Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Teenage Mutant NINja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem (2023)

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Teenage Mutant NINja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem (2023)

Quote Originally Posted by RobCoz98 View Post
    So on Tony Hawk's recent podcast at 19:33, Tony mentions Trent and Atticus are working on Seth Rogen's TMNT film and Trent has a cameo in a project that Tony is involved with
    Hawk: "[Trent] and Atticus were working on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. There's the full circle. When I went there, they were working on the soundtrack to that movie, that Seth [Rogen] told us about..."

Release date: August 2, 2023
    Last edited by TheBang; 06-06-2023 at 03:10 PM. Reason: release date update

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Holy Shit, now the circle of my childhood is complete!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    TNMT Theme TRAR Remix. Now. Give it to me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    TNMT Theme TRAR Remix. Now. Give it to me.
    If it's as good as "The Hall of Mountain King" or "Halloween theme" or "Immigrant Song", we are feasting...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I was already interested in seeing the film...
    2c

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Huh?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Ha, awesome.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Something I was thinking last night while listening to Natural Born Killers...the quote says soundtrack, not score. I would love another mix-tape/soundtrack effort like that and Lost Highway.

I also know it says TR/AR so it's not likely.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    This seems like a bit of an odd and unexpected pairing, but I AM HERE FOR IT!! Also, maybe that's why they did it. And yes, +1 on hoping for a TR/AR remix of the '90s cartoon theme song!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    From the movie's wiki:

Music
    In February 2023, Rogen said that Rowe compared the film's soundtrack to that of the 1999 video game Tony Hawk's Pro Skater and revealed that it will incorporate songs from the title. He described it as a "random assortment of music" that fits together well and shares the "same energy and spirit."[20]
    Now a movie can have both a score and a soundtrack so I'm not sure what to make of this.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I'm surprised we haven't had any official news on this, the movie is only 3 months away although i guess we only found out about the movie itself back in early March?

Well damn, I am super intrigued about this. It's funny because i JUST started watching the 2012 series and I've had a lot of fun playing Shredder's Revenge (also have the Cowabunga Collection to check out)

If we get a TR/AR remix of the 90s theme that'll be a nice companion to the Mike Patton cover.

EDIT: That wiki linked above says that the movie was announced back in 2020 but i sure was none the wiser about this being a thing that was coming until this year.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 05-02-2023 at 03:11 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    From the movie's wiki:

Now a movie can have both a score and a soundtrack so I'm not sure what to make of this.
    !!

also I love the remix of Tricky that was done for the live action movie so would be amazed to get a remix of that one as well.

Last edited by allegate; 05-02-2023 at 03:14 PM.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Mike Patton's famously crotchety about Nine Inch Nails, but could this finally break the ice and facilitate another legendary collaboration?

#ninjachurtles

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    You know, in hindsight, the instrumentation at the start of this trailer is pretty close to the mark.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    You know, in hindsight, the instrumentation at the start of this trailer is pretty close to the mark.
    even the quiet piano theme has that vibe that we've come to appreciate in a TR/AR stuff.... (or maybe this is turning into a 23 Burroughs thing)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I just wanna use this thread to shamelessly plug a couple of my favorite videos.

One is the soundtrack to TMNT2 NES:

The other one is... I'm sorry

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I hadn't seen the trailer for the new Mutant Mayhem movie yet. For some reason, I was under the impression they were going to make another live action movie that would be closer to the first couple of movies from 1991 & 1992 (with guys in costumes, as opposed to the recent Michael Bay-produced live action movies where the turtles were CGI). But this animation style reminds me a lot of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, which I'm sure is intentional since that movie was VERY successful and loved by critics and audiences alike. This should be interesting...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Apparently it moved to august 2nd, for…reasons?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Now confirmed to be a full TR/AR score by co-director Jeff Rowe: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...002527718.html

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Joining the rest of you in crossing my fingers for a TR/AR TMNT theme cover slash remix.

Spider-Verse definitely seems an apt comparison for the style of the animation, narrative, and cast displayed in the trailer. Looks like it could be fun! Must be a blast for Trent to work on movies his youngest kids can actually watch.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Vinyl when? Into my VEINS please…

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN64 View Post
    Vinyl when? Into my VEINS please…
    If they do one they gotta make the vinyl look like a pizza or a manhole cover.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Heard the Tony Hawk leak, but this news is still wild to me. Outside of music, my other love is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and being a fan has been great for people my age over the last few years.

The collector figures from NECA are a huge hit and cover a lot of touchstones of the franchise in the 1987 cartoon, the 90s movies, the Mirage and Archie comics, the video games and even the most recent Last Ronin comic from IDW.

Shredder's Revenge was my favorite game last year and I've sunk more than 50 hours in my Switch on it. The Cowabunga Collection was a dream release of mine with having a complete collection of the old NES, Game Boy, SNES and Genesis games and it was also highly reviewed for being a great museum of behind the scenes stuff. And apparently they're pushing a AAA game based on the Last Ronin that borrows from gameplay like God of War at some point in the future—though really they need to announce a developer for that to be really be anything special.

But yeah, it's been a good time to be a TMNT fan and while I'm still in wait and see mode for this movie, I've been more impressed with what I'm seeing/hearing about this than anything motion picture related since Nickelodeon bought the franchise in 2009. Though even truthfully, I wasn't a big fan of that 2007 CGI film either.

The fact that Trent is involved with this must mean there's some meat on the bone for this one. Excited to hear what comes out of this!

Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post

Actually Shapeshift Records is releasing a 16-bit cover version of the 1990 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film score on LP this year, and this was one of the variants! Picked this up last month!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I gotta wonder how this came to be though. Is Reznor a big TMNT fan, or did someone come up with a really good presentation/pitch? Because this is really kinda weird and unexpected.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Or a turtle shell. Possibly the Technodrome?

Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post

Actually Shapeshift Records is releasing a 16-bit cover version of the 1990 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film score on LP this year, and this was one of the variants! Picked this up last month!
    Damn, they combined both – that is a pizza resting on top of a manhole cover!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I gotta wonder how this came to be though. Is Reznor a big TMNT fan, or did someone come up with a really good presentation/pitch? Because this is really kinda weird and unexpected.
    Maybe his kids are fans? Like a lot of pop culture properties, TMNT has been pretty cross-generational.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    are kids today really into TMNT? I guess that would make sense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    As a kid and teen, I was obsessed with TMNT. T&A scoring a turtles movie is a weird and glorious combo of my childhood obsession and my musical obsession. Hope it is more Watchmen (read: NIN) sounding.