Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Autolux

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbeyond View Post
    I'm calling it now, Carla will be on future NIN material. Has anyone noticed that the mix/tones/sounds on Pussy's Dead share some similarities to Hesistation Marks? Its like the sonic soundscape lends itself to HM at times. I love Hamster Suite the most.
    They certainly share some sonic similarities in regards to the minimalist electronics. Eugene did play on a few HM tracks, if I'm not mistaken, and he remixed "Everything".

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Eugene was definitely credited for some songs on HM. Forget what songs though. Carla contributing with NIN would be pretty cool though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    From what I recall, he does the string part on "Disappointed" and bass/electronics on "In Two." I have a feeling that's him on the bass during the choruses of "In Two" while Pino does the rest of the song.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    He also plays processed violin on "I Would for You"... I think you're right about the big loud choruses of "In Two" but the bridge and verses are probably Reznor on bass.
    Last edited by botley; 08-10-2016 at 09:06 AM.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    What the hell?

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/...cr-03566-0.pdf

TL;DR Eugene Goreshter pled guilty to importing cocaine and was sentenced to 2 years.
    Last edited by Swykk; 11-16-2021 at 02:33 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    What the hell?

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/...cr-03566-0.pdf

TL;DR Eugene Goreshter pled guilty to importing cocaine and was sentenced to 2 years.
    Fuck i was hoping the thread bump would be new album news. No pun intended. Crazy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orson thrust View Post
    Fuck i was hoping the thread bump would be new album news. No pun intended. Crazy.
    Dude...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Apparently this all happened over a year ago and I never heard a thing about it... I'm extremely disappointed as Pussy's Dead was one of my absolute favorite albums last decade, not to mention the impact of Future Perfect. It looks like Carla and Greg may have kicked him out of the band around 2017/2018 but there was no official word on it.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Yeah, I don’t know about him getting removed from the band but the digging I did here showed he was arrested in 2019 and looked like he was sentenced at the end of 2020/early 2021.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Wow, that's shitty news. I hope he can complete the court mandated treatment, clean up his act, and get back to kickin' ass onstage. The band's Facebook page has been posting clips of what is called 'future Autolux' so fingers crossed they are planning to continue recording and touring in some fashion.
    Last edited by botley; 11-16-2021 at 07:05 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Wow, that's shitty news. I hope he can complete the court mandated treatment, clean up his act, and get back to kickin' ass onstage. The band's Facebook page has been posting clips of what is called 'future Autolux' so fingers crossed they are planning to continue recording and touring in some fashion.
    I wish they'd post these clips to Twitter!

EDIT: Fell down the rabbit hole, too, big yikes if true.

EDIT #2: He has a solo album? https://www.etherteen.com/
    Last edited by Zimbo; 11-16-2021 at 08:11 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    It's sad. I really like him, really energetic in performances. Unfortunately, that must have been the reason why.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Carla responded on Twitter that she's not going on tour with Jack White, that her entire focus is on Autolux!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Wait so is he out of jail? Still in the band? I'm so confused

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'm not sure, but Greg was on a podcast a couple of weeks ago (it's in the Failure thread) and mentioned that he's not done with Autolux, and that he's been in contact with Carla. He never mentioned Eugene.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Has there been any news about the band? Seems like they teased some stuff a while back, as they often do, but nothing came of it. They repressed Pussy's Dead on vinyl too. I'm wondering about Eugene too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I did a meet and greet with Failure this summer and I asked Greg Edwards about Autolux. He said there had been some recording that has already happened with plans to head back into the studio later in 2022. He didn't get into details, but he said new Autolux is on the roadmap.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've spoken to Carla on Twitter and Instagram and it seems the intent is 2023. Personally, I blame Failure and Jack White taking Carla and Greg's time (Though, Greg is not as important as Eugene is to me, Autolux wise. Carla, always number 1).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimbo View Post
    I wish they'd post these clips to Twitter!

EDIT: Fell down the rabbit hole, too, big yikes if true.

EDIT #2: He has a solo album? https://www.etherteen.com/
    Any context on this "etherteen" album??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I mean, it's worth a listen. It certainly has a Eugene vibe.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Has anyone heard of this album "Go By Themselves" by LAGH from 2016? I stumbled across this via Discogs and can't find any other information on it aside from one track on a MySpace page but it won't stream for me. It features Carla and Eugene.
    https://www.discogs.com/release/1623...-By-Themselves

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I will see if I can find out. Carla sometimes responds to me on instagram.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hey - yeah, these are about to be put up for sale properly. The packaging is incredible and was extremely expensive to make. Very rare.
    This was Carla's reply!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    This was Carla's reply!
    Thanks! Very interested in hearing this, whatever it is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My second favorite Autolux member, Eugene, is officially ex-Autolux. Confirmed drug stuff.

FUCK

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Welp, Autolux is dead. Eugene is irreplaceable in the group, he brought so much. They might as well call themselves something else or break up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Welp, Autolux is dead. Eugene is irreplaceable in the group, he brought so much. They might as well call themselves something else or break up.
    While a part of me also feels like this...he could also be part of reason they've not released a record since 2016.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    While a part of me also feels like this...he could also be part of reason they've not released a record since 2016.
    Likely, but at the same time, Autolux has always had like a six year gap between albums. I remember almost giving up on them ever releasing anything between Future Perfect and Transit Transit.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Goddamn it, Eugene. Hope Autolux 2.0 gives us some great stuff, though.