second song.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    This was a great NIN year in the EU for me with an excellent closer in Madrid.

And happy I finally met @willgaspari

Happy I was able to finally meet you as well, friend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Better quality video without audio failures:

It seems that hurt was not recorded