Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: There's a rumor Trent Reznor will appear at the Phantasy Nightclub's final concert

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

There's a rumor Trent Reznor will appear at the Phantasy Nightclub's final concert

I'm sorry, I have no idea which forum this should go in, move it accordingly.

This club here in Cleveland called the Phantasy was where Nine Inch Nails played their first concert ever, and they're closing down in September.

There's currently a rumor going around that the "special guest performer" will be Trent Reznor.

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainm..._celebrat.html

Now I live right down the street from here, I know Tim Skold and some of the members of KMFDM who got kicked out like En Esch and Gunter Shultz have played shows here. I might go. I figured this deserved a thread here since it's an upcoming live performance supposedly.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Not to say it couldn't happen, but with that date being fairly close to the beginning of the next tour cycle, I have my doubts. That said, it would be pretty cool if it did happen.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Off topic from the rumor, but it always makes me sad to see established music joints close down. The place I grew up seeing shows at had been in existence since around the time I was born, and a few years ago it was finally shuttered before being converted into a weird hybrid restaurant / bar / club sort of thing that sometimes has concerts - most of which are jam bands. Another venue in town used to be the place where HUGE bands would cut their teeth. I'm talking guys like Black Sabbath, etc. Before it finally shut down, it was a place where high school bands could go play on stage in front of their friends and would host the occasional professional show (Superjoint Ritual, for example).

But times change, and no venue lasts forever. RIP Phantasy.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    They're trying to shut down the Showbox in Seattle for some 436 unit apt building monstrosity. Gross. Judge gave them a temp. reprieve while the case gets examined more closely.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Just an FYI in case you want to go, and don't know yet... tickets for the final show at Phantasy are already on sale.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    They're trying to shut down the Showbox in Seattle for some 436 unit apt building monstrosity. Gross. Judge gave them a temp. reprieve while the case gets examined more closely.
    Damn, that's really sad. That's a good venue.

We've had our fair share of great venues close their doors here in Vancouver in the last little while.
    They tried closing down a historical movie theatre here that's been a Vancouver staple since the 30s recently to build condos because the rental lease was coming to an end and the owner wanted to sell the building, so the manager said Fuck that noise and took to indegogo to fund keeping the building afloat. They needed to raise a ton of money to try and buy the building. After a very long and tedious campaign they were able to get the 7 million dollars needed to buy the building through the general public, the city of Vancouver, private investors and banks. Even actor Ryan Reyhnolds chipped in and made a donation to save the theatre. It's a really great theatre. It gives the city character.

It saddens me when small venues try and get shut down and town down. The world needs more entertainment, not less.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViN View Post
    I'm sorry, I have no idea which forum this should go in, move it accordingly.

This club here in Cleveland called the Phantasy was where Nine Inch Nails played their first concert ever, and they're closing down in September.

There's currently a rumor going around that the "special guest performer" will be Trent Reznor.

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainm..._celebrat.html

Now I live right down the street from here, I know Tim Skold and some of the members of KMFDM who got kicked out like En Esch and Gunter Shultz have played shows here. I might go. I figured this deserved a thread here since it's an upcoming live performance supposedly.
    so is there a legit rumor going around, or just some speculation/hope that it’s Trent? Would be awesome but if it spreads and NIN fans crowd the place it would kind of suck for the bands and the fans of the place that kind of deserve their own time there.

Reason on I ask is it just links an article with a mention of mystery guest and nothing else. Have fun either way!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    such a shame. saw my first lcd soundsystem show there. it's a great little venue.

i fear the roseland in portland may be next.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The phantasy is about 10-15 min from me, however I doubt that it will actually be Trent as the mystery guest. I found the site selling tickets and it says that the mystery guest will be revealed before the actual date. I don't have my hopes up but would be cool

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    On a related note - they are selling a bunch of stuff from the phantasy this weekend, including some nine inch nails gear it sounds like

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainm...e_phantas.html

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Click this for a larger image.

I kinda wish I were local for this flea market just to see what vintage NIN stuff they have. From the pic, you can see two versions of a TPD shirt, a broken tank top, Manson/MBM/Prick posters from nothing records, & a huge stack of TDS posters. If anyone's local, please stop by and take a bunch of pictures!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post

I kinda wish I were local for this flea market just to see what vintage NIN stuff they have. From the pic, you can see two versions of a TPD shirt, a broken tank top, Manson/MBM/Prick posters from nothing records, & a huge stack of TDS posters. If anyone's local, please stop by and take a bunch of pictures!
    More like: if anyone's local please buy me one of those TPD t-shirts!! But yeah, I'd be curious to see everything they have.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Woah, someone raided the Object Merch archives.

Is that... a NIN denim vest?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

If anyone wants to make a killing by reselling, I'm ready

Europe is a bit far from the shop eh

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)

someone find me an object30 zippo

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I just came back from that actually. I only bought a Downward Spiral poster for $10 but they have tons of rare old shirts and posters going for $100+ dollars. The guy selling them said it was all going online after 5 today, and I told him to specifically tell this website about it because I know people here will want and take care of that shit.

Edit: I can go buy something if somebody has a quick request before 5 PM and is willing to pay me for it, I don't exactly have hundreds of dollars to drop on prototype 1980's Nine Inch Nails merch. They have pre-Pretty Hate Machine T shirts for $100 a pop.
    Last edited by ViN; 08-19-2018 at 03:19 PM. Reason: deets

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Where is it going up online? eBay? Hopefully the guy let's us know...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I would assume Amazon or EBay, I'll keep track of it and let you all know where to find this stuff.

If I had the money, I would have made some purchases on behalf of all of you who couldn't make it out, but unfortunately I'm not rolling in the dough.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Get some pictures of the rarer stuff like those early shirts you mentioned. I'd definitely be interested to get some of that stuff before it hits eBay.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Unfortunately it ended at 5 PM today (it's almost 10 here now), there's nothing I can do now. If I had known before going that people wanted pictures I would have taken some.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    If anyone's local, please stop by and take a bunch of pictures!
    Quote Originally Posted by ViN View Post
    If I had known before going that people wanted pictures I would have taken some.
    Sigh.

Honestly, I'm not all that interested in buying more t-shirts - I just want to see if there's any merch or press materials I haven't seen previously.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Woah, someone raided the Object Merch archives.

Is that... a NIN denim vest?
    That it is.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Any idea if this stuff ever went up online and where to find it if it did?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Any idea if this stuff ever went up online and where to find it if it did?
    I haven't heard anything yet, you could always try posting a comment on Phantasy Nightclub's Facebook page or the event page for this.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Found another photo of the spread (click here for a larger image):

Items of note: a TDS thermal with moths, a backwards "n" in grey (which I would have worn the fuck out of back in the day), & a NIN denim vest?! There are some detailed images in the FB discussion page (sadly, there isn't one of the vest).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Man, that grey tone Broken shirt is awesome looking, I need it!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I want that TDS Thermal with the moths...
    I checked eBay, not there...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    At this point it looks like the nin stuff, that doesn't sell is going back into storage for the moment, no plans to sell it online, as of yet. As for all the other stuff, if it is not sold, other than the swag, pretty much everything is going to the liquidators. And this may, I repeat may, be the last weekend for the sale, as the club sale is pending and we are waiting for the close. Please don't shoot the messenger. I'm just trying to help here, Thank you!
    Via their FaceBook post

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    If they're having another sale I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to go. If I do by some chance, I'll try to take some pictures and post them here. Don't exactly count on me for it though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hi. It looks like the sale continues tomorrow and next Sunday. There is a post on their Facebook, but I couldn't post a link because, idk, I'm internet stoopid.

I went down there last Sunday. Here is a bit more info if anyone is interested. The guy listed on the sale ad, Marky Ray, that's who owns the NIN items. According to him, and things I snooped online, he was there, back in the day, when NIN was starting out. Also was a roadie/tech etc. during the tour in 1990. It seems to me, the price tags are so high because these items are important to him. He is a collector, plus I believe these are items he owned and wore during the time, as all are XL and clearly worn not NOS. I did not look at every item closely though.

The denim vest 150$. Light blue NIN logo stitching on the back. He said, "This is a one of a kind prototype item. We would design some merch and show it to Trent and he would say no. He did that a lot, NO".

I thought that was funny. A lot of the items are like this. Prototypes. I believe most of it is, but like I said, I didn't look at it all. I asked to look at items I didn't recognize, he told me prototypes. You can't really take pictures because it's super dark in there. I tried to snap a few, but felt like a weirdo fangirl, plus the lightening, so I have nothing worthwhile.

In my NIN fangirl collector excitement I forgot to ask...WHO'S THE MYSTERY GUEST!