Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19
Results 541 to 552 of 552

Thread: Quake (1996)

  1. #541
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tynemouth, England
    Posts
    2,247
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by diptych View Post
    In the original version, you needed to press a key to use "mouse look". In source ports this is turned on by default.
    You could also hit two separate "look up" and "look down" keyboard keys. But it was possible to get through the whole campaign without ever looking up and down, iirc; at least, on Easy.

    It's like discovering a whole new world once you embrace the 3D though

    Quote Originally Posted by diptych View Post
    So, is the remastered version worth getting? Did anyone here buy it? I watched a video on YouTube, but it looks identical to the original to me.
    I've inherited the remaster on Steam, but haven't got it to load yet (on Linux so it's not just "click play"). I don't remember ever buying Quake on steam in the first place but I must have done. I've still got my 1.01 CD from 1996 and I just use the data from it with source ports normally... anyway, I've gone ahead and bought it for Switch. If you are a fan of Quake it's worth it, it's a fun version. There's some nice modern tweaks that even the source ports don't have (on the other hand, there's plenty of features we've had in the source ports for years that it *doesn't* have). The Quake 64 add-on is a cool little addition. I haven't played the modern Machinegames expansions nor re-played the original ones yet but they're all included. You get split screen MP, bots built-in, and cross-platform network multiplayer. The switch has gyro controls if you like that sort of thing.

  2. #542
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tynemouth, England
    Posts
    2,247
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I thought it was worth noting that the version of the soundtrack included with this "remastered" game version is identical to the original CD-ROM version, down to the frame, with the exception of the last track which has exactly 2 seconds added. I can take more detailed comparison screenshots if anyone requires them:
    Thanks Jon I suspected you would have looked into this. Can you clarify (I can't grok your screenshot, it shows the original '96 pre-emph and a '98 no-pre-emph rip, but not a new one?), does the new Remaster have the pre-emph-flag-set-but-no-pre-emph-applied audio, and did you already determine that this was "wrong"? I think we should try and get this summarized on the Wiki. (Happy to do the writing)

  3. #543
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LIC, NY
    Posts
    1,285
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Is there still a way to grab one of those printed Quake score booklets? Getting back into the game has made me get the score on vinyl.

  4. #544
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Granite City, Illinois
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Is there still a way to grab one of those printed Quake score booklets? Getting back into the game has made me get the score on vinyl.
    NotoriousTIMP was trying to get a run going but the company he was working with axed it.

    QUAKE Liner Notes Print Run (echoingthesound.org)

  5. #545
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LIC, NY
    Posts
    1,285
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear78 View Post
    NotoriousTIMP was trying to get a run going but the company he was working with axed it.

    QUAKE Liner Notes Print Run (echoingthesound.org)
    Bummer. Well...I brought the Deviations PDF to get printed on my own, so I guess I'lll do that again. Thanks!

  6. #546
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,562
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Is there still a way to grab one of those printed Quake score booklets? Getting back into the game has made me get the score on vinyl.
    This is the guy who did the run in the "NINE INCH NAILS - COLLECTING AND TRADING" Facebook group. You can reach out and see if he has any more or is planning on doing another run:

    https://www.facebook.com/jaison.chahwala

  7. #547
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LIC, NY
    Posts
    1,285
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    This is the guy who did the run in the "NINE INCH NAILS - COLLECTING AND TRADING" Facebook group. You can reach out and see if he has any more or is planning on doing another run:

    https://www.facebook.com/jaison.chahwala
    Excellent, will do!

  8. #548
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    822
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Bummer. Well...I brought the Deviations PDF to get printed on my own, so I guess I'lll do that again. Thanks!
    Where did you get the Deviations pdf printed at? I'd like one of those.

  9. #549
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LIC, NY
    Posts
    1,285
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Where did you get the Deviations pdf printed at? I'd like one of those.
    I put it on a thumb drive and went to a FedEx/Kinkos. Picked my paper stock and they printed it. It wasn't cheap, but that packaging was fucking bullshit.

  10. #550
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    822
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    I put it on a thumb drive and went to a FedEx/Kinkos. Picked my paper stock and they printed it. It wasn't cheap, but that packaging was fucking bullshit.
    I guess this is headed off topic, Sorry... my last question regarding Deviations pdf... at least here... did you get it printed as a booklet or album flat cards?

  11. #551
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LIC, NY
    Posts
    1,285
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    I guess this is headed off topic, Sorry... my last question regarding Deviations pdf... at least here... did you get it printed as a booklet or album flat cards?
    Booklet! Turned out beautiful. Here's the link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BWn8hDAFhpL/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

  12. #552
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    5,752
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)

    A post shared by on


Posting Permissions