Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Quake (1996)

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    Was anyone here in a clan? I was in a couple and did a few clan wars. Good ole' days.
    I was in DEA (death enforcement agency) in Q3A. Freeze tag was the best, I miss those days.

Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Trent releases Quake on vinyl.....And people are bitching and moaning about no download code.
    Trent releases new shirt designs.....And people are bitching and moaning about the sizes of the shirts.

Starting to see why this guy despises a large portion of the fanbase
    Bruh stop taking that "suck my entire cock" so seriously. God forbid his fans don't want to pay twice and jump through hoops to listen to the music with our fucking phones turned on.
    Last edited by Wolfkiller; 09-22-2020 at 04:45 PM.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Over in the Reddit thread where we're trying to recreate the booklet with the unauthorized images (which is actually going really well, by the way), someone pointed out that one of the missing images was a magazine ad. I found this page that has a fairly low-resolution image of the ad in question and also lists the ad agency responsible (DDB of Dallas, TX, which makes sense since id Software operated out of Mesquite, TX), as well as the art director on the project. Someone from the thread has already reached out to the art director to see if he'd be able to help supply a high-resolution file/image, but I figured I'd mention it here as well just in case anyone here is a hoarder with a stack of magazines from 1996 in their house.

TLDR: Does Anyone have a copy of this ad they could scan so we have a high-res file?

That's damn impressive.

No wonder all the Year Zero ARG stuff got solved so quickly with a fanbase like this.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    This link this works:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/24...f?v=1600226971

@bgalbraith also posted this version which makes the booklet into a more readable PDF: https://we.tl/t-RTgVNzWcfX

i didn’t have time to download this and it’s not available no more. Can someone pm the link or files for the artwork. I see there’s the PDF file of the essay above. I see that PDF file is the quake booklet with artwork. Wasn’t there a separate thing for the essay all in white?
    Last edited by Leprekon666; 09-24-2020 at 05:39 AM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quick shot of the spine as @TheBang asked:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leprekon666 View Post
    i didn’t have time to download this and it’s not available no more. Can someone pm the link or files for the artwork. I see there’s the PDF file of the essay above. I see that PDF file is the quake booklet with artwork. Wasn’t there a separate thing for the essay all in white?
    NINDestruct's PDF printout of the webpage: http://nindestruct.com/misc/quake_essay_html.pdf
    NINDestruct's Original PDF booklet: http://nindestruct.com/misc/QUAKE_es..._GRACoL_CL.pdf
    @bgalbraith's reformated Booklet: https://we.tl/t-RTgVNzWcfX

Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Quick shot of the spine as @TheBang asked:
    Thank you!

Between that and the store listing, that helps me feel better about "Nine Inch Nails" as the credited artist, rather than "Trent Reznor" or "Trent Reznor and Nine Inch Nails"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    any movement at all on US shipments? i know the Postal Service is fucked right now, but my copy shipped the day it was made available, but the tracking number has yet to update.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Has anyone found someone getting these booklets printed with the correct photos?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Thank you!

Between that and the store listing, that helps me feel better about "Nine Inch Nails" as the credited artist, rather than "Trent Reznor" or "Trent Reznor and Nine Inch Nails"
    Still not gonna change my tags from Trent Reznor.
    I've got revisionism! (not)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Nice work!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I think it's very interesting that this is being retroactively added both to the Nine Inch Nails catalog and to the Null releases. It seems that as time goes on, the distinctions between the score work and Nine Inch Nails are becoming thinner and thinner. This was something discussed when Together and Locusts came out, and it's become even more apparent here. It seems the only distinction left is what name it's released under now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mi470 View Post
    any movement at all on US shipments? i know the Postal Service is fucked right now, but my copy shipped the day it was made available, but the tracking number has yet to update.
    Not sure on US shipments but I ordered the day they were released. I received tracking information later that day but it wasn't in UPS's system until Tuesday of this week and now it's been stuck on "Package departed international carrier facility" for the last two days. I'm not sure if this means it's now in Canada and they can't track it and it'll just show up whenever or if it's still in the US.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    I think it's very interesting that this is being retroactively added both to the Nine Inch Nails catalog and to the Null releases. It seems that as time goes on, the distinctions between the score work and Nine Inch Nails are becoming thinner and thinner. This was something discussed when Together and Locusts came out, and it's become even more apparent here. It seems the only distinction left is what name it's released under now.
    I think the distinction is who they're working for. Even considering the theory that some/all of Together and Locusts is derived from the Woman in the Window soundtrack, because they were taken off the film, the music isn't for the film any more, so now it's NIN because it's just music coming out. Quake is NIN because it was 1996 and the live band was involved, I guess, and the "brand name" of Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross didn't exist because he wasn't working with Atticus. I don't think Quake changes anything going forward because Trent's probably never doing solo soundtrack work ever again.

So, in short, if it's work-for-hire music, it's TRAR. If it's their own work, it's NIN. What the music sounds like hasn't mattered in that distinction for a while, IMO.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    For what it's worth I ordered within minutes, and I haven't gotten anything more than a purchase confirmation email yet.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    So, in short, if it's work-for-hire music, it's TRAR. If it's their own work, it's NIN. What the music sounds like hasn't mattered in that distinction for a while, IMO.
    I mentioned somewhere that I had wondered if Trent and Atticus would ever have a reason to score something "as Nine Inch Nails" and what that would sound like (i.e. if a score called for mostly heavy guitar music and therefore felt drastically different from their usual score work). But then Watchmen happened, which to me felt like the perfect opportunity for the score work to be credited to (t)NIN instead of TR/AR (excluding the jazz tracks from Vol. 3).

So yeah, based on that, you're probably right. Anytime they're scoring for someone else, they won't call it NIN, and anytime they're doing their own thing, they probably won't have reason to call it TR/AR (unless they do something that's so un-NIN they choose not to identify it as such). Quake is its own thing from a previous era, of course, so it doesn't have to play by the same rules.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Could possibly arrive sooner than NIN Store orders.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Mine's in Fontana, California as of yesterday. Heading to me in Canada. *Shrug*
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 09-25-2020 at 08:50 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i wish trent made a solo score again. i mean tetsuo and driver down?? masterpieces

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I guess I missed the boat on the updated screenshots booklet. Anyone have a link to that? Sorry, but huge thanks.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    For those still waiting for their USPS tracking numbers to update, I just plugged mine into UPS and found it's been on the move since Monday!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulgaren View Post
    i wish trent made a solo score again. i mean tetsuo and driver down?? masterpieces
    Atticus produced Tetsuo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    oh wow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Curious to hear if anyone actually receives the Quake vinyl. I ordered, it was shipped, and today I just took delivery of The Social Network Score instead, which I did not order.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by denuir View Post
    Curious to hear if anyone actually receives the Quake vinyl. I ordered, it was shipped, and today I just took delivery of The Social Network Score instead, which I did not order.
    That happened to a friend of mine on Facebook as well.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    sign me up as interested in physical booklet plz <3

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    sign me up as interested in physical booklet plz <3
    I was working with a local print shop here in San Diego but I have put it on the back burner since my family is moving to South Carolina in 20 days. We have a TON of packing + trying to sell the house and I just cant devote the time needed to handle shipping orders. Perhaps once I get settled in I will look into taking up the mantle of getting these printed and out to fans. I know I really want a high quality print!

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Likewise, on top of the world falling apart, I've got three big life events happening simultaneously and tenuously. I DGAF about making booklets right now, but I'll get around to it at some point, if no one beats me to it.

Ideally I'll print them with the redacted graphics restored.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Likewise, on top of the world falling apart, I've got three big life events happening simultaneously and tenuously. I DGAF about making booklets right now, but I'll get around to it at some point, if no one beats me to it.

Ideally I'll print them with the redacted graphics restored.
    give me like a month from now and I should be able to iron out the details. Hopefully by then we will have the updated images ready to go!