A post shared by on

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Fuck. Yes.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT, Y'ALL

caps
    Last edited by Sarah K; 06-17-2018 at 01:21 AM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I'm trying not to cry right now. It was so beautiful and perfect for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My god this show was one of the best if not the best NIN show I’ve ever witnessed, can’t even explain

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    That was everything.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Friday night’s show was great, and this one was even better.

Highlights for me were the debut of “Ahead of Ourselves,” (after playing it, Trent said, “It’ll grow on you.”), “I’m Afraid of Americans,” and Gary Numan joining them for “Metal.”

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Holy shit that setlist. Amazing.

it has a flow that was missing from night one IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just want to give a giant thanks to some ETS people who I hung out with over the last few days, including this concert. I've been a lurker for many many years in different forms and I was welcomed like they already knew who I was. You guys are truly amazing! -Amber from Phoenix

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

A post shared by on

A few of my photos from last night.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    That new song is rad as fuck

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Footage I recorded from the rail Saturday night:

Ahead of Ourselves

NIN and Gary Numan Metal

The Good Soldier

And again, if anyone has any rail/close to the stage footage of the Bowie cover “I Can’t Give Everything Away” from Friday night please PM me. Need to watch so I can reminisce and cry again lol

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    ^Nice. We must have been near each other as that was my perspective from the rail on Saturday.

Anyhow, I knew TR had a big bag of tricks but I was ill prepared for what he had in store for us. Opening with SD leading to a tease of "THE FRAGILE" in its entirety felt like the band was having fun getting back into live performance mode.

Normally, hearing tracks from a new album from an established artist can be punishment but I think a majority of fans enjoyed hearing "Ahead Of Ourselves" & "God Break Down The Door" and would have likely gone apeshit hearing one more new song from NTAE/AV or BW. I know I was losing my mind.

Did anyone else miss hearing the xylophone during "The Good Solider?" It may have been in the PA mix, but up front it was absent.

Oh, and Gary Numan stopped by because he's cool like that.

I still can't believe this run of shows have been so amazing. I'm hopeful the fun continues to the festival run (and we get spoiled with a plethora of professional broadcasts without streaming glitches).

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Such an amazing show! I see I'm a little late here to the party, but here are some uploads of my videos as well from both last night and Friday. We were one back from the rail, almost center with Trent last night, and right on the rail but much father to the right, past Robin on Friday night.

"Ahead of Ourselves":

"Metal":

and also from Friday, "I Can't Give Everything Away":

I met Ilan yesterday afternoon, as it seems so many others did, as well as Alessandro very briefly late last night, just after leaving some of you fine ETS folks. Have met Robin before a few years ago. Still need to catch both Atticus and Trent. Hopefully someday!

I'll post more thoughts about the show, (and Friday night's show), and all the lovely people I met, etc, later on tomorrow or sometime this week, but need to crash for now. So exhausted. It was a fantastic weekend - I'm still on cloud nine.
    SaveSave

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Anybody have any of those black and white posters and want to trade it for a bad witch spotify vinyl?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    So, my experience this weekend was interesting. I did my best to avoid seeing the setlist or any feedback from Wednesday’s show so that Friday would be fresh... and I was pretty disappointed. Friday felt like a carbon copy of 2017 with some blah additions. I’m not saying this just to complain or be fickle, but I was overall kind of bored - in the pit at a NIN show.

Saturday night, I was pretty close to the stage and was still optimistic for a good show, but my expectations weren’t very high... and then holy shit. Opening with the first four songs of The Fragile, a brand new song, a new Joy Division cover, I’m Afraid of Americans, The Good Soldier, The Big Come Down, Reptile, Gary fucking Numan... what an awesome show. Not to mention a pretty intense (but overall friendly) pit to keep things interesting.

I have tickets to five of the six LA shows in December, and in all honesty Friday’s set (again without having seen Wednesday’s for context) made me really worried December might just be six nights of the same set with just a few changes each night. Aaaand then Saturday night blew me away, and now December can’t come soon enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Some pics from Saturday’s show.

A post shared by on

And a few shorts clips.

A post shared by on

Last edited by Nomad.hatter; 06-18-2018 at 10:21 AM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I do not even know where to begin when speaking about my experience with this show. Night One and Night Two were great in their own right, but that third night was fucking unreal for me.

First of all, I got to experience this show sandwiched between @heavenly_bearded and @Rubeninphoenix right on the rail in front of Robin, and really, is there any better place to be? I think not. There was also and ETSer right behind me, but I do not remember their name - sorry!

For days I was talking about Somewhat Damaged opening. I asked everyone to hope for it with me. And they did. And then it actually happened on the very last night. Took me 11 shows to get it, but I finally got it. I'll never forget the moment when I realized that it was actually happening. Holy shit. I had seen SD twice previously, but never as an opener, which is completely different. It was as perfect as I imagined it would be during all of the years I spent dreaming about it. As it was happening, the people surrounding me were so excited for me, and after the show, I had about six different people hug me, and many more express that they were happy because they were so excited for me. Little shit like this... People hugging me because they were genuinely happy that I saw a specific song open a set, is why I love y'all. Who else in the world is going to understand this and why that is such a huge deal?

TDTWWA I have seen three times now, and it gets me each time. Had I not already had tears in my eyes from SD opening, I likely would have started crying here. Lol.

Then after TF/TW, they brought out Terrible Lie, which is by far, my favorite live song. To add to this, Trent was pissed off at his guitar and threw it a couple of different times. Small flashes of his previous tantrums are still amusing to me. This was good, though, as it allowed me to focus on Ilan. In the last year, I feel like he has gotten even better. His fills during TL are always crazy good, but they seemed even more elaborate this night. His sound is just HUGE right now.

The rest of the highlights during this set for me were The Great Destroyer, The Big Come Down, and Reptile. TGD had the longest and best breakdown I have ever seen them do. This is the only time that I find myself missing the visuals and lights. While the images were playing on the screens to the sides of the stage, they were kinda small, and in no way compare to it being displayed behind them. Other than that, still don't miss the huge stage setup one bit. TBCD is one of my favorite songs, and I have only seen it live one other time, so this was a big treat for me personally. Reptile fucking blew me away at Panorama last year, and I was anxious to see it again. I had been hoping for this one, too. Early in the show, I noticed some green lighting at the bottom of the lights that had not been there the last two nights, and mentioned that I thought they might pull out Reptile. Then they did during the encore, and it was great.

Hurt seemed to get to everyone.

I had a great time, and I met wonderful people, and I can't wait to do it again.
    Last edited by Sarah K; 06-19-2018 at 07:50 PM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    FINALLY back home from a very long week in Vegas. Had a blast hanging out with some of you and a BIG shout out to @heavenly_bearded for hooking me up with a ticket for the 3rd show!

I had the pleasure of hanging out next to the soundboard and ended up standing next to Robin's ex-guitar tech. He was there with his wife and daughter and was super friendly. I noticed his VIP badges and asked who he knew in the band. He went to tell me about how he had been Robin's guitar tech since '94 and the only reason why he wasn't on this tour was due to scheduling conflicts and there being no retainer available for him. Instead he landed a job with MUSE and has been with them for about two years now.

Show #3 marked my 51st show since 2000 and I have at least two more shows to go to at the end of this year.
    @heavenly_bearded and myself!

and I was branded with a cock sticker that I wore proudly
    Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 06-19-2018 at 04:32 PM.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    All the love in this thread. Sorry my anti social ass has nothing to share about these shows other than I had a blast with all of you. ♥♥♥

lol @NotoriousTIMP look at @Rubeninphoenix & @DashRantic creeping behind us.
    Last edited by heavenly_bearded; 06-19-2018 at 07:03 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The absolute highlight for me was Something I Can Never Have. I talked with many people there about how I had been to over twenty concerts, I've been unlucky and never heard this song. I prayed for it each Vegas night, and I finally got my wish granted. It was more powerful than I even imagined it would be. I wish I could describe with words what it meant to me but I don't know to convey it. Though I was super happy to have experienced this live and it blew me away, I admit I felt somewhat guilty during and after -- like I should not be wishing to hear that song because it is obviously such an emotional one for Trent. But, I also felt so fulfilled because I have been wanting that so long and because it was so absolutely perfect, so I am very thankful.

My other favorite parts were Ahead of Ourselves (I felt special being in the first concert to hear an unreleased song which was amazing!), I'm Afraid of Americans (such a powerful song and a Bowie tribute), Metal (I've never been to a NIN concert with a guest performer and so this felt very special too), the great/different setlist, and Trent's statement that he recognized some of the fans, etc. (I was actually asking someone after Queen Kwong ended if they thought Trent noticed the same people were there each night...). Overall, given the setlist and everything else, special is the best word to describe it. I felt I was part of a very unique and special experience (I loved all three nights but night #3 was spectacular). I am very thankful for the experience.

Also, I wanted to say I had a great time and was really amazed at how wonderful all of the people I met were! Just wanted to call out a few people (I don't know everyone's ETS names, if they have one, and don't know if they want me to post real names so maybe I will point out people by city or other identifiers --hope that's okay!). Thank you so much @heavenly_bearded for the condom on Day#1 (and he didn't ask anything in return). Day#3 merch line spot #1 (ETS I believe is @m0reta) - You are so wonderful to help us store the merch so we didn't miss our GA spot! Day#3, Merch line spot #3 - well you are amazing for reasons you know! Chicago guy, Day#3 VIP#1 - You are such a pleasure to chat with. The time went by fast and thanks for the book finding tips! The Twins - thanks so much for the wake up call, the waterfall info, getting in the NOLA queue, and everything else! Day#3 VIP#5 (@Nomad.hatter ) enjoy the San Fran concerts - was a pleasure meeting you (and thanks for identifying the water bottle...)! To South Dakota guy - you are incredible to offer to step into our merch spot if it opened late (like the other nights) so we wouldn't miss our GA spot (and we still owe you a beer or two...next time?). To the "Candy Lady" -- thanks for the sweets! And to NOLA guy who was not in Vegas but was there in spirit with us-- thank you more than you know for helping us get tix there on Friday while we waited in line in Vegas. I believe in NIN Karma so I'll try my best to do my part returning the favors for others. Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by sinspots; 06-20-2018 at 01:06 AM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Finally getting around to uploading stuff from the weekend.

Last edited by JessicaSarahS; 06-20-2018 at 02:31 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post

and I was branded with a cock sticker that I wore proudly
    HA! You have my cock on your chest!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    Such an amazing show! I see I'm a little late here to the party, but here are some uploads of my videos as well from both last night and Friday. We were one back from the rail, almost center with Trent last night, and right on the rail but much father to the right, past Robin on Friday night.
    SaveSave
    Great pictures! I was standing next to you on Saturday night. It was a pleasure meeting you and your husband and hopefully we'll see you both in LA in December!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fragility3.1 View Post
    Great pictures! I was standing next to you on Saturday night. It was a pleasure meeting you and your husband and hopefully we'll see you both in LA in December!
    Yes! It was so nice to meet you, too! I won't ever forget the look you gave me when we both realized they were playing TDTWWA right after SD, and then into The Frail/The Wretched! Haha! Damn trolling Trent!
    And yes, see you in December in LA! We'll be at the last two nights, 14th & 15th!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    can i get a few opinions on this sample of the recording I am mastering https://clyp.it/ujww3tus

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreamingSlave View Post
    can i get a few opinions on this sample of the recording I am mastering https://clyp.it/ujww3tus
    That sounds great!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    sounds good! I’m always happy when I don’t hear audience chatter. Seriously, it enrages me 🤬

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is awesome!