Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Thread of Creepy

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I give...what am I looking for? Just spent close to 10 minutes scanning that pic, and the only slightly out of place thing I've even noticed is that the guy on the right (our left) seems to be missing an arm.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    ...the guy on the right (our left) seems to be missing an arm.

In all seriousness, though, I looked for a few minutes, too, and the only thing I noticed was that, on the far left side of the picture, there appears to be some sort of pale white "demon" on one of the trees. It's one of those, like, "Oh, that cloud almost looks like a..." sort of deals. I still think it's a stretch, and I might be wrong, but I honestly couldn't see anything else off about the picture at all.
    Last edited by theruiner; 05-29-2012 at 06:00 AM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    In all seriousness, though, I looked for a few minutes, too, and the only thing I noticed was that, on the far left side of the picture, there appears to be some sort of pale white "demon" on one of the trees. It's one of those, like, "Oh, that cloud almost looks like a..." sort of deals. I still think it's a stretch, and I might be wrong, but I honestly couldn't see anything else off about the picture at all.
    Yup there's a pale tall man on the left, he's called slenderman, he appears in a bunch of pictures, he's clearer on this one:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Yup there's a pale tall man on the left, he's called slenderman, he appears in a bunch of pictures
    I found out about this from this thread on the old board last year some time. I watched nearly all of the Marble Hornets videos, at night, at my mom's, which is out in the middle of fucking Amish country. Every time I had to go to the bathroom or let the dog out I was legitimately terrified that he was outside watching me. It's probably my favorite thing that's come of this thread since it still freaks me out from time to time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Yup there's a pale tall man on the left, he's called slenderman, he appears in a bunch of pictures, he's clearer on this one:

Didn't slenderman originate on Something Awful in a photoshop phriday contest?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Well damn, you know your memes!

I had no idea that this was how Slenderman got started.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beef of the Sea View Post
    That décor sure is terrifying.

On another note, someone just sent me uncensored footage of a triple fatality car crash, Yay friends.
    It's weird. I can see it on my laptop but I can't see it on my friends laptop. There's a creepy doll in the lower left corner.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Some of the Slenderman photos are pretty great.

This one in particular

I wonder if the general concept was influenced at all by the character "Pipes" from the one-off broadcast of "Ghostwatch."
    I really love Ghostwatch... a really clever idea, with impressive execution considering. Too bad it never got the exposure it deserved outside of the UK, but then again maybe the impact would be considered lessened... not only because people outside the UK would not be familiar with the telecasters, but the whole "this is a live broadcast" element would be completely spoiled.

Still, if you're into creepy stuff, youtube "Ghostwatch." Last I checked the entire broadcast is on there. I'd love to see them try to pull off something like that again today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^^See, I think that's too much. My favorite Slenderman moments are when he's just there all of a sudden. Like when they're shooting for Marble Hornets, the camera moves slightly and then back to where it was, and suddenly he's standing at the treeline.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfoot View Post
    ^^See, I think that's too much. My favorite Slenderman moments are when he's just there all of a sudden. Like when they're shooting for Marble Hornets, the camera moves slightly and then back to where it was, and suddenly he's standing at the treeline.
    Eh? Sounds interesting...any links available?

As for the above photo - it's much better than a lot of the others in that Something Awful thread, in terms of technical quality. But the multiple arms thing just moves it from "holy fuck, I can see that happening" to downright fiction. Subtle shit freaks me the fuck out. Like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As for the above photo - it's much better than a lot of the others in that Something Awful thread, in terms of technical quality. But the multiple arms thing just moves it from "holy fuck, I can see that happening" to downright fiction. Subtle shit freaks me the fuck out. Like this.
    I put this link in my post earlier, but here it is again. There's apparently more than one Youtube account related to this, but Marble Hornets is the one I watch, which I was linked to from the old thread. In these, the dude doesn't have multiple arms, he's just creepy as fuck.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    30 second commercial for a two minute video. Thanks, youtube :/

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    There's this stuff: http://marblehornets.wikidot.com/the-entries

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    This isn't ghost story creepy, but it's really creepy in my book.

A few years ago, I photographed a Memorial Day parade for one of the newspapers I was freelancing for. Among hundreds of other frames, there was a Korean War vet with a poster his granddaughter had written and signed before taping it to the back of his wheelchair. There's a few photos of that, then a few from the front of the man and his granddaughter.

Last year, the man's daughter (the girl's mother) killed them both before killing herself.

For the first time since taking and filing the shots, I just found them in my archives. I just stared at the one frame of the two of them for ten solid minutes, because my brain simply shut down entirely. I know I won't be sleeping well tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    Don't Blink.
    Just got to this episode.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    This is generally the episode I use first on Who virgins. I have yet to have even one person who started here not go back and watch the entire "New Who" catalog.

Just wait until you get to Silence in the Library and the couple episodes afterward...they give me the willies a bit, too.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Agh... why do I always end up in this thread!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I know this movie is fake, but damn this scene is creepy:

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    Agh... why do I always end up in this thread!
    I'm staying in the creepiest hotel I've ever been in. the building is a weird triangle-frame shape (think the lines that would cut a triangle into thirds), everything looks outdated, light bulbs burned out, AC outlets that don't work, room doors that don't close behind you and the old school chain locks...all that's missing is the 20" CRT TV. Although with the thunderstorms we're having now, the dozen-ish channels of analog satellite that we get all say "no signal".

So yeah...why am I here, too?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Omg henry, why would you post that picture, and why do I keep looking at it.
    ontd_creepy on LJ is doing a free watch-along tonight of that movie, if it's what I think it is. Grave Encounters, right? Omg, will not watch. Want to. But. Never sleeping again.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpenoctem View Post
    Omg henry, why would you post that picture, and why do I keep looking at it.
    ontd_creepy on LJ is doing a free watch-along tonight of that movie, if it's what I think it is. Grave Encounters, right? Omg, will not watch. Want to. But. Never sleeping again.
    Yes, the movie it's Grave Encounters, it's decent, a bit better than Paranormal activity but no better than REC and Blair Witch (i still find this movie awesome), much recommended to watch with a pretty lady!

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    just read the wikipedia article on the dyatlov case. crazy shit. That wold make a great movie.

Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    The Dyatlov Pass incident

One of my favorite creepy thing. This would make such a terrifying movie!

HEAR THAT, HOLLYWOOD? YOU SHOULD START WORKING ON THAT INSTEAD OF REMAKING MOVIES THAT WERE DONE LESS THAN 10 YEARS AGO!

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

is that a naked dude?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    At the risk of sending you into an endless web of Cracked articles, here's one about archaeological discoveries that are pretty creepy. They use the word terrifying, but I think these are a good fit for this thread. Especially the Vikings, Moa, and Bog People entries.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Haven't posted in forever but I love this thread.

Good times with slenderman:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?vql3a6fbjq0qbbv

Can you get all 8 pages?

(safe dl. It's a slender man game that is...just play it. Link from ign.)
    Last edited by hollowed_point; 07-07-2012 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Clarification

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    After two months of fly dates, we finally picked up our tour buses a few nights ago. And I made a horrible realization: I forgot to pack my copies of Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark.

Good thing I'll be near the house in a week or so. What good is a bunk and a dim reading light without proper reading material?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I don't think I ever found Slender Man as creepy as a lot of people, but if you like him and have an Android device, today's (March 9) free app on Amazon might be up your alley.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    More than likely not real but still creepy

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I've seen xrays and other pictures of children's teeth within the skull, and I'm usually not squeamish about most things regarding the human body, but the angle of this picture really creeps me out and triggers my trypophobia. :X