Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Castle Rock

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Am I the only one watching season two? Because, damn it's good. And there was a huge twist in tonight's episode and I don't know how it didn't leak.

And Tim Robbins went back to Shawshank too!

So much nerding to be done...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Am I the only one watching season two? Because, damn it's good. And there was a huge twist in tonight's episode and I don't know how it didn't leak.

And Tim Robbins went back to Shawshank too!

So much nerding to be done...
    i have a bunch of friends who are king fanatics (they do the losers club podcast) and a lot of them feel like this season is more fanfic and less its own story that just happens to be set in the world king created. my wife sarah has read a bunch of the books and doesn't feel that way, though, and i haven't read a single one of the books. we're both loving the season.

some people have also complained that lizzie caplan is just doing a sub-par kathy bates as annie impression, but i disagree. sarah and i watched misery right before we started the season and i feel like lizzie is simply embodying the character and very much doing her own thing with annie.

oh, and about the twist: Spoiler: when they showed the recap and there was a section that showed that woman inside the thinny from last season, i had a feeling henry was going to come into play. and then as soon as i saw the statue, i knew it was alternate timeline henry and even said so out loud, so the reveal was less surprising but still very impactful. and the sense of dread during that scene at the parade was intense.
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 12-07-2019 at 04:07 PM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    This season is going very song, another great episode this week! I love how it slowly tying to the main plot of Season 1 (and hopefully adds an extra dimension to it, and makes it less underwhelming).

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    ^^

Agreed. They are expanding King's universe quite cleverly. By the way, I don't believe that The Kid is an existing character in King's lore, like Randall Flagg; I think he's an original character to the series and that his purpose and the extent of his powers are yet to be revealed.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    ^^
    Yeah and I'm pissed about it. Now, we'll never know who/what The Kid really was.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Wow, i'm really bummed. I have 3 episodes of season 2 left, and Lizzie Caplan is doing some absolutely incredible acting here. Just knocking every scene out of the park. Love the craziness of all these disparate King properties being mashed together really successfully too.