Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Random General Questions

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    So, for real, what's the best way to upload pics?

Imagur or however you spell it isn't working

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    there's a lot of tremendously creative people on this board. does anyone have any interest / desire to possibly assist my band in making a music video? would be for $.

shoot me a PM.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

Imagur or however you spell it isn't working
    Your Imgur account got hacked or, more likely, you forgot your password. Try this first:

Go to the Imgur login page and see this, and choose the forgot password option:

Then, on the next screen (looks like this):

enter the email address you used (or, at least, the one you think you used) for your Imgur account, and then Imgur will send you a reset password email to that email account. If they have no record of that email, Imgur will tell you, then start over and use another of your email accounts or, somebody hacked your account and changed your email but that is HIGHLY unlikely.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    assaulting someone
    I somehow missed the "grabbed my throat" part of Volband's post. Yeah, that's not allowed/acceptable/excused, like, ever.

I've always used Photobucket. I also still have a Betamax.
    Last edited by Baphomette; 01-02-2016 at 09:36 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    I've always used Photobucket.
    I use it, too. It's free and easy.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Your Imgur account got hacked or, more likely, you forgot your password. Try this first:

Go to the Imgur login page and see this, and choose the forgot password option:

Then, on the next screen (looks like this):

enter the email address you used (or, at least, the one you think you used) for your Imgur account, and then Imgur will send you a reset password email to that email account. If they have no record of that email, Imgur will tell you, then start over and use another of your email accounts or, somebody hacked your account and changed your email but that is HIGHLY unlikely.
    i think it must just be some kind of glitch, because it sends me a reset password code and then tells me that the code is invalid. fuckers.

i'll try photobucket, especially if that's what you and @Miss Baphomette BOTH use

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    i think it must just be some kind of glitch, because it sends me a reset password code and then tells me that the code is invalid. fuckers.

i'll try photobucket, especially if that's what you and @Miss Baphomette BOTH use
    Are you logging in with the email address and reset password code or what you thought was your user name (which may be wrong) and reset password code? Use your FULL EMAIL ADDRESS (that you used to obtain the reset password code) and reset password code. The password code would only be invalid in combination with wrong user name or email address.

I suspect this site would not allow you to use your normal login name(s) because it/they were already taken, but you forgot that and are now attempting to use one.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-03-2016 at 09:39 AM.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Are you logging in with the email address and reset password code or what you thought was your user name (which may be wrong) and reset password code? Use your FULL EMAIL ADDRESS (that you used to obtain the reset password code) and reset password code. The password code would only be invalid in combination with wrong user name or email address.

I suspect this site would not allow you to use your normal login name(s) because it/they were already taken, but you forgot that and are now attempting to use one.
    i understand your logic, and of course, appreciate your concern, however, i am using my full email address. It then sends me a code to use to reset the password, and then tells me that the code is invalid

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    there's a lot of tremendously creative people on this board. does anyone have any interest / desire to possibly assist my band in making a music video? would be for $.

shoot me a PM.

Thanks!
    I had an idea for making videos.
    There are thousands and thousands of hours of video out there that are free to use for whatever you want.
    i think i'm going to edit some of that type of video together, along with a few shots of me playing and singing.

just an idea.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    i understand your logic, and of course, appreciate your concern, however, i am using my full email address. It then sends me a code to use to reset the password, and then tells me that the code is invalid
    Weird ... I just pretended to not know my password, and it sent me a LINK (not a code) and also told me my user name:

which I clicked on, which took me to a page where I could enter a new password, which worked just fine.

I can't believe I just wasted at least 20 minutes of my life on this.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-03-2016 at 11:43 AM.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Weird ... I just pretended to not know my password, and it sent me a LINK (not a code) and also told me my user name:

which I clicked on, which took me to a page where I could enter a new password, which worked just fine.

I can't believe I just wasted at least 20 minutes of my life on this.
    trying to help a friend who holds you in high esteem is not a waste of your life.

also, if i can't post pics anymore, you won't be able to make fun of my hair.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-03-2016 at 12:48 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    trying to help a friend who holds you in high esteem is not a waste of your life.
    It is when we aren't really friends and I have about 8,000 emergencies happening in my real life.

Which is why my main New Year's Resolution is to Unplug

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    It is when we aren't really friends and I have about 8,000 emergencies happening in my real life.

Which is why my main New Year's Resolution is to Unplug
    ahhh.
    now i understand.

Edit: on second thought, ouch.
    you can call me a pussy or a bitch i guess, but that REALLY hurt, @allegro .

ANYWAY.
    So as to get the thread back on track, has anyone read Only Revolutions by Mark Z. Danielewski?
    It SAYS it's a novel on the cover, but it APPEARS to be a 360 page epic poem with a fucking sidebar of news updates from the 1960s and 1860s. Also, you can start reading it from either side (meaning that half of the text on each page is upside down.)
    Never in my life have i wanted to read something so badly and yet had an insanely hard time reading it, having to force myself to take in a few pages a day.

If anyone has read it, what is the strategy? Is there a trick to it?
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-03-2016 at 11:31 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I had an idea for making videos.
    There are thousands and thousands of hours of video out there that are free to use for whatever you want.
    i think i'm going to edit some of that type of video together, along with a few shots of me playing and singing.

just an idea.
    thanks dude
    alas, video is really not my forte and I've got a billion other things I'm trying to manage, so I'm trying to outsource this to someone who knows how to do it / has a vision. But I appreciate the idea!

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    thanks dude
    alas, video is really not my forte and I've got a billion other things I'm trying to manage, so I'm trying to outsource this to someone who knows how to do it / has a vision. But I appreciate the idea!
    i'm gonna go for it i think.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    ahhh.
    now i understand.

Edit: on second thought, ouch.
    you can call me a pussy or a bitch i guess, but that REALLY hurt, @allegro .

ANYWAY.
    So as to get the thread back on track, has anyone read Only Revolutions by Mark Z. Danielewski?
    It SAYS it's a novel on the cover, but it APPEARS to be a 360 page epic poem with a fucking sidebar of news updates from the 1960s and 1860s. Also, you can start reading it from either side (meaning that half of the text on each page is upside down.)
    Never in my life have i wanted to read something so badly and yet had an insanely hard time reading it, having to force myself to take in a few pages a day.

If anyone has read it, what is the strategy? Is there a trick to it?
    You are braver than I am. I read about 10 pages and gave up. but it is a beautiful book all around. Have you read house of leaves?

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    I apologize in advance. This post

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbookpress1984 View Post
    You are braver than I am. I read about 10 pages and gave up. but it is a beautiful book all around. Have you read house of leaves?
    Oh yes @Blackbookpress1984 .
    I ADORED House of Leaves, although it took a couple of tries for me to really get into it.
    This fall, however, i finally read it properly.
    . You don't just read it, you LIVE with it (in my case,) and it permeates multiple aspects of your life. You integrate it into your consciousness, and i swear to god i found bizarre synchronicities between the book and actual events that i was living at the time.
    It was an unparalleled vehicle for metaphor that took up residence in my head for a couple of weeks and still hasn't moved out entirely. It's a haunted and hauntING journey into the very heart of the human condition. I WOULD say that it was the best novel i've ever read, except i don't know if I can even rightly call it a novel. I don't know WHAT in the fuck you call House of Leaves, because no one has ever written anything like it.
    Edit: i know this sounds insane, but i really truly think that the book is THAT good.
    Which brought me to Only Revolutions. I was expecting more of the same, you know? I was expecting GENIUS!
    And maybe it's in there somewhere! Like i said, i didn't get rolling on HoL until the third time i went at it.
    I AM reading that motherfucker, lol. I AM reading it, damnit!

Here's my RGQ, narrowly keeping the thread on track (sorry you guys, i know this book review is pushing it :/ )
    Has anyone read anything by Mark Z. Danielewski other than House of Leaves, and if so, is any of it on par with HoL?
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-05-2016 at 03:50 PM.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    I apologize in advance. This post

Oh yes @Blackbookpress1984 .
    I ADORED House of Leaves, although it took a couple of tries for me to really get into it.
    This fall, however, i finally read it properly.
    . You don't just read it, you LIVE with it (in my case,) and it permeates multiple aspects of your life. You integrate it into your consciousness, and i swear to god i found bizarre synchronicities between the book and actual events that i was living at the time.
    It was an unparalleled vehicle for metaphor that took up residence in my head for a couple of weeks and still hasn't moved out entirely. It's a haunted and hauntING journey into the very heart of the human condition. I WOULD say that it was the best novel i've ever read, except i don't know if I can even rightly call it a novel. I don't know WHAT in the fuck you call House of Leaves, because no one has ever written anything like it.
    Edit: i know this sounds insane, but i really truly think that the book is THAT good.
    Which brought me to Only Revolutions. I was expecting more of the same, you know? I was expecting GENIUS!
    And maybe it's in there somewhere! Like i said, i didn't get rolling on HoL until the third time i went at it.
    I AM reading that motherfucker, lol. I AM reading it, damnit!

Here's my RGQ, narrowly keeping the thread on track (sorry you guys, i know this book review is pushing it :/ )
    Has anyone read anything by Mark Z. Danielewski other than House of Leaves, and if so, is any of it on par with HoL?
    You HOL Was solid. I've read it 4 times now.

I did also read the Whales toe letters (Don't waste your time)
    and the 50 year sword. The 50 year sword as ok. Another strange format. Good luck finding it though. Shits been out of print for years.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    What's the best app to view this site on an Android phone?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    House of Leaves was a pretty cool, interesting book, but Only Revolutions is stupid nonsense. The "poetic" prose is just awful and cringe-worthy. You'd be better off re-reading House of Leaves than wasting your time on Only Revolutions. Or, for that matter, you'd be better off reading some other totally awesome book, like, I don't know, One Hundred Years of Solitude.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    @allegro - What are your favorite e-mail providers/services so far? Which one would you highly recommend out of all them?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    @allegro - What are your favorite e-mail providers/services so far? Which one would you highly recommend out of all them?
    Gmail. ...

Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    What's the best app to view this site on an Android phone?
    Tapatalk.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-09-2016 at 11:54 PM.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    @allegro - do you love me?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    @allegro - do you love me?
    No.

You know me, I hate everyone.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    No.

You know me, I hate everyone.

Will you ever use an avatar again?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Any one here big on the whole fung shei way of living? I'm about to start moving into an apartment and I've been doing a bit of reading online and I'm interested in representing the elements in a balanced way. It's an interesting way of guiding my aesthetic decisions without putting much thought into "is this my success direction?!" Anyways, my question was about website/book recommendation regarding this subject, even if it's a historic account of this practice rather than "10 tips for your bathroom!" thing that's all over the web.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halloween View Post
    Any one here big on the whole fung shei way of living? I'm about to start moving into an apartment and I've been doing a bit of reading online and I'm interested in representing the elements in a balanced way. It's an interesting way of guiding my aesthetic decisions without putting much thought into "is this my success direction?!" Anyways, my question was about website/book recommendation regarding this subject, even if it's a historic account of this practice rather than "10 tips for your bathroom!" thing that's all over the web.
    All's I know is that shit is REALLY hard to follow if you are going to be strict with it (like all the rules about mirrors, and all the rules about your entryway, etc.) then you are supposed to analyze your home's baguas and stuff, people pay big money to feng shui consultants, probably because there is TOO MUCH info both "out there" and involved in feng shui.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-25-2016 at 07:56 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    No, I'm not going to be strict about this at all. I did more reading and sort of decided that I'm just going to follow the basic idea of representing elements, not having crazy strong colors in my bedroom, and just focus on having a good "space" that's easy to walk around- to "flow" around. I decided against painting my walls so that makes it easy to keep my color coordination down to my furniture and stuff. I'm already not big on clutter, so I think it'll be all good. *Shrug* I have given some thought to things they mention which I think makes sense, psychology and interior-design wise, but ultimately it seems pretty flexible, seems to partly depend on who I am and what kind of space I want/am comfortable in so I'm not really going to fall into the fung shui as heavily as some people do.
    Last edited by halloween; 01-25-2016 at 08:22 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    mix the elements! you plus whatever inspires you equals alchemy. no matter what. i have asian, catholic, vintage boobies, rock and roll, lithos, and modern art all in 1000ish sq. feet.

deco goes amazing in the kitchen!
    Last edited by ldopa; 01-26-2016 at 12:06 AM. Reason: art

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    @Kris i tried to reply to the (many) messages you sent me last week, but you turned off the ability to message you for some reason.

i have been sick for two weeks, my wife was in the hospital for 11 hours last monday, and i just didn't have the time/energy/desire to get into a big theological religious discussion with you. so i'm sorry that me not responding within an hour of you sending me three novel-length messages upset you, but please try to be a little more patient with people before jumping to big conclusions.