Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
I finally somehow just thought of this question, and there is obviously no way that I can be the only one. It also definitely fits in this thread.

Anyway, how did it feel for you when you find somebody you know on ETS, or any other online community for that matter on the Internet or real life where you finally hear their real voice, and it just blows your mind at least for a few moments? (And by then you just clearly read their posts in their real voices from there on out?)

I know it's simply because now I finally know what the actual voice sounds like, but of course, I have no other option but to make up a voice for everybody else I haven't heard at all whenever I read their posts. I've always done it, but I think it's also just a habit with the brain being wired to do that anyway.

But yes, I just got amused at the thought yet again, because I always took it for granted. Not to mention, it would be kind of funny bringing up the topic of, "I thought that you actually sounded like this, but..." or "I imagined that you sounded like this, but..."
unless someone has posted a picture of themselves, i picture everyone as their avatars, so when i met p_rez at the saturday chicago show, i had always just imagined him as a piece of with teeth era artwork haha