Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2018.06.25 - Paris, France @ L'Olympia

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

2018.06.25 - Paris, France @ L'Olympia

Damn we got Shit Mirror and Ahead of Ourselves and God Break Down The Door. Didn't expect that.

Anyone could throw all their pics and vids ? I took just one and it's blurry

Tront looked at me right in the eyes during sanctified so I guess I'm purified now.

edit : after watching some vid, it seems it was during Piggy. Makes way more sense, as he was very close and the light shining on his face checks out with my memory of it. It all.. begins to blur.

A post shared by on

Last edited by StockAvuryah; 06-28-2018 at 04:32 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    3rd and final show for me. Sad that my run has come to an end. These shows were a lot of fun though. Best time I've seen the band in a long time. Normally I'm used to seeing a very static setlist when attending multiple shows. Trent really has his band working them to their bones with these on the fly random set lists. I still like the first setlist I saw, at royal festival hall the most of the 3, but this one would be second best. The one at royal Albert hall was just too similar to the 2017 shows. I did appreciated branches/bones though. Actually, all 3 shows were opened really well. Hard to say what was the best opener. All 3 were unique and great.

This show started with eater of dreams with with pinion into me, I'm not. Which was totally unexpected. Great opener. We also got letting you and burn. I felt tonight's show was more singles based. THTF, only, HLAH were all there. Seems like shit mirror might be here to stay now, still love the new tracks live. They are the highlight of the show.

Also, someone in another thread said they saw everyone leave to get drinks for the lovers and how everyone treats the lovers as this tours "find my way" and we actually got FMW tat this show, so I found that comment really funny. Tonight there were 2 chances for the "casual" fan to go get their beers.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 06-25-2018 at 06:46 PM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    To french ppl we are collectif pics and video on special topics on this private groups.
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/ninfr/
    Anyway feel free to ms me or mail me, idea is to produce our usual multicam

Please note there were very rude ppl, especialy someone called "the american" on the front/left, guy hit ppl quite hard, diturbing girls, apologising and then yelling "dont touch me", that guy was rudely put out by two guards all from front to back. Also I was reported a pervert on front/right that was finally ejected by audience. And I almost hit myself a fucking french moron before the show, the worst kind of drunk fatty loud pig, but I finally managed to get over him and he looked quite during the show. Most other fans were quite and let me even shot the show, while asking other to not get out their phone (I had a small cam) even protected small girls, but I never saw so much assholes in a nin show.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ninjaw is right, a lot of drunk assholes on the front row, pushing their way violently without any regards to the ladies or anyone else. Anyway, great show as always, good length, a satisfying mix of old and new tunes. Special thanks to StockAvuryah, my buddy for the night.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Ok, so it wasn't just my girlfriend and I that got that vibe/observation from the crowd. We didn't like the crowd at this show and we couldn't quite put our finger on why. But the atmosphere of the show felt off. This crowd was the worst crowd of the 3 shows I attended. Maybe even the worst crowd I've seen at a NIN show. I feel that the band wasn't in their best mood either. The show seemed rushed and it went by really fast.

I dont think the the band was in th best of moods. For 1, I mentioned in the Paris organizing show that they were on the same Eurostar as me, and the train was delayed. So that may have set the mood from the day right then and there. The train station in London was a complete nightmare. The lines were crazy long. It was very stressful. When off the train, the band seemed very rushed. Don't blame them, they had to check into their hotel and get to the venue in time for the sound check. Previous shows started at 9 and this show didn't start until about 9:18-9:20, so I feel Paris got scammed out of a couple songs and the set was pushed back a bit to accomdate the late train.

sucks too, because it was one of the better set lists from these nights too.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 06-26-2018 at 06:23 PM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Ok, so it wasn't just my girlfriend and I that got that vibe/observation from the crowd. We didn't like the crowd at this show and we couldn't quite put our finger on why. But the atmosphere of the show felt off. This crowd was the worst crowd of the 3 shows I attended. Maybe even the worst crowd I've seen at a NIN show. I feel that the band wasn't in their best mood either. The show seemed rushed and it went by really fast.

I dont think the the band was in th best of moods. For 1, I mentioned in the Paris organizing show that they were on the same Eurostar as me, and the train was delayed. So that may have set the mood from r the day right then and there. The train station in London was a complete nightmare. The lines were crazy long. It was very stressful. When off the train, the band seemed very rushed. Don't blame them, they had to check into their hotel and get to the venue in time for the sound check. Pr virus shows started at 9 and this show didn't start until about 9:18-9:20, so I feel Paris got scammed out of a couple songs and the set was pushed back a bit to accomdate the late train.

Just wanna say thanks for your reports, that's why Mariqueen didnt mention Paris (yet)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I turned up after Black Moth Super Rainbow started so ended up a bit further back on the right. Didn’t realise how small the venue was. I mean I knew the capacity but it really did feel intimate. Shame to hear about issues down the front. Was alright where I was but there was a dude aggressively pushing through closer to the front before the start and beckoning his buddies to join. Nice venue though. Would definitely go there again.

Enjoyed them opening with Me, I’m Not again as they had on the last tour (or one before - Can’t remember!) Wish was great. That’s one of my favourites live and I felt even more excited/euphoric hearing it again this time. Bad Witch stuff was a highlight again, particularly Shit Mirror. Really love Robin’s vocal’s generally so cool having him doing the verses on this. Was also good to hear Burn for the first time on the tour.

Another great show overall. Not *as* good as the previous two maybe but the standard was set high and yeah maybe the crowd/atmosphere wasn’t quite the same, but if this was the only show I went to I certainly wouldn’t have gone away disappointed. Is cool to still see the set list still varying so much though for those of us lucky enough to be going to a few shows.

On the train back home to Amsterdam now. Looking forward to the show tomorrow. Will be nice not to have to travel as much and to be able to go home afterwards!

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Oups official poster artist pic and special sale
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...0&id=733863209

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Show #40. Spent half on the barrier with a wonderfully violent crowd and the second half sitting on a speaker in the soundboard. The split due to the fact that I have an old lady bladder.

I am really happy that the band are back to their usual European trend of being completely unpredictable with setlist. I go for the music and my friends and I’m having the best time.

Miscellaneous observations: we drove overnight from RAH so we’re the second in line and it was very hard to ward off heatstroke and dehydration! The Olympia security and venue system is terrible 1) they mix up the line so number 20 gets in before number 3 2) they don’t check Who has standing or seats so downstairs becomes dangerously crowded 3) the whole venue stinks of weed which can only aggravate things. I like how Paris crowds are violent, but it was hard for me not to get into work mode and take over organising security!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post

I dont think the the band was in th best of moods. For 1, I mentioned in the Paris organizing show that they were on the same Eurostar as me, and the train was delayed. So that may have set the mood from r the day right then and there. The train station in London was a complete nightmare. The lines were crazy long. It was very stressful. When off the train, the band seemed very rushed. Don't blame them, they had to check into their hotel and get to the venue in time for the sound check. Pr virus shows started at 9 and this show didn't start until about 9:18-9:20, so I feel Paris got scammed out of a couple songs and the set was pushed back a bit to accomdate the late train.

Interesting. I haven't seen the previous two shows but to me the crowd was pretty great, seemed really into it and the band was absolutely on fire. I was standing a little to the left, not super close to the stage but also not far in the back. Somwhere in the middle I guess. Anyway, I think it was fucking great. I'm not the tallest guy but I somehow managed to get a great view on the band, the set list was pleasantly diverse and it's always awesome to see Trent throwing away a guitar (haven't seen that before in person).

Only thing I have to say is they somehow managed to fuck up TDTWWA again. They played the album version this time, but something felt off.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Show #40. Spent half on the barrier with a wonderfully violent crowd and the second half sitting on a speaker in the soundboard. The split due to the fact that I have an old lady bladder.

I am really happy that the band are back to their usual European trend of being completely unpredictable with setlist. I go for the music and my friends and I’m having the best time.

Miscellaneous observations: we drove overnight from RAH so we’re the second in line and it was very hard to ward off heatstroke and dehydration! The Olympia security and venue system is terrible 1) they mix up the line so number 20 gets in before number 3 2) they don’t check Who has standing or seats so downstairs becomes dangerously crowded 3) the whole venue stinks of weed which can only aggravate things. I like how Paris crowds are violent, but it was hard for me not to get into work mode and take over organising security!
    Yes I think it's a parisian thing for all venues... we have a thing for bad lines... i mean everyone, and we grow up learning that uk ppl are incredible at doing lines �� seriously. I think it's the same about restaurant service...

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    May i say that I just spent hours at compiling 10mn of my vids for youtube and that show was really amazing !!! (Well i didn't shot boring known stuff lol mainly because it was hard standing up) i can't wait to share it in less than 1h

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    One of the guys who got kicked out made me move . He was literally pelvic thrusting against my body with his arms spread out. I a woman and am a seasoned concert goer and love the front, the mosh, the push. He got his hair pulled after he was being an ass. Rest of the crowd was fine around me. I was center front, about 3 folks back, burgundy shirt.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Oh, and I gotta say: Trent's really exploding with fucking energy. Could be because it's already 4 years back but I don't remember him being this energetic when I saw them two times in 2014.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Just to get the list clear.
    From the three shows this long weekend for me personally not the best setlist (I’m not a ‘less than’ ‘only’ ‘thtf’ ‘letting you’ lover. On the other hand the venue is awesome and intimate and the crowd impact immense. Very happy I met several French old friends after the gig. And happy they played 7 songs from the last 3 albums.
    Right now back home after London, London, Paris, resting for the next musical marathon.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    To french ppl we are collectif pics and video on special topics on this private groups.
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/ninfr/
    Anyway feel free to ms me or mail me, idea is to produce our usual multicam

Please note there were very rude ppl, especialy someone called "the american" on the front/left, guy hit ppl quite hard, diturbing girls, apologising and then yelling "dont touch me", that guy was rudely put out by two guards all from front to back. Also I was reported a pervert on front/right that was finally ejected by audience. And I almost hit myself a fucking french moron before the show, the worst kind of drunk fatty loud pig, but I finally managed to get over him and he looked quite during the show. Most other fans were quite and let me even shot the show, while asking other to not get out their phone (I had a small cam) even protected small girls, but I never saw so much assholes in a nin show.
    Same experience for me and my friends. A pity this happened.
    I also don't understand people are taking bags hanging on their back and their belly into the venue. Very annoying for people in front of them and on the back.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post

Queuing was terrible. People didn't respect the existing queue and joint wherever they wanted in stead of lining on the back. A shame.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Oh there it is ! my litlle 10mn edit of all that I shot last night

http://youtu.be/MSroyGRubqQ

2018-06-25 Nine Inch Nails Live Paris Olympia HIGHLIGHTS

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iamclassic View Post
    One of the guys who got kicked out made me move . He was literally pelvic thrusting against my body with his arms spread out. I a woman and am a seasoned concert goer and love the front, the mosh, the push. He got his hair pulled after he was being an ass. Rest of the crowd was fine around me. I was center front, about 3 folks back, burgundy shirt.
    I was in front of that guy; security were waiting for an excuse to boot him out for several songs

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Oh oh lol Sebgob was just behind the asshole, in that video at 1:13 you can see a bit of him being extracted, .... and Trent watching it carefully !

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Oh oh lol Sebgob was just behind the asshole, in that video at 1:13 you can see a bit of him being extracted, .... and Trent watching it carefully !

Ahaha incredible

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    now that I think of it... I think it's the first time I see someone being walked out by two guys all through the audience to the front door ! The guy must have been a real ass.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    You guys need a multicam ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You guys need a multicam ?

Really looking forward to seeing how this comes out.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Does someone have an address or link where you can buy the L’Olympia poster? Thnx.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    Does someone have an address or link where you can buy the L’Olympia poster? Thnx.

Ah. Regrets ? https://www.instagram.com/p/BkfWuMvnlZM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finally remembered my ECS password

This show was truly amazing, I got the perfect spot on barrier, nearly dead centre. First NIN show = me hooked. What an excellent performance and a great energetic crowd

Met some ECS members in the queue and they were all so lovely, glad to have met people as I was there alone

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Yeah, afterwards now I did all those gigs (London-London-Paris-Amsterdam-Berlin), it's a nice thought to have a personal memorable item. I bought the 'foil variant' (happy). Thanks for the link, @ninjaw . I appreciate this.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Second multicam with tons of red