113 Post(s)

Bad Witch LP, out June 22 (thread pt 3) SPOILERS

All right. Let's try this again.

A short review from Q magazine, as found on reddit:

Lyrics:
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Lyrics embedded in the 24bit FLAC:

Shit Mirror:
    GOT A NEW FACE AND IT FEELS ALL RIGHT POWER AND STRENGTH AND APPETITE I EAT YOUR LOATHING HATE AND FEAR SHOULD PROBABLY STAY AWAY FROM HERE HEY LOOK WHAT’S STARING BACK AT YOU CAUGHT REFLECTING IN YOUR EYES WELL I’M BECOMING SOMETHING NEW IT’S GETTING HARD TO RECOGNIZE NEW WORLD NEW TIMES MUTATION I TRIED A BIT THEN I TRIED SOME MORE I LEFT HER ON THE BATHROOM FLOOR I THINK I KNEW WHEN IT CROSSED THE LINE I THINK I KNEW THE WHOLE GODDAMNED TIME HEY LOOK WHAT’S STARING BACK AT YOU CAUGHT REFLECTING IN YOUR EYES I’M BECOMING SOMETHING NEW IT’S GETTING HARD TO RECOGNIZE NEW WORLD NEW TIMES MUTATION
    FEELS ALL RIGHT

Ahead of Ourselves:
    EVERYTHING ALL FIGURED OUT LIKE IT WAS MEANT TO BE WE’RE ON THE PRECIPICE (I CAN FEEL IT) WE’RE ON THE PRECIPICE CREATED US IN HIS IMAGE BETTER BE PROUD OF HIS WORK THAT IS IF HE EXISTED (NOT SO SURE ANYMORE) THAT IS IF HE EXISTED AND WE JUST CAN’T HELP OURSELVES AND WE JUST CAN’T HELP OURSELVES AND WE JUST CAN’T HELP OURSELVES AND WE JUST CAN’T HELP OURSELVES (I DON’T THINK THAT’S ME) OBSOLETE INSIGNIFICANT ANTIQUATED IRRELEVANT CELEBRATION OF IGNORANCE WHY TRY CHANGE WHEN YOU KNOW YOU CAN’T? DID YOU EVER GET THAT FEELING? MAN I CAN’T SEEM TO SHAKE IT NOT QUITE AS CLEVER AS WE THINK WE ARE KNUCKLE DRAGGING ANIMAL WHEN WE COULD HAVE DONE ANYTHING WE WOUND UP BUILDING THIS WE DESERVE WITH ILLUSIONS OF ENLIGHTENMENT WITH OUR SNOUTS IN THE DIRT WITH OUR SNOUTS IN THE DIRT OBSOLETE INSIGNIFICANT ANTIQUATED IRRELEVANT CELEBRATION OF IGNORANCE WHY TRY CHANGE WHEN YOU KNOW YOU CAN’T? WE GOT AHEAD OF OURSELVES WE GOT AHEAD OF OURSELVES WE GOT AHEAD OF OURSELVES WE GOT AHEAD OF OURSELVES

Play The Goddamned Part:

God Break Down The Door:
    GOD BREAK DOWN THE DOOR GOD BREAK DOWN THE DOOR YOU WON’T FIND THE ANSWERS HERE NOT THE ONES YOU CAME LOOKING FOR GOD BREAK DOWN THE DOOR EVERYTHING ALL AT ONCE THERE AREN’T ANY ANSWERS HERE NO NO NOT ANYMORE WE ARE A TREACHEROUS PEOPLE AS NIGHT FALLS DOWN AGAIN IN THIS HOUSE OF DUST THE SHADES ARE DRAWN IN ALL OF THE THOUSANDS OF ROOMS WE SLEEP HYPNOTIZED FROM THE CENTER YES IN THIS NEW PLACE WE CALL HOME IS THERE ANYBODY BUT YOU SITTING IN THE DARK WONDERING IF YOU'LL REMOVE MY SKIN NOT SO DIFFERENT AFTER ALL REMOVE THE PAIN OR PUSH IT BACK IN MAYBE NOT SO DIFFERENT AFTER ALL THAT KIND OF THING JUST DOESN’T HAPPEN HERE I DIDN’T THINK THAT COULD HAPPEN AROUND HERE I DIDN’T THINK THAT COULD HAPPEN TO ME CAN YOU SEE WHAT IS HAPPENING PULL IT OUT, AND PUSH IT BACK SEE, I’M NOT FROM THIS WORLD NOT ANYMORE NOT ME AND I’VE COME TO BELIEVE THAT’S OK I KNOW WHO I AM YES, I BELIEVE I AM SLEEPING AFTER ALL

I'm Not From This World:
    I’M NOT FROM THIS WORLD NOT ANYMORE

Over and Out:
    TIME IS RUNNING OUT I DON’T KNOW WHAT I’M WAITING FOR I THINK THIS KEEPS HAPPENING OVER AND OVER AGAIN FEEL LIKE I’VE BEEN HERE BEFORE OVER AND OVER AGAIN AM I REMEMBERING YOU CORRECTLY OVER AND OVER AGAIN I’VE ALWAYS BEEN 10 YEARS AHEAD OF YOU OVER AND OVER AGAIN
    Last edited by sweeterthan; 06-18-2018 at 03:06 PM. Reason: added lyrics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My brother is getting married on that day, it's like Trent himself got him a gift, lol.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Oh man. "Weaponized noise" sounds perfect.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    These next two weeks will feel like eternity.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    ^^^
    I'm hoping for one more song released (legally) before that date, to take the edge off

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Oh man. "Weaponized noise" sounds perfect.
    It sounds like the far-reaching "I've run out of weird ways to describe the same thing" type of writing that makes me generally roll my eyes at music reviews. I'd love for this to prove me wrong, but I've read so many reviews that make these long and creative ways to describe what generally ends up sounding indistinguishable from a hundred other albums.

Believe me, I've been excited to hear this since the day it was announced, but this doesn't really do anything to suddenly get me more hyped up for it. Been misled too many times.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Bad Witch LP, out June 22 (thread pt 3)

Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    It sounds like the far-reaching "I've run out of weird ways to describe the same thing" type of writing that makes me generally roll my eyes at music reviews. I'd love for this to prove me wrong, but I've read so many reviews that make these long and creative ways to describe what generally ends up sounding indistinguishable from a hundred other albums.

Believe me, I've been excited to hear this since the day it was announced, but this doesn't really do anything to suddenly get me more hyped up for it. Been misled too many times.
    If Ahead of Ourselves is any indication, there might actually be some "weaponized noise" on this album. The entire mix distorts and jumps up in volume during the chorus of that song; it's pretty extreme for post-TDS NIN. And with a title like Shit Mirror, it *could* be a pretty extreme song.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Y'all ever been at a protest where they use the sound cannons? Weaponized noise is definitely a thing. And the chaos that surrounded those sound cannons being used is what it brought up in my mind.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

spot the similarities

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Y'all ever been at a protest where they use the sound cannons? Weaponized noise is definitely a thing. And the chaos that surrounded those sound cannons being used is what it brought up in my mind.
    Huh. I can honestly say that your above description makes me not want to listen to it now. Sounds extremely unpleasant and anxiety-inducing.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    With that "weaponized-noise" description, the bit from the other song released and "God Break Down the Door", i think the album will be big noisy beats with fat production over a Bowie-esque voice...

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    These next two weeks will feel like eternity.
    But when is nin not invigorated ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    With that "weaponized-noise" description, the bit from the other song released and "God Break Down the Door", i think the album will be big noisy beats with fat production over a Bowie-esque voice...
    Ahead of Ourselves is the snippet that was teased, and from hearing it at the Physical World ticket sale, Trent sings it in his usual NIN voice, somewhat quietly, through a filter. And then it gets very loud for a few bursts in the chorus.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Weaponised noise
    I wonder if Shit Mirror is what people have been hearing through the walls of the US embassies in Cuba and China recently...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    I wonder if Shit Mirror is what people have been hearing through the walls of the US embassies in Cuba and China recently...
    Just remembered the Somewhat Damaged/Gitmo controversy, yikes! Reality is stranger than fun internet forum jokes

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    BTW, new Death Grips LP will be out on the same day of Bad Witch, but my hype level for this DG LP is totally zero, all of the released songs was really, REALLY awful.

I'm totally hyped with BAD WITCH because I just can't stop hearing GBDTD.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I hope to god we get a music video with another song next week before the release. The wait is too much!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I, myself, am enjoying the wait, and because it's only 6 songs, I think I want to wait. But if something drops officially, I won't be able to resist.
    Last edited by mostlymad; 06-10-2018 at 03:46 AM. Reason: stupid space bar

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mostlymad View Post
    I, myself, am enjoying the wait, and because it's only 6 songs, I think I want to wait. But if something drops officially, I won't be able to resist.
    I'm waiting. I listened to like 30 or 40 seconds of one of the new tracks at the listening station in Denver but then I stopped myself from listening any longer.

From what I heard, though, I think this is going to be a very interesting record.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Saving GBDTD for the first full listen hasn't really been that difficult. I haven't heard a single note or read any lyrics yet.

Looking forward to this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Saving GBDTD for the first full listen hasn't really been that difficult. I haven't heard a single note or read any lyrics yet.

Looking forward to this.
    Have you read the title of the song? If so, you've actually read the majority of the lyrics. If you only know the song by the acronym "GBDTD" and not what it stands for, then I'm truly impressed.
    Last edited by Jordan; 06-10-2018 at 11:22 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mostlymad View Post
    I, myself, am enjoying the wait, and because it's only 6 songs, I think I want to wait.
    Masochism is truly fascinating. I've met some who enjoy intense physical and emotional abuse, but you take it to a whole new level.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I'll listen when amazon delivers it to my door...Which was supposed to be release day since I pre-ordered it but for some reason now they seem to be giving me this
    "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    I'll listen when amazon delivers it to my door...Which was supposed to be release day since I pre-ordered it but for some reason now they seem to be giving me this
    "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."
    Ruh roh. Hopefully it gets here on time! I'm gonna order the huge Bad Witch bundle on Friday and I'm hoping it'll arrive by release day - but if not, I'm probably gonna get impatient and go downtown to buy a second copy to listen to that day, like I did with Add Violence.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    Masochism is truly fascinating. I've met some who enjoy intense physical and emotional abuse, but you take it to a whole new level.
    Hah, this is small potatoes.

But it is true that I won't be able to resist anything official. I'm weak.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    Masochism is spoiling yourself from the whole experience. From my point of view. You feel pleasure, but in the end, it's pain.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I personally don't want to hear anything more than GBDTD until release, and I only listened to that a few times. I want to experience the rest in context, as a whole unit. Hopefully, if any more preview songs come out between now and the 22nd, I'll be able to stick to that restraint.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'll download it on leak day, then gladly play my cd copy in the car when it gets here. I'm not gonna be too fussed about it either way as long as I end up hearing it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post

Looking forward to this.
    I honestly don't get this. How do you know you're going to wake up tomorrow? You might not. Nothing in life is guaranteed. Listen to what you can when you can.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    I honestly don't get this. How do you know you're going to wake up tomorrow? You might not. Nothing in life is guaranteed. Listen to what you can when you can.
    This was always my philosophy towards leaks, but I figured I was just rationalizing bad behavior. Good to know I'm not alone in this attitude.

I hope we get it at least a week early, since it's being released on CD, but I don't know how physical releases are being handled these days.