0 Post(s)

Cool The Raid

How does this not have a thread?
    Also known as The Raid: Redemption. It's an Indonesian martial arts film

Looks BAD ASS.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    ^ I know!

I was watching a string of featured trailers on imdb about a week ago and buried in the middle of it they had a whole 10 minute "Making Of..." featurette for this movie and it looked fucking INTENSE.

Blew my fucking mind and I can't WAIT to see it!

Just checked there and YT and I can't seem to find it but it was pretty much this but longer and with some different stuff:

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm dying to see this.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Saw this tonight with my buddy. Got lucky and noticed it was playing locally a few days ago. Not sure if it's still gonna be playing by next weekend, so I'm glad I saw it now.

Wow. I was smiling ear-to-ear, trying to contain my laughter/glee, during a lot of this movie's action. By the time the 4-on-1 machete fight ended, I felt I got my money's worth.

This movie surprised me in some ways, too. I was expecting a pretty relentless action-fest, with no breathing room whatsoever, and was pleased to see that The Raid was actually very well balanced with some genuinely tension-filled scenes in between the balls-out fights. The movie establishes early on that it doesn't pull punches, so when one character has another at gun-point, you don't know what's gonna happen - I even had trouble looking at the screen occasionally. The other up-side of that is that the action sequences don't lose their luster when you have time to recoup.

So yeah, if you've ever considered yourself a fan of good action cinema, this is essential viewing. I only wish I could see this with a packed crowd because I came very close to applauding by the end of the last fight. Instead I just giggled to myself I was so entertained.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I shit my pants like 8 times during this incredible incredible fucking film.

HOLY SHIT Spoiler: Mad Dog's Death!? That was fucking. AWESOME.

There were about 15 people in the theater and we were all losing our minds the entire time. When it was over I just wanted to stand up and high five everyone.