Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Random General Questions

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Where is the best place to get 12" vinyl shipping boxes to send them out once people have won my auctions? Perhaps you know, @heavenly_bearded ?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    There should be someone local on eBay selling them quite cheap. I buy plastic postage bags on ebay for the same reason.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Where is the best place to get 12" vinyl shipping boxes to send them out once people have won my auctions? Perhaps you know, @heavenly_bearded ?
    Here in MN we have Cheapo used and new CD and record shops. Most times they get their record shipments on Friday for Tuesday releases. I go in on Saturday and they have a bunch of them for about a buck each. That's where I got all of mine when I sold off my vinyl.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    if you lived near me i'd just give you some of the 60 or so i have sitting in my dining room >.<

anyway, your local record store should have plenty.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    So Rob Zombie released an extended version of his single Dead City Radio And The New Gods Of Supertown. The official YT channel uploaded a video of the vinyl playing and I ripped the audio to MP3, though there is one slight skip in it towards the middle-to-end section. I haven't heard back from @dlb yet to see if he can fix it, but I know there are a lot of audio savvy people here. Can anyone help out at all? PM me for the mp3 and we can go from there. Cheers!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    So, is it missing the parts it skipped or it continues? If so, I can splice it together for you.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    So, is it missing the parts it skipped or it continues? If so, I can splice it together for you.
    Take a listen. I forget where it is in the song but you can't miss it when you hear it:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/867ysj

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Also, is there a thread for parents or people who have kids? @Leviathant ?

Our daughter just turned 5 months and some tips on here would be handy to discuss now and again.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Also, is there a thread for parents or people who have kids? @Leviathant ?

Our daughter just turned 5 months and some tips on here would be handy to discuss now and again.
    I'm imagining the kind of response @Ryan from 3 or more years ago might make to such a request. The only kids thread I recall seeing on ETS so far was the "NIN and kids" thread, which definitely isn't what you're looking for. I say go ahead and start it up. If anyone gives you shit, let me know, but I imagine you'll be fine.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    There's a "Parents and family" thread and a "childbirth" thread IIRC - not sure if either of those are suitable.

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...highlight=kids

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    There's a "Parents and family" thread and a "childbirth" thread IIRC - not sure if either of those are suitable.

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...highlight=kids
    Oops, who has time to dig through archives? I went and made a new thread since I'm in a somewhat similar boat as @Ryan with two young children under 3.
    http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...renting-Thread

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I'm imagining the kind of response @Ryan from 3 or more years ago might make to such a request. The only kids thread I recall seeing on ETS so far was the "NIN and kids" thread, which definitely isn't what you're looking for. I say go ahead and start it up. If anyone gives you shit, let me know, but I imagine you'll be fine.
    Haha I know. How times change.

thanks @icklekitty - I bumped that one.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    So this board is full of nutcases that love flying out all over the nation/world for nin shows and the like.

Any 'secrets' or places you guys go to get good deals on flights? Looking to book my honeymoon in the next week or so from st louis to orlando. Leaving 5/25 and returning 5/31. All the prices i've been seeing have been between $675-700 for 2 people round trip.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    So this board is full of nutcases that love flying out all over the nation/world for nin shows and the like.

Any 'secrets' or places you guys go to get good deals on flights? Looking to book my honeymoon in the next week or so from st louis to orlando. Leaving 5/25 and returning 5/31. All the prices i've been seeing have been between $675-700 for 2 people round trip.
    I heard a thing on the radio about how you can get cheaper flights by choosing trips that have one or more stopovers, which is nothing new. The TRICK to it, was that your actual destination is the first stopover. That way you don't wait around in an airport overnight or whatever. You have to only bring carry-on, though, or your checked bags end up in the final airport, where you aren't going.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)

That's a fair price.

I watch Southwest closely when I know I'll be flying. Every once in a while, I get in on one of their $72 deals.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Driiiiiiiiiive

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    I heard a thing on the radio about how you can get cheaper flights by choosing trips that have one or more stopovers, which is nothing new. The TRICK to it, was that your actual destination is the first stopover. That way you don't wait around in an airport overnight or whatever. You have to only bring carry-on, though, or your checked bags end up in the final airport, where you aren't going.
    Haha that's skiplagged.com and that would be perfect if I was going one way and didn't need carry ons. Problem is I would have to book me and my fiances flights separately and possibly get 2 different planes entirely, and we would have to fit everything we were traveling with for that week on a carry on. Fucking brilliant if you're just flying one person for a day or 2 though.
    @allegro Haha I would honestly rather eat my own arm off until it's a little nub. I don't want to spend essentially 2 separate days of our honeymoon being driving days, i'd be saving money but I don't think it would be worth it.
    Last edited by tony.parente; 01-17-2015 at 12:31 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I've driven to Orlando 4x, whatever, you miss a lot of Americana. Stone Mountain! Ruby Falls! Gatlinburg!
    Last edited by allegro; 01-17-2015 at 02:01 AM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I've driven to Orlando 4x, whatever, you miss a lot of Americana. Stone Mountain! Ruby Falls! Gatlinberg!
    My fiance's parents drove down there too, it's all about the pros and cons of it and for me and the lady it's just not really worth the 15-18 hour drive...at least for US it's not.
    EDIT: Plus she likes planes. She really, really really likes flying in planes. She's actually seriously considering looking into becoming a flight attendant because she loves it so much.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

i'm assuming that you guys are (also) going to disneyworld? sarah and i booked our vacation through AAA (so we got a great package deal) and just used expedia to book a flight. we got a pretty good deal (i don't remember exactly how much) but it wasn't bad.

edit: WE'RE GOING AT THE END OF THE MONTH AND I AM SO EXCITED.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Skyscanner

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Skyscanner
    I kinda wanna fuck you right now, $549 round trip for us BOTH.
    Wanna come to my wedding? Lol

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Be nice to cats.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    At what point in life are you supposed to have your shit together?

I'm 26 in April and feel like I have nothing organized. Urgh.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia_ View Post

not at 26. go easy on yourself.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Yeah wait until you're closing on 40.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia_ View Post

i just turned 28. my wife just turned 30.
    she hates her job so much that, even though being with me makes her happy, she spends half her time outside of work crying about how miserable she is at work. she's afraid to leave her job because she gets good insurance and makes good money and she would get good maternity leave when we have a baby.
    i work for my dad (and have for approximately half of my life, i started working on the weekends as soon as i started high school). i make a lot of money per hour, but our business is just the two of us, and we only get business through word of mouth. sometimes we have weeks where i work 20-30 hours (amazing), sometimes 10-20 hours (perfectly acceptable and enough to sustain me), but sometimes i only get 3 hours in one week, and i have four weeks in a row like that (that's what the entire month of december was).

what i'm saying is that even when you THINK you have it together, you probably don't. no one WANTS to be an adult and have to be responsible, and most people are just pretending they know what they're doing until they figure it out (or die trying). life is kinda stupid and it's a shame that we spend most of it working (unless you have a job you really enjoy) because there are much better things that people could (and should) be doing.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    My older sister has exactly ALL of her shit together, and I... don't, to say the least.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I'm 30 and basically just started my life over. Meh.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    she hates her job so much that, even though being with me makes her happy, she spends half her time outside of work crying about how miserable she is at work. she's afraid to leave her job because she gets good insurance and makes good money and she would get good maternity leave when we have a baby.
    Urgh, that's pretty much exactly how I feel about my job. I'm sorry your wife doesn't enjoy what she does... There's nothing worse than having to go to a place you hate everyday for 8 hours.

Definitely sounds like your job has it's pros and cons! Not getting work for a month would definitely make things stressful though. Hopefully that's not the norm!

Being an adult is so overrated! Stupid responsibilities. Kinda glad I'm not alone in just pretending that I know what I'm doing... Definitely reassuring.
    Last edited by ophelia_; 01-20-2015 at 06:44 PM. Reason: formatting derp