Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Thread of Creepy

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    i heard of the "Deep Web" if it helps

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Was there a special on Discovery or anything like that in the last couple of years that explained what would happen if the sun went supernova or we got sucked into a black hole or something like that? I vaguely remember someone mentioning that they saw something on the topic, and that it was one of the most disturbing things they've ever come across.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    A few years ago, a mother and father decided they needed a break, so they wanted to head out for a night on the town. They called their most trusted babysitter. When the babysitter arrived, the two children were already fast asleep in bed. So the babysitter just got to sit around and make sure everything was okay with the children.

Later that night, the babysitter got bored and went to watch TV, but she couldn’t watch it downstairs because they did not have cable downstairs (the parents didn’t want children watching too much garbage). So, she called them and asked them if she could watch cable in the parent’s room. Of course, the parents said it was ok, but the babysitter had one final request… she asked if she could cover up the angel statue outside the bedroom window with a blanket or cloth, at the very least close the blinds, because it made her nervous.

The phone line was silent for a moment, and the father who was talking to the babysitter at the time said, “Take the children and get out of the house… we will call the police. We do not have an angel statue.”
    The police found all three of the house occupants dead within three minutes of the call. No angel statue was ever found.
    UPDATE:
    They actually found it, but the STATUE OF LIMITATIONS HAD RUN OUT!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Sorry.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I love you.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)

Don't Blink.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Wow, this actually made my heart skip a beat. If you don't see anything after staring at the circle for a few seconds, scroll down to the last post.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Anyone want to take some psychology test?
    http://www.hypnoid.com/EM_entropy/

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    mwahaha!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halloween View Post
    What the heck was that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I absolutely LOVE the whole "when you see it..." pic trend. That one of the living room actually made me jump when I saw it, but it took me forever.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I guess I'll post this here.

After work last night/this morning (around 4:30 am, so it was still plenty dark), I felt like going for a drive and just parking out of town somewhere to look at the stars for a while. I haven't done that for a couple years. Felt pretty good. Just parked and laid out on the back of the car for about 15 or 20 minutes.

But when I hopped off my trunk to head home, I just happened to look up in the sky over the hood of my car, and I saw the weirdest fucking shooting star/UFO/whatever the fuck I've seen in a looong time. (I swear to God, I saw one when I was little. No doubt about it. I still remember where I was and everything.) It was only for a second or two, but this huge red/white light was falling at an almost horizontal angle, like any shooting star, and after a moment of following that path, it just veered straight down from where it was, no curve or anything, like it just dropped straight from the sky to somewhere I couldn't see. It was completely quiet out there, not a car or house for miles, and all I could say was "What in the fuck??" out loud, and I stood there for a minute to see if I could hear or see anything else...Nothin'. So I just drove home and kept looking out the window in that direction, hoping I'd see something else.

It very well could have been some kind of weird shooting star or debris I guess, but the way that thing moved was too...I dunno, unnatural. I don't know of anything that moves in the sky that just makes 90 degree turns/drops THAT fast.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    I guess I'll post this here.

After work last night/this morning (around 4:30 am, so it was still plenty dark), I felt like going for a drive and just parking out of town somewhere to look at the stars for a while. I haven't done that for a couple years. Felt pretty good. Just parked and laid out on the back of the car for about 15 or 20 minutes.

But when I hopped off my trunk to head home, I just happened to look up in the sky over the hood of my car, and I saw the weirdest fucking shooting star/UFO/whatever the fuck I've seen in a looong time. (I swear to God, I saw one when I was little. No doubt about it. I still remember where I was and everything.) It was only for a second or two, but this huge red/white light was falling at an almost horizontal angle, like any shooting star, and after a moment of following that path, it just veered straight down from where it was, no curve or anything, like it just dropped straight from the sky to somewhere I couldn't see. It was completely quiet out there, not a car or house for miles, and all I could say was "What in the fuck??" out loud, and I stood there for a minute to see if I could hear or see anything else...Nothin'. So I just drove home and kept looking out the window in that direction, hoping I'd see something else.

It very well could have been some kind of weird shooting star or debris I guess, but the way that thing moved was too...I dunno, unnatural. I don't know of anything that moves in the sky that just makes 90 degree turns/drops THAT fast.
    I saw a UFO or something too not long ago, it was shocking, it was just "lights in the sky" (no Pun intended) and they disapeared but the were very low, so im pretty sure it wasn't a plane, it was creepy alright!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I saw a UFO or something too not long ago, it was shocking, it was just "lights in the sky" (no Pun intended) and they disapeared but the were very low, so im pretty sure it wasn't a plane, it was creepy alright!
    I wish I could say I've seen anything like that. I see satellites all the time (of course, part of me wonders if it's something else. Not like anyone can tell for sure, it's in friggin' space), but almost never anything like that.

I remember another time when I was on a walk a few years ago, on a pretty well-lit street right by our house. I mean, I could walk 5 feet to my right and hop the fence, and I'd be in you backyard. I was just walking along, my head down and kinda nodding to some music, and I remember seeing a BRIGHT blue light light up the entire area around me. I thought it was a car, so I glanced behind me to move out of its way, but it was nothing. I looked around really quick, looked up at the sky, and there was a fucking...something, flying through the sky. It wasn't a ship or vessel or thing with lights on it, but it looks like a really, REALLY low shooting star or something. It was low enough that it freaked me out and stopped me dead in my tracks and had me bracing for some kind of impact. I could see bits and chunks flying off of this thing while it was giving off a really bright blue and white light. After a couple seconds, it broke up into several flying pieces and it all just disappeared.

Whatever it was, I just couldn't believe how freaking bright it was. I've never seen anything in the sky close enough to light up an already lit-up city street, except for fireworks. But this thing was definitely NOT a firework. Definitely some random debris or something. Damn near gave me a heart attack when I saw it falling.

By the way, the videos about the noises remind me of when I stumbled across this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hum
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 04-26-2012 at 02:11 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpenoctem View Post
    I absolutely LOVE the whole "when you see it..." pic trend. That one of the living room actually made me jump when I saw it, but it took me forever.
    Yeah. The beauty of these is that they can't be too hard to create - the human eye is naturally drawn towards the brightest point in an image (or so claimed every photo professor I ever had), so all you have to do is get a nice bright photo with an inauspicious corner in which to hide something freaky. This one doesn't quite fit that description, but it startled me when I caught it.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    mwahaha!

I've been staring at this for a few minutes, and I don't see it. A little help?

EDIT: that skull thing? Was hard to see with screen glare
    Last edited by Jinsai; 04-26-2012 at 05:38 PM.

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    that was 100% accurate. i think im going to shit myself

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I've been staring at this for a few minutes, and I don't see it. A little help?
    Lower left corner. And it's been staring back at you this whole time.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Fat Matt View Post
    that was 100% accurate. i think im going to shit myself
    yeah....i took some of their other ones too and it was creepy and accurate. then you have to read the information about how these tests came about, equally a creepy story. the guy was commissioned by some doctors overseas...and well, if you have the time read the info because it's very strange.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    This one always disturbs me

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Oh man, the horror stories are almost writing themselves. I was almost certain to really have nightmares from seeing these pictures but then, I clicked this link at the bottom of the page:

http://io9.com/5907063/holy-crap-the...from-your-eyes

I am never going outside again. Excuse me while I'm going to tape my doors and windows.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Oh man, the horror stories are almost writing themselves. I was almost certain to really have nightmares from seeing these pictures but then, I clicked this link at the bottom of the page:

http://io9.com/5907063/holy-crap-the...from-your-eyes

I am never going outside again. Excuse me while I'm going to tape my doors and windows.
    Given that I'm allergic to bees, this definitely messes with my head.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    That décor sure is terrifying.

On another note, someone just sent me uncensored footage of a triple fatality car crash, Yay friends.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Yeah. The beauty of these is that they can't be too hard to create - the human eye is naturally drawn towards the brightest point in an image (or so claimed every photo professor I ever had), so all you have to do is get a nice bright photo with an inauspicious corner in which to hide something freaky. This one doesn't quite fit that description, but it startled me when I caught it.

I give up... what am I looking for? It's not that thing top centre on the bunk is it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hrmm, I just did it and it is completely wrong. This is the first line of the second paragraph and it is completely opposite of how I actually am. "You feel a sharp lack of appreciation from the world around you. "

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I give up... what am I looking for? It's not that thing top centre on the bunk is it?
    Maybe it's just me, but "the thing" there sure looks like a somewhat creepy eye stalking the girl in the picture. Meh.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Bonus: im watching this tonight!!!

watch my movie, NOW!!!
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 05-28-2012 at 07:31 PM. Reason: slenderman