Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Cooking Thread

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    The CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP part is what's totally hillbilly to me.
    Yeah that's definitely a bit weird.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    What are some of the most weird or disgusting dishes you've seen/eaten at Thanksgiving?

My father-in-law always needs to have mint jell-o at the table. It's so gross because you just see this bright green gelatin thing in the middle of the table where most of the foods are brown, yellow, orange and white...and then BAM! Bright green kryptonite! lol

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Well this might not be the perfect topic for my message but I suppose it will do, as it is closely related to cooking! Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Lot's of peoples do not have the same opportunities; with family to share a meal with, and finances to pay for a holiday meal. So might I humbly suggest that others might be inclined to follow the strategy I am using:

Invite someone you know to dinner. Someone who might be elderly, or just alone, with nowhere else to go on Thanksgiving.

Volunteer at your local food pantry or soup kitchen or church to help provide a proper meal for those in need.

If possible, donate funds to a charity which addresses hunger, such as https://www.feedingamerica.org/ (thanks to a forum member for making me aware of this particular organization.)

Thank You

More directly related to cooking, this is the first time since COVID that I get to cook a turkey dinner so very excited about that. The stuffing uses 2 pounds of oleo so it's obviously quite a treat.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    Well this might not be the perfect topic for my message but I suppose it will do, as it is closely related to cooking! Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Lot's of peoples do not have the same opportunities; with family to share a meal with, and finances to pay for a holiday meal. So might I humbly suggest that others might be inclined to follow the strategy I am using:

Invite someone you know to dinner. Someone who might be elderly, or just alone, with nowhere else to go on Thanksgiving.

Volunteer at your local food pantry or soup kitchen or church to help provide a proper meal for those in need.

If possible, donate funds to a charity which addresses hunger, such as https://www.feedingamerica.org/ (thanks to a forum member for making me aware of this particular organization.)

Thank You

More directly related to cooking, this is the first time since COVID that I get to cook a turkey dinner so very excited about that. The stuffing uses 2 pounds of oleo so it's obviously quite a treat.
    That's the first time I've ever heard anyone refer to margarine as oleo. Had to look that up.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The Perfect Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich:

2 pieces of bread
    peanut butter
    1 banana
    cinnamon
    chocolate chips

1. toast the bread
    2. put peanut butter on toasted slices
    3. mash-up banana between two slices
    4. add cinnamon and chocolate chips
    5. put in the refrigerator to chill for a few hours
    6. eat right out of refrigerator, when it is still cold. Best served with coke or diet coke