Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27

Thread: The NIN Summer Tour 2018 Spoilers Thread!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Any word if they're going to continue with the individual show prints for this tour?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I'm excited to see J&MC, but for the amount of $ they're charging for this tour, NIN better be playing for 2 hours minimum every night.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rehearsal videos would be cool right about now.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The October shows should have an intro of Pinion and the Halloween theme Trent and Atticus covered.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 09-12-2018 at 06:09 AM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Uggggghhhh that second half of their Halloween cover with the Eater of Dreams/Pinion combo would be insane

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacajewea View Post
    Any word if they're going to continue with the individual show prints for this tour?
    I forget which artist said it, but one hinted that they would have another release for the fall. Maybe one of the Vegas guys.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Death in Vegas opens for NIN
    That beat sounds familiar...
    http://droneout.co.uk/video/

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    Last edited by witte; 09-13-2018 at 02:20 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Honestly wouldn't be surprised if they just played until 11. We shall see though. I will be checking the merch thread this evening, then logging out of here until at least after the first night at red rocks.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post

Man, I hope this is wrong. 95 minutes is so lame, especially at these price points.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Man, I hope this is wrong. 95 minutes is so lame, especially at these price points.
    Yeah, I was pretty disappointed to see that, too.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Are we OK with keeping this thread open for tour spoilers or is there a consensus to start a new thread since this is the official start of the CBI tour?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Very anxious for tonight. Excited to see these guys tonight and tomorrow, and I am not so secretly hoping for a slightly different production setup than what we have seen from earlier shows this year, given this is a brand new tour. However, judging from the video they just posted on Instagram, it looks to be about the same.

Either way, this will be the first, and maybe last time I have the pleasure of seeing NIN two nights in a row, and I am going to savor it. I even took tomorrow off so that I could sleep late, and prep to do it all over again tomorrow night.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    I even took tomorrow off so that I could sleep late, and prep to do it all over again tomorrow night.
    I'm doing the same thing!! Two NIN shows and a three day weekend. Not bad.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    Are we OK with keeping this thread open for tour spoilers or is there a consensus to start a new thread since this is the official start of the CBI tour?
    I think we should start a new one since this 27 page thread is a little long in the tooth already.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Best case scenario, they'll be playing encores (that are longer than one song) on this tour that aren't included in the official set times. After the bizarre ordeal they made of getting tickets for this tour, one would hope they're at least playing longer than their festival gigs.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    Yeah, I was pretty disappointed to see that, too.
    Me too. Hopefully the set times are wrong. I was hoping for at least an hour 45. That seems reasonable to me given how much tickets are. But (basically) an hour and a half is a bit short. We'll see. I'm trying not to think about it and just want to go and have a good time regardless. Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised.

Best case scenario, they'll be playing encores (that are longer than one song) on this tour that aren't included in the official set times. After the bizarre ordeal they made of getting tickets for this tour, one would hope they're at least playing longer than their festival gigs.
    That, too. It took me five and a half hours to get tickets, I know some people were there WAY longer. Fingers crossed it's a bit longer than what they have listed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
    I know most of these venues have a curfew of 11 so they have an rxtra 15 mins but then again that means if they show up on time.

bummer cause tension was between 2 hr- to 2hrs 10 mins

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Fuck an intermission.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Heh...when I saw Tool in 2013 they had an intermission right in the middle of their set. It was really weird. They literally had a countdown timer above the stage and they turned on all the house lights. Totally killed the mood. Still makes me scratch my head.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    A few of us went to Buckethead on the off night in Vegas and I was like who the hell has an intermission in the middle of a show? I had never experienced that before.

Though with Buckethead I understand it a bit more. Just one dude without any opportunity for a break. But still not a fan of the intermission!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Fuck an intermission.
    *shrug* With two bands like NIN & J+MC, which are both pretty full-on in terms of backline, in venues of that size... they will need to do a full-stage changeover. And to run the smoke machine at full blast for 30 minutes, lol.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I’m not sure why it’s being called an intermission. It’s not like NIN has ever come on stage directly after the opening acts; a half hour to get everything setup is pretty typical, if I remember correctly.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    A bunch of good seats on TM and plenty below face on SH. Def not an intermission. Typical 30 min changeover for any concert w an opener.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Heh...when I saw Tool in 2013 they had an intermission right in the middle of their set. It was really weird. They literally had a countdown timer above the stage and they turned on all the house lights. Totally killed the mood. Still makes me scratch my head.
    Weird but really nice cause you knew exactly how much time you had to pee, get a beer, snack or whatever and knew what time to get back.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Explains where Ken Andrews got the idea to do that for the Failure show I attended in Chicago, heh. If I remember correctly, there was a countdown timer before their set, as well as an intermission mid-set. Strangest thing I’d seen, but also nice that it gave people a specific idea for how long they had to do their business, get drinks and the like. Hadn’t seen an act do that before!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...261#post428261

New thread for when the show starts. I'll lock this one at some point this evening after the AZ show has started.

Thanks!