Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Quake (1996)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    If a brave Soul is willing to Seek, you can find digital rips floating around of variable quality. Some claim to be lossless.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Flip it to the side without computer code scratched into it.
    I knew somebody was going to be a smartass LMAO... that's side four :P

Nobody? Just me?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr9inchnail View Post
    Nobody? Just me?
    Mine's fine.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Still haven’t found a UK reseller

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Ugh an unintended consequence of this being released means UMG are taking down Quake gameplay videos on YouTube that have been up for years. Hope this gets sorted out

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Ugh an unintended consequence of this being released means UMG are taking down Quake gameplay videos on YouTube that have been up for years. Hope this gets sorted out
    Major labels are scum.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Amazon.ca @ it’s best. Release day and currently unavailable and no idea when it will come in stock. Had $30 promotional credit for a few issues lately so I made a new order to use it and was gonna get TSN during the holidays but I might have to get both from my local during Christmas time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    it was listed last night at $43.75. guess they sold out. I noticed on NIN.com its sold out too.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by azad_ninja View Post
    it was listed last night at $43.75. guess they sold out. I noticed on NIN.com its sold out too.
    I preordered it oct 31 with my credit and only 3rd party seller now.

Edit: looks like this is a trend now like watchmen. It now has a release date of January 22, 2021 on Amazon.com and Acoustic Sounds so I guess I have to wait longer.
    Last edited by Leprekon666; 11-13-2020 at 05:56 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I ordered Quake and TSN from udiscover a week or 2 ago and yesterday received notification that my order is now expected to ship around January 22nd, 2021

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There's a merch FB group that is looking to get the uncensored booklet produced. I tried to steer them this direction to see if there's any group interest here.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    This has hit Deezer, iTunes Store, and Apple Music (in Canada, anyway). Nothing on HDtracks or 7digital, though.
    Last edited by seasonsinthesky; 11-16-2020 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Deezer too!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    This has hit Deezer, iTunes Store, and Apple Music (in Canada, anyway). Nothing on HDtracks or 7digital, though.
    Wonder if someone with deezer hifi and enough knowledge can do a local MITM and sniff the packets for the FLAC file access points. Or something like that. My knowledge on this is limited, but I think that's how the HM-era remix tracks exclusive to Apple music became available. There's an offline listening mode for Deezer PC.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Whoa, whoa, slow your roll there. It can take a few days/weeks for digital distribution to show up at all the stores (and locales; looks like it's nowhere in the US so far), so let's give it a little time before we get all pirate-y here.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Part of this has that vibe when the first Tool demo tape appeared on streaming services and then vanished.

While it’s true that some streaming services take longer to propagate than others, the delivery of it seems *very* un-NIN.

That said, I’m eager to listen to this elsewhere than just my turntable such as my phone, in the car, etc.

I just hope it’s real and not some eager fan who somehow successfully uploaded the album to TuneCore or Distrokid or whatever.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    Part of this has that vibe when the first Tool demo tape appeared on streaming services and then vanished.

While it’s true that some streaming services take longer to propagate than others, the delivery of it seems *very* un-NIN.

That said, I’m eager to listen to this elsewhere than just my turntable such as my phone, in the car, etc.

I just hope it’s real and not some eager fan who somehow successfully uploaded the album to TuneCore or Distrokid or whatever.
    If they did, they credited it properly to Interscope Records/UMG Recordings, Inc. This appears to be legit as it does seem to be the remastered audio, not a CD or vinyl rip.

Official FLAC download appears first, once again, as a worldwide exclusive on the Tidal Store.

Interestingly enough, on Tidal it carries a 2017 release date (presumably when it was remastered), with a (C) 2020 UMG Recordings... though on Apple Music it says copyright/released 1996.
    Last edited by botley; 11-17-2020 at 08:55 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    If they did, they credited it properly to Interscope Records/UMG Recordings, Inc. This appears to be legit as it does seem to be the remastered audio, not a CD or vinyl rip.

Official FLAC download appears first, once again, as a worldwide exclusive on the Tidal Store.

Interestingly enough, on Tidal it carries a 2017 release date (presumably when it was remastered), with a (C) 2020 UMG Recordings... though on Apple Music it says copyright/released 1996.
    Nothing on the Tidal Store in the U.S. as of now

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Appears to be on Spotify. Top line indicates a 1995 release date, but the bottom lines show
    © 2020 UMG Recordings, Inc.
    ℗ An Interscope Records release; ℗ 1996 UMG Recordings, Inc.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Not yet in iTunes UK and that tidal link was broken for me. Long given up hope

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    My friend in Sweden said Quake is on Tidal there.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    It appears to currently be available in Europe, Australia, Central and South America, Canada, Mexico.
    Not available in US, UK, Japan.

It is available for purchase on TIDAL and Qobuz in the appropriate regions. It is not on 7Digital yet. It looks like it is 16/44. I have not seen a high-res version.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Amazon.ca has a release date of November 27 which I doubt it as rest of the world list it as January 22 even on amazon.com LoL

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    It appears to currently be available in Europe, Australia, Central and South America, Canada.

Not available in US, UK, Japan.

It is available for purchase on TIDAL and Qobuz in the appropriate regions. It is not on 7Digital yet. It looks like it is 16/44. I have not seen a high-res version.
    Who is it credited to on these sites? Is it just Nine Inch Nails, or is it Trent Reznor & Nine Inch Nails? Just want to know if/when it surfaces on those sites in the States.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Who is it credited to on these sites? Is it just Nine Inch Nails, or is it Trent Reznor & Nine Inch Nails? Just want to know if/when it surfaces on those sites in the States.
    Just as the vinyl is, it’s a Nine Inch Nails release. Turns out, it always has been.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    reporting from Canada; Nine Inch Nails (Tidal link)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    Just as the vinyl is, it’s a Nine Inch Nails release. Turns out, it always has been.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    It is now stream-able, but not purchase-able, on Tidal in the US. It's only a matter of time now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    It is now stream-able, but not purchase-able, on Tidal in the US. It's only a matter of time now.
    where? not seeing it on desktop or app.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjy33 View Post
    where? not seeing it on desktop or app.
    Full disclosure: I don't have a Tidal subscription. Maybe it's not available to stream. But it certainly looks like it's available to stream here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When it takes me to my Tidal app it says “album has been removed” WTF