Thread: 2018.06.27 - Amsterdam, Netherlands @ AFAS Live

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

2018.06.27 - Amsterdam, Netherlands @ AFAS Live

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Damn nice vid. Cool venue.

Btw if anyone wants to exchange an Amsterdam poster with my Paris poster, pm me.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    So, two out of three shows done. Cool venue, great sound. Where I was standing the crowd was ... okay, I guess? I was in the 4th row, a little to the right and some of the people just didn't seem to care at all about the music. Second song was Wish and there was barely any movement from the crowd. I don't know, maybe because the venue is pretty big there were more casual fans than, let's say, in Paris. I dunno, still weird. Anyway, after a couple of songs everyone warmed up but then it felt like the band kinda lost the crowd again in the middle of the show. And then they played fucking Gave Up and everyone went nuts. It's an old-ass song but still my very highlight of the show. I think it was after Gave Up that Trent said "Shit, we have to come over here more often".

All in all a great show but if you ask me Paris was far more intense and intimate and awesome.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The crowd is generally non violent in amsterdam but this just meant it was time to dance all night long!

My only want is for a NIN-employed security/queue person. Their absence is noted via blood pressure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2018.06.27 - Amsterdam, Netherlands @ AFAS Live

Yeah I agree with Niggo. I got there when the doors opened so had a fairly good central spot (albeit behind some really tall dude, even by Dutch standards). Was surprised the crowd didn’t go crazy that near the front during Wish. They only really went for it during Gave Up and towards the end. Was really happy to see Gave Up back in the set. That and Wish are staples for me I love seeing every time. I enjoyed Came Back Haunted as they hadn’t played it this tour. Would really like to hear The Big Come Down again. That was great at Meltdown. Currently only have the Berlin date to go. Prague is tempting as I’m visiting there that weekend but there’s no one else I’m interested in at the festival, it’s far away from Prague centre, and my wife would likely kill me!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Contrary to the reports above, the crowd did go nuts during Wish. I guess it depends on where were you standing.
    The only bad thing I can say is not really even about this show but this band version in general: if Ilan wants to play other instruments so much then maybe it's time to add a second drummer? Seeing him not play drums on CBH and Only (!) back to back was such a letdown.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would pay a pretty penny if someone grabbed and extra show print.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Well, what can I say?
    After 4 shows, for me the worst one. This is not my wish set list: to many poppy hit songs.
    And after three 2 hours sets, tonight they played (only) 1:40 h.
    After all a little bit disappointed.
    Next is the Down The Rabbit Hole festival this weekend.....

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post

Well, what can I say?
    After 4 shows, for me the worst one. This is not my wish set list: to many poppy hit songs.
    And after three 2 hours sets, tonight they played (only) 1:40 h.
    After all a little bit disappointed.
    Next is the Down The Rabbit Hole festival this weekend.....

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    More Year Zero though, that's cool. And Gave Up !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Third time I saw the band in this venue and not the best one. I really liked hearing the new songs in the first half of the show. Less Than & Shit Mirror are awesome in this live setting.

Another personal highlight was The Beginning of the End, straight rock song I'm fan of. And the samples in the outro of The Great Destroyer were very entertaining and fitting in this time.

I was hoping to get some more songs after Head Like A Hole but they went straight into Hurt which was a little dissapointing, I thought we would get at least 2 hours of NIN.

Seeing the comments above about the (bit lame) crowd...yeah, that seems to be a dutch thing :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There was absolutely nothing wrong with the audience. There was dancing, there was moshing, there was jumping and there was listening. And an ovation after every song.

It was so great seeing them again, an excellent performance.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Yeah, the audience was pure joy where I was (rail, opposite Atticus) and super dancy. I loved the setlist. Some nice surprises (Closer, Only, Came Back Haunted, Gave Up, Find My Way) and the band was just on fire with energy. Had a great day queuing, reconnecting with familiar faces and making new friends while my daughter lazed about the place and wrote NIN lyrics on the cobblestones. Only two dates this tour but you could do worse than this and RAH

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    BTW some guy was walking on stage with a camera and filming the band during several songs. Dunno if it happened at the other shows as well (didn't read reports yet).

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    BTW some guy was walking on stage with a camera and filming the band during several songs. Dunno if it happened at the other shows as well (didn't read reports yet).
    yes, that guy is Brook Linder. He made the video for .

Apparently he's mainly filming the new songs, so he's probably gathering enough footage for editing purposes. Also, he's using a RED camera so quite a step up from Rob's 5DMKII

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamelion View Post
    Yeah, the audience was pure joy where I was (rail, opposite Atticus) and super dancy. I loved the setlist. Some nice surprises (Closer, Only, Came Back Haunted, Gave Up, Find My Way) and the band was just on fire with energy. Had a great day queuing, reconnecting with familiar faces and making new friends while my daughter lazed about the place and wrote NIN lyrics on the cobblestones. Only two dates this tour but you could do worse than this and RAH
    Glad you enjoyed, and that she woke up in time to enjoy it. It was a pleasure!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Uploaded my photos to this gallery:
    (nin.hu Facebook page)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...d=318672383866

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Travelled from the middle of nowhere in Devon UK and this was my first NIN show, had been waiting 14 years to get the opportunity, and it didn't disappoint.

The crowd were really different to what I'm used to in the UK, but then again this was the first show I'd been to at all in 10 years, and I guess phones have got flimsier since then so maybe people are now reluctant to get as rowdy as I remember. I was on the barrier in front of the speakers, Robin side, really wanting to jump around but there were lots of teenagers standing pretty motionless, and I didnt wanna be The Annoying One so restricted myself to head bobbing with a manic smile

Loved the setlist, time flew so fast the show seemed to only last 5 minutes, and has just left me greedy for more.

Another highlight was my 95% certainty of seeing Trent's face peep out from the curtain before the show, only to retreat back into the dark like a Pallas' cat once he realised he was spotted. Ultimate lurker.
    Last edited by katzen; 07-04-2018 at 05:12 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Hey guys.
    I'm gonna start working on a multicam edit of this show soon, so if any of you have any videos that's not on Youtube, please consider sharing them.
    I particularly need The Lovers, Find My Way and Ahead of Ourselves, there's little to none footage of these songs available.
    Lots of PMs on various sites are incoming. No one is safe! Mwahaha. Cheers.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Hey guys.
    I'm gonna start working on a multicam edit of this show soon, so if any of you have any videos that's not on Youtube, please consider sharing them.
    I particularly need The Lovers, Find My Way and Ahead of Ourselves, there's little to none footage of these songs available.
    Lots of PMs on various sites are incoming. No one is safe! Mwahaha. Cheers.
    sent you a PM

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The annoying part of the project is done. Spamming, begging, reminding, downloading, sorting, and, most importantly, syncing is over.

The fun part begins now: actual editing

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Annnd here it is! Enjoy!